We got quite a bit accomplished on the trail day yesterday thanks to Greg C., Ryan M., Frank C., Alex S. and Norm R.
* finished up the west meadows including the Munger Mounds (especially that widow maker on the down hill from the top the mound)
* re-mowed most of the north meadow loop
* trimmed the last section of single track headed back to the water park
* trimmed the N-S treeline east of the soccer fields after the trail cross the park road and heads back to the kettle pond
* trimmed the N-S section of the west fence line
* mowed the small (overgrown) meadow to the SW near Bemis Road and other sections before and after the meadow
* mowed the second half of Mile 1
* trimmed from the crater to the pond bluff
* mowed the pond bluff and some section afterwards towards the Bemis entry gate
* thoroughly trimmed the uphill half of the pond bluff
So the trail is now in quite good shape. About the only area that still needs some attention is ~1.7 to ~2.2 miles; that is, from the gravel road up the hill and then to the Bemis gate and beyond down the switch backs through the disc golf course. If anyone has the time and inclination to work on it, let me know and you can borrow the Stihl hedge trimmer.
Thanks again to all that helped out yesterday.
RHP Trail Coordinator