Poto: Rolling Hills Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Rolling Hills Park

Postby mpaquette70 » June 4th, 2015, 7:22 am

*beep* I regret to inform you that I cannot attend this weekends trail date. Weekends are just too busy. I would be willing to take a day off work sometime and help out during the week if that is ever an option.
2014 Trek 3700 Disc
1994 Trek 820
mpaquette70

Postby parttime » June 4th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Rode from the Merritt entrance to the Bemis gate this morning to do some trimming. Main focus was the honeysuckle bushes in the short section just before the Bemis gate, but stopped and removed a few other thickets along the way, including a 4" tree across the trail just after the wooden bridge. There were still quite a few face slappers along the way. Have fun on the trail day this weekend, unfortunately I'm still working weekend mornings. :( I'll try to keep trimming here and there as I can.
parttime

Postby michael48197 » June 5th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Thanks, Parttime. Just to be sure: are you referring to the section immediately before the Bemis walk-in gate at the end of Mile 2? After the climb up from the gravel road and before heading to the switch back going down through the golf course?

As for the trail day tomorrow, there will be two brush mowers available so we should get all of the north and west meadows done. And there will also be a push mower and hedge trimmer for other workers to use on whatever area needs it the most? Besides the north and west meadows, what area needs the most work?
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby michael48197 » June 10th, 2015, 10:46 am

We had a pretty good work day this past Saturday at RHP with four of us working for 5-6 hours each with three brush mowers and a Stihl hedge trimmer. We mowed the entire west and north meadows which desperately needed it. We also mowed most of the first mile (up to the crater?) and the Bemis connector and used the hedge trimmer on the next 0.5-0.75 miles of trail past the bluff over the pond. So, thanks to Frank, Reinhold and newbie Jack.

That means the trail still needs work from ~1.5 mile mark after the bluff to the left turn into the west meadows at 2.7 miles in addition to the last section and the short N-S section in the tree line east of the soccer fields after the north meadow. I will be out of town or otherwise unavailable until after the July 4 holiday. In my absence, "ryanmcg" has the Stihl trimmer in hand. Send him a PM to borrow the trimmer if you have the time and inclination to work on the RHP trail.

Please post here any critical areas that need to be looked after. "parttime" can you please get in touch with RHP management if there is a critical issue with a downed tree or similar problem?
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Postby parttime » June 12th, 2015, 8:10 am

I rolled through on Sunday after work and clipped more face slappers. Thanks for organizing the trail day, it's looking pretty good!

michael48197 wrote:Please post here any critical areas that need to be looked after. "parttime" can you please get in touch with RHP management if there is a critical issue with a downed tree or similar problem?

Sure, I can do that. How do you usually get a hold of them, email, phone? Anyone I should contact directly? I will also be out of town for ten days between now and then, so I will just check the forum during that time.
parttime

Postby michael48197 » June 12th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments