Thanks for posting the currrent trail profile, Adam.
I've attached a more detailed one along with some of the many new updates coming at RHP this year. Here's the game plan for RHP in 2011:
1. SE Meadow-Outer Loop: add ~1 mile of trail around the perimeter (see the attached map) to join with the Bemis Road Connector. Final details could be approved this week and we may get started with some rototilling work as early as next weekend. Work will be completed this spring.
2. West Fence Line: extend the current trail ~200 yards to the NW corner of the current paved path. Doing so will help avoid the current confusion regarding the old finish on the grass greenway. Work will be completed by late spring.
3. Updated Finish: add a short ~200 yard East-West section parallel to the E-W section of the paved path through the treeline. Work should start by late spring/early summer pending removal of the old wire fencing.
4. NW Extension: after completion of the the trail layout this spring and getting RHP approval, add 1.5-1.8 miles of new single track through the NW meadows, into the woods in the far NW along Munger (lots so mounds akin to The Crater in this area) and around the old gravel pit. Work should start by mid to late summer and finish in the fall.
5. SE Meadow-Inner Loops: add 3-4 inner loops in the SE meadow to add ~1/2 mile more meandering trail. Work should start in the fall.
6. Skills and Trials Parks: RHP management is willing to work with the MMBA to make this happen. However, the MTB community interested in these features needs to step up to help. I have had many contacts showing interest in working on building a Skills Park, but no one has really jumped in to lead the work. The key MMBA personnel involved at RHP - myself and Norm Roller - don't know a lot about researching, designing and building such features. So, without additional community support, it's likely that work on the Skills and Trials Parks will be postponed to 2012 so we can focus on the trail extension work noted above. If you are interested in helping lead this project, let me know and we can discuss how/when/where to make it happen.
If all goes well, we should be able to add 3-3.5 miles of new trail this year to bring RHP to 6.2-6.7 miles. In combination with the 5.5 miles at nearby Hewens Creek Park, there should be 12-13 miles of single track in Ypsi Township by the end of the year. So, keep an eye on this board, the MMBA-Poto Yahoo group and the Volunteers Needed forum for notices on RHP trail work. Hope to see you out there this year.