Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » March 2nd, 2015, 10:43 am

Grooming sled was dragged again late Saturday on everything that has been dragged so far. This includes, the Blue shortcut, the Playground in Red and Lower Green.

There were no bike tracks out there at all. The sled seems to help, but not quite enough and I think some traffic will be necessary to get the trail in good shape. It drags a lot faster now that the groove is packed and I may be adding another brick soon to see if that helps. Probably get a lap in some night this week. It's a great workout.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bockrona » March 4th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Just groomed the trail again for what is most likely the final drag of the season. Spring is coming.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby Biggredd911 » March 5th, 2015, 9:41 am

Ooooooh man, you had to say that. Now we're going to get a blizzard or something.

Anybody know what is up with the MMMBA Facebook page's announcement about trail usage at Anderson? Are we having issues out there?
"I do this for STRAVA kudos"
Biggredd911

Postby bockrona » March 5th, 2015, 10:07 am

Biggredd911 wrote:Anybody know what is up with the MMMBA Facebook page's announcement about trail usage at Anderson? Are we having issues out there?

No issues, there have been only a couple riders since we started. I think that was just a heads up to let people know that it's been groomed.

Truth is, we started grooming too late and it never got fully packed. The sled does an ok job, but really needs traffic to get it the rest of the way, so starting in February with no trail at all, and trying to get it packed with no traffic didn't quite work. The single digit temps over the last few weeks didn't help either.

As the temps rise, the trail will melt and firm up even more, and I imagine the riders will get out. But as the aforementioned Facebook post alludes to, if you are leaving ruts that others are going to have to deal with, whether they be in the snow or mud, maybe that's not the best time to be out. Although the snow ruts will melt away soon enough, the same general rules should apply as in the spring freeze/thaw mud season which is right around the corner.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bockrona » March 18th, 2015, 12:22 pm

With the temp hovering at 30 degrees Sunday morning, I took the opportunity to ride. Trail was still about half covered in snow and ice, but it was firm and rideable, even with my 2.25 tires. Slow ride, mostly in first gear. No major obstructions though, just some smaller stuff hanging low.

Trail was getting softer as the sun got higher though and was mud later in the day. At this time, the Trail is not ready unless it is frozen. Please don't play in the mud. But I'm likely preaching to the choir.

I see some lows forecasted for the weekend in the 20's, so get out early if you want to ride. Otherwise, I think it's gonna be a couple more weeks.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » March 18th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Cool, thanks Ron-might get out there sunday morning!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby MFawley » March 24th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Ok, trail is still off limits during the day. If it's early and 20 degrees it's probably ok. I was out there today to clean up red and see how it was doing. It is still pretty slick and greasy in many spots. Probably looking at a couple weeks, depending on weather. It's probably not anyone on here but there are some tracks out there from someone not riding when it's frozen. So please be patient! Believe me I wanna ride as much as anyone.
MFawley

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments