Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » December 3rd, 2014, 12:04 pm

Skinny on Green is ready to ride. It may get a new exit in the spring after some settling in. Pics are on Facebook. Putting pics up here is a pita.

High tomorrow is 30, looks like the ground will be frozen for the Thursday Night Ride this week.
Sunset is 5:05, time to dig out those lights and charge em up.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby centralRH » December 6th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Slick this afternoon. Tree down in the early part of blue between the hill and bridge. Chainsaw will be needed.
centralRH

Postby reidabel » December 18th, 2014, 3:04 pm

The ground is too soft to ride today - no group ride tonight.

centralRH wrote:Tree down in the early part of blue between the hill and bridge. Chainsaw will be needed.

Got it today, thanks for the good description of the location.

bockrona wrote:Skinny on Green is ready to ride. It may get a new exit in the spring after some settling in. Pics are on Facebook ...

Trail was too soft to ride, so I hiked the bike cross-country to get to this - I just HAD to try it out! Great job on this one, it's the perfect width, length, and angle, just a slight uphill. It's about 10" wide, a bit less at the start, which seems to be a great width for practicing balance, there is enough width to correct your direction if you find yourself going off the side. How Danny MacAskill does this on a railway rail I'll probably never know ...

Cleaned it five out of six tries uphill, two out of two downhill. This is a great addition to the technical parts of the park - thanks for the work!
reidabel

Postby bockrona » December 23rd, 2014, 10:19 am

Thank you Reid for the clearing and the update. Injuries are keeping me on the sidelines at the moment.

With the warm temps, please stay off the trail until we get another solid freeze. Looks like it will be warm through the weekend at least until Monday. The rain and water cannot drain through the frozen ground and riding the trail will cause damage, ruts, and drainage problems.

There have been reports of horse tracks in the park. Please know that Section 30-9 (Protection of wildlife) prohibits horses from all township parks. It's not likely that any on here are responsible for the tracks, but it's good to know that you have the law on your side if you happen to run into any equestrians out there. We will likely add a no horses message to the kiosk sign in the spring. I have never seen horses out there before, so I am hoping this is an isolated incident. Please post up here if you notice any more horses or tracks. We definately don't need any 1,000 lb horses out there chewing up the trail.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » January 10th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Laid fatbike tracks around all three loops today! Might've gotten a bit off the trail in a spot or two especially on blue. Trail is clear-no logs or anything down. Probably going to head back over there tomorrow midday to follow my tracks around and try to get a good packed base for the rest of the winter...get out and ride, folks!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby SteveF » January 25th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Pretty icy out there today--mostly it was textured with crunchy, gritty snow so the traction wasn't bad, and it was very hard and pretty fast. Just watch out for smooth ice and take it easy and it's fine. I probably wouldn't chance it on a regular MTB without studs, though the fat bike was surprisingly grippy out there. The dirt road to the trailhead is pretty much glare ice so I got to enjoy my new 4wd truck, too!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments