Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby centralRH » May 17th, 2016, 12:21 pm

It's short of 7 miles. That was a guess at the time. I believe it is closer to 6 +/- 0.5 miles.
There are three loops with two of them coming together at a couple points creating a few different options.
Its a short but fun trail used mostly by locals for weekday rides.
Good trail for cornering practice...think quick turns. There's a few stunts, drops (one that I believe is close to 3.5 - 4' to landing), berms, skinnies, jumps, etc.
Most of the trail is old fashion narrow single track.
centralRH

Postby jwhitey » May 17th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Thanks!
jwhitey

Postby centralRH » May 17th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Trail is pretty good. A few soft spots but overall some of the best conditions in a long time. Good traction all around. Cut a couple minutes off my time mostly due to better conditions. Slappers are starting to encroach. Time to throw the clippers in the back pocket.

Enjoy!
centralRH

Postby centralRH » May 24th, 2016, 7:43 am

Trail is now very good. Hard and fast. No dust over top yet, so very good traction. Its getting a bit "slappy", but I didn't have time to trim last night. The worst offender is when you come off the high bridge in the playground. It hits right at eye level and is very difficult to see. Proceed with caution. I'll take it out on my next ride if someone else doesn't get to it.
centralRH

Postby bockrona » May 24th, 2016, 8:44 am

centralRH wrote:Trail is now very good. Hard and fast. No dust over top yet, so very good traction. Its getting a bit "slappy", but I didn't have time to trim last night. The worst offender is when you come off the high bridge in the playground. It hits right at eye level and is very difficult to see. Proceed with caution. I'll take it out on my next ride if someone else doesn't get to it.

Yes, the Trail was in great shape Sunday morning. I was slow, but the trail was fast.

Red is getting overgrown after the River already too. Thanks to the long wet spring.

If any interested persons care to do some trimming, you can access that area easiest buy taking the 2-track all the way back and then walking the trail. It was pretty bad most of last year, but hoping to keep up on it this year.

Pruners, weed whips, machetes, or a Weed Cutter Grass Whip like shown in this link would all be useful.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_607394-302-2945 ... 23647&pl=1
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » May 26th, 2016, 1:53 pm

I am planning on getting out there this weekend and doing some trrimming on red.
MFawley

Postby AllMountin' » May 26th, 2016, 4:10 pm

Apparently got some rain out this way. A few slick corners on green, but rolling fast overall. Be wary of the berm after the optional drop on green. Just ate it hard there. Slick as snot!
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby AllMountin' » May 26th, 2016, 6:40 pm

Back half of red was disappointing, to say the least. Cleared most of the direct hit type of stuff from the river on out. Few puddles, but the tread is firm.

Beautiful out here right now!

--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments