Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby Jared13 » April 21st, 2016, 10:24 am

centralRH wrote:Trail was in good condition last night.
The wet spots in the playground were starting to dry. Hopefully we don't get too much rain today.
It should be good again tomorrow afternoon.

How is that large puddle near the beginning of Red draining (but not in the Playground)?

Also, are there any other wet spots after the large puddle? I haven't ventured past that spot yet.
Jared13

Postby centralRH » April 21st, 2016, 1:54 pm

Jared13 wrote:
The wet spots in the playground were starting to dry. Hopefully we don't get too much rain today.

How is that large puddle near the beginning of Red draining (but not in the Playground)?

Also, are there any other wet spots after the large puddle? I haven't ventured past that spot yet.

The large puddle is still there. Just ride straight through it...kind of like a creek crossing. Really no damage done. Ruts won't cause a channel for erosion and the trail won't widen at that spot.
No other standing water (or soft spots for that matter) anywhere else on the trail.
centralRH

Postby Jared13 » April 21st, 2016, 1:55 pm

Cool, thanks.

I didn't ride through the first one because I didn't know if there were others just like it later on.
Jared13

Postby bockrona » April 22nd, 2016, 11:26 am

centralRH wrote:
Jared13 wrote:

The large puddle is still there. Just ride straight through it...kind of like a creek crossing. Really no damage done. Ruts won't cause a channel for erosion and the trail won't widen at that spot.
No other standing water (or soft spots for that matter) anywhere else on the trail.

Yeah, I blew through it but MFawley didn't want to get his shiny new bike dirty so he walked around.
Considering some remediation at that spot. Likely a trench at the far end of that puddle to the right to let the water out will help, but not 100% fix. A little too wet to get in there and work right now. Water is higher there than I have ever seen it but should subside soon.

No other major puddles. A couple of the usual squishy spots and some new ones. They may get some attention (drainage, sloping, trenching) as the season progresses.

The planking on upper Green is getting pretty bad. I built those about 5 years ago out of some old privacy fence. First, I let the wood rot for a couple years in a pile before I had the idea. Hard to believe that they lasted this long. If anybody has a source of that type of wood, I would build some new sections. They work pretty well.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » April 22nd, 2016, 5:46 pm

Hey! I had a tshirt and shorts on, it was cold, you had your winter getup on!
MFawley

Postby Jared13 » April 23rd, 2016, 8:56 am

Very large branch down on at the beginning of Green. It's probably a foot in diameter. There's no way I'd be able to handsaw that one :lol:

I'm planning to take a crack at that large puddle on Red on Monday evening if there are no objections. There is a pretty deep valley forming down the trail and I'd like to get the water drained as best as possible before it gets any worse.
Jared13

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments