Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby AllMountin' » September 11th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Other than a handful of tiny little mud wallows, the green and red trails are in solid shape.

Thanks to Reid and Charles for a clearing some stuff off before I got there. :-)

Happy riding. :smile:
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby bockrona » October 12th, 2014, 7:03 am

Rode yesterday. Trail is in pretty good shape. Going out for a walk now to clear some of the chatter mess and face slippers off of blue.

Any one is welcome to join or keep some clippers in their bag. The trail gets a little overgrown at times.

Leaves are falling. Ride a lot to wear them in. Although a little bit of a nuisance, they are good for the trail in the long run.
bockrona

Postby Felt6 » October 12th, 2014, 10:34 am

I fixed loose boards on the wall ride. I also filled the hole after the bridge today. Let me know when we could work on a new skinny in the playground.
Being a being

2011 Felt Six LTD
2009 Fixie Mutt
1995 Miyata TriCross
1998 Cannondale MT1000 Mountain Tandem
1989 SE Quadangle
Felt6

Postby bockrona » October 12th, 2014, 11:16 am

Kickin sticks and trimming vines. Managed to get most of blue cleaned up this morning. Still more mess out there, but it should ride a little better.

Felt6 wrote:I fixed loose boards on the wall ride. I also filled the hole after the bridge today. Let me know when we could work on a new skinny in the playground.

Thank you for that. There is a tree down just to the left/north of the rotting skinny in the playground that looks to be about the same size. I would be happy to come out and help trim it and put it in place. The current one has definitely gotten skinnier and more difficult. I'll post up when I plan to be out there again.

Woldumar is routing their half marathon through the park on the morning of November 8. I saw some folks out there clearing trail for the run and spoke with them. You may want to avoid the trails that morning.

There is a log on the beginning of Green that I would like to move soon. It is pretty heavy and thought if I could catch some folks on the Thursday night ride, we could move it together. Last Thursday night soccer practice is this week.

I hate those tiny little burrs.
Last edited by bockrona on October 13th, 2014, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bockrona

Postby SteveF » October 13th, 2014, 8:09 am

I hate those tiny little burrs.

YES!!!! I had to throw away a pair of riding gloves that must've had 30-40 of them in the knuckles. Worst is at the little root ball rideover on the short section of green behind the kiosk parking area.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby bockrona » Today, 8:11 am

bockrona wrote:I found a bike computer on the green loop yesterday.

No one? It's pretty useless to me without the other half.
bockrona

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments