Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » December 3rd, 2014, 12:04 pm

Skinny on Green is ready to ride. It may get a new exit in the spring after some settling in. Pics are on Facebook. Putting pics up here is a pita.

High tomorrow is 30, looks like the ground will be frozen for the Thursday Night Ride this week.
Sunset is 5:05, time to dig out those lights and charge em up.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby centralRH » December 6th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Slick this afternoon. Tree down in the early part of blue between the hill and bridge. Chainsaw will be needed.
centralRH

Postby reidabel » December 18th, 2014, 3:04 pm

The ground is too soft to ride today - no group ride tonight.

centralRH wrote:Tree down in the early part of blue between the hill and bridge. Chainsaw will be needed.

Got it today, thanks for the good description of the location.

bockrona wrote:Skinny on Green is ready to ride. It may get a new exit in the spring after some settling in. Pics are on Facebook ...

Trail was too soft to ride, so I hiked the bike cross-country to get to this - I just HAD to try it out! Great job on this one, it's the perfect width, length, and angle, just a slight uphill. It's about 10" wide, a bit less at the start, which seems to be a great width for practicing balance, there is enough width to correct your direction if you find yourself going off the side. How Danny MacAskill does this on a railway rail I'll probably never know ...

Cleaned it five out of six tries uphill, two out of two downhill. This is a great addition to the technical parts of the park - thanks for the work!
reidabel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments