Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby CottonIII » May 20th, 2014, 8:09 am

Also there is a pretty low overhanging tree towards the end of red. I was able to get my head under it but this last time it caught my camelbal and about snatched me off my bike lol. Im fairly tall but we all are around the same height on bikes so I figured it was worth mentioning. The overhanging tree is resting on some little branches that seem to be breaking thus possibly explaining why it is a little lower than before.
All I Want to Do Is Hit the Trails

-Charles
CottonIII

Postby zcorbin » May 20th, 2014, 8:47 am

Well there goes that idea as its suppose to rain most of the day!! *beep* It looks like it should be nice the rest of the week. I'm planning on Thursday now! I will let you know if I head out. Might hit Burchfield this weekend as well.
zcorbin

Postby MFawley » May 24th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Trail is in pretty good shape, just a few of the usual muddy spots. There is a new tree down on green, near the giant one that was just cleared. Not huge but a chainsaw would be alot easier than my handsaw!
MFawley

Postby bockrona » June 5th, 2014, 9:18 am

Trail should be in good shape for Group ride tonight, but for the overgrowth.

Seems about time to have a trimming party. I have some clippers, pruners, and saws, but my weed whip is a POS. So it would be great if someone has one to bring out. I will be around this weekend if anyone wants to meet up to clean a lap around Red or Blue.

If we get enough people, there is a log I want to move on Green also. You may have seen it laying next to the trail, all shaved and ready. A little muscle and elbow grease and we could get it moved into position.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » July 6th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Trimmed all three loops today. They aren't pristine but I got rid of lots of slappers and scrapers and a couple of helmet bonkers...

...with rain in the forecast the stuff will probably grow back in before it's rideable again! :roll:
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby ajbaudoux » July 31st, 2014, 11:24 am

Are there any weekly ride groups in the area?
ajbaudoux

Postby SteveF » July 31st, 2014, 12:59 pm

ajbaudoux wrote:Are there any weekly ride groups in the area?

Some in the chapter forum:

viewforum.php?f=40
SteveF

Postby SteveF » March 18th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Cool, thanks Ron-might get out there sunday morning!
SteveF

Postby SteveF » May 8th, 2015, 6:49 am

Don't forget bug spray--lots of deer means lots of deer ticks which means (potentially) lyme disease...
SteveF

Postby bockrona » May 27th, 2015, 3:22 pm

I have been absent from the woods for a while now, so thank you to all those that are doing work and clearing out there. Kids soccer season is over and the laundry room redux is pretty much done, so hoping to get out there for some rides and work soon.

As stated earlier, the growing season is in full swing and all are welcome to take a lap and do some trimming. There are portions out there that get pretty overgrown and are difficult to keep up with, so we could use all the help we can get.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bockrona » June 21st, 2015, 2:17 pm

Rode this morning. Trail is in good shape. Some wet spots and a lot of overgrowth. Bring your trimmers.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » March 23rd, 2016, 7:56 am

Y'okay-that was hard work--those thorny, viney thickets are ridiculous! I think I got everything cut back enough for the time being. I ran out of daylight before I got the chainsaw out, there are three trees worthy of attention, two on red, one on blue. On red, one is on the ground just before the left turn to go over the two manmade drops (shortly before the banked turn and exit to the parking lot at the cabled-off emergency vehicles entrance) The 2nd is a leaner on red just past the climb right after the log over exit to the road and green loop. The one on blue is after the intersection with red, just past where you cross the two track and before the nifty little log over with the wedge cut ramp. Hope that's clear enough-ask if not. If the rain holds off this evening I may try to get over there to deal with them so please post if anyone gets to them today...
SteveF

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions