Postby centralRH » July 12th, 2011, 2:26 pm

What is that in the background?

How about a little closer.

Another couple angles.

Coming soon. The drop trail.
centralRH

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby pfox90 » July 12th, 2011, 4:26 pm

brad maybe me and you can scope out some other land on the property that can have sweeping berms like this section that we can dig in some new gravity trail?.. this is the best section of trail out there.. would like to see it duplicated.. i will shovel by myself if I have to, just tape that b#*#@ off.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby TenSpeed » July 12th, 2011, 4:56 pm

That wall ride looks really nice. Great work!!
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 4035/6000
TenSpeed

Postby JHew84 » July 12th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Man, I already rode for a little over an hour at Burchfield earlier but I may have to head out to Anderson just to check out the new wall ride, it looks awesome!
- James
'05 Specialized Hardrock Pro
JHew84

Postby centralRH » July 12th, 2011, 6:21 pm

benl wrote:Brad, the wood berm looks great - are you out there every Saturday and Sunday? I'm pretty much free these next few weeks (weekdays too) and I'd love to help with Anderson again.

Also, a major tree branch fell over part of the return half of the blue loop during the storms yesterday. There's lots of smaller branches of course, and there's no easy way around as it is. It'll need at least a saw and a pair of clippers to clear out, maybe a chainsaw.

-Ben

Trail work has been kind of random. There really has been no set day. We will be doing some work soon building a couple drops. They should go quickly once we pick a day to get started.

Tree is cleared. That was a mess and had to go. It was across one of my favorite sections.

pfox90 - I don't think there is any room left out there. Take a walk around and see if you can find an area and we can discuss. Also, a drop line will be going in that will feed some need for gravity.
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » July 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm

I'm thinking out by red there may be some stuff... but I don't know where the park land ends.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby benl » July 12th, 2011, 9:18 pm

centralRH wrote:
benl wrote:Brad, the wood berm looks great - are you out there every Saturday and Sunday? I'm pretty much free these next few weeks (weekdays too) and I'd love to help with Anderson again.

Also, a major tree branch fell over part of the return half of the blue loop during the storms yesterday. There's lots of smaller branches of course, and there's no easy way around as it is. It'll need at least a saw and a pair of clippers to clear out, maybe a chainsaw.

-Ben

Trail work has been kind of random. There really has been no set day. We will be doing some work soon building a couple drops. They should go quickly once we pick a day to get started.

Tree is cleared. That was a mess and had to go. It was across one of my favorite sections.

pfox90 - I don't think there is any room left out there. Take a walk around and see if you can find an area and we can discuss. Also, a drop line will be going in that will feed some need for gravity.

I figured as much - what time of day do you usually end up out there then? It's only a three and a half mile ride there from my house, so I ought to make it out there as often as I can before I get a job and start working...

I guess I'll just watch here like a hawk to see what's going on.

That was fast work by the way - and the wood berm looks great!
benl

Postby SAR » July 28th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Anybody have a mud report for Anderson after the recent rain? Will it be too muddy to ride this evening?
Shaun
SAR

Postby pfox90 » July 28th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Im sure it will be.... it was a monsoon last night
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby SAR » July 28th, 2011, 5:19 pm

I figured it probably would be -- the one evening I might have had time to get out this week. It must be a good evening for a run on asphalt.
Shaun
SAR

Postby stanleyt » August 2nd, 2011, 11:01 am

Trail itself is in great shape, a couple slick spots but nothing too bad. The only problem is the flood across Wardell rd in the low area just past the blue trailhead it does seem to be draining pretty quick though. Let me know of any group rides, I am new to Anderson (Love it BTW) and still trying to figure out the best way to ride it, any direction in that respect would be appreciated.
stanleyt

Postby plunderspunk » August 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm

go to the group ride on Thursday night would be the best way to learn the flow...fun group, I will be joining as soon as the ref assignor quits giving me thursday night soccer games to ref! :evil: :mrgreen:
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby TenSpeed » August 17th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Rode the Green today, and when we were done, headed back to hit the Blue, but as we passed my car, we found a dog sitting by it. No ID, no tags, no collar. Looked like a pit bull puppy, and couldn't have been more than a year old. Severely malnourished, covered in bug bites and fleas. I called Eaton County Animal Control, and they came and got him. The dog was a really good dog, very friendly, but more than likely abandoned and/or abused. We gave him part of a Clif bar, and he had 2 blox that I had in my pack.

I feel like this dog would make a great pet. If interested, contact the Eaton County Animal control. Hopefully he can find a good home.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 4035/6000
TenSpeed

Postby pfox90 » September 2nd, 2011, 1:03 pm

Really feel like I haven't heard much out of Anderson in a long time. We got in a ride today and I know I'm gonna get stoned for this but oh well; the landscape of the terrain at Anderson should be oriented towards a technical, low mile trail like you see at torn shirt or Murray lake, etc. Based on it's location you just can't ge out there and get speed or pound out some miles, and there really isn't much of anything out there it just winds around. So I propose a drastic change on re routes or making the existing trails hard. I'm not talking about adding stunts or log piles or a random log in the middle of no where. And I'm not just saying I want others to do this for me if you know anything I was busting my ass out there in early spring before summer classes. This is just an opinion to draw more people and make it actually have an identity.

Discuss.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby xcrdr » September 2nd, 2011, 1:21 pm

With fall coming it's a good time to work with the trail coordinator. It's alot nicer working with few mosquitos and cooler temps.
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
Redline d660 1X10
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 6Fattie Carbon

2015 Goal: Ride some
2016 Goal: Ride more
xcrdr

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions