Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » November 23rd, 2013, 2:25 pm

Spent some time out there this weekend cleaning up and moving a bit of dirt in a few areas and cut out some fallen trees on Green.

I cut at least 3 trees out of Green and worked on the big one, but did not finish. There is another large one across Green later that may be useable for an up and over or log ride, but may need a second opinion or more input.

Two of the logs were cut and left in place. I filled in the front and back so that they can be rolled by anyone (even my kids) or used as a jump for those that like that sort of thing. They look fun but I didn't bring a bike to test and posting pictures on here is a pain.
Last edited by bockrona on November 25th, 2013, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bockrona

Postby mwnovak » November 24th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Hey Bockrona. Just saw your update. I have some time Tuesday afternoon and was going to head back out there to do some more work with a bow saw and a bit of grunt. I'll bring a bike and check out your rollers.

In general, I'm not a fan of adding jumps or stunts at Anderson outside of the playground, but that's just my two cents.

Were you working with a chainsaw? If so, let me know if/when you're available and I'm happy to meet up and work on clearing all three loops.

--Matt
mwnovak

Postby bockrona » November 25th, 2013, 3:01 pm

mwnovak wrote:Were you working with a chainsaw? If so, let me know if/when you're available and I'm happy to meet up and work on clearing all three loops.

--Matt

Sounds good. I did get a chainsaw on Sunday before I went out. Working alone and spending some time on other projects, I barely got most of green clear. Probably get back out there next weekend.

There are still at least 2 big trees on green. Both may be useable for options later. Cleared most of the brush around the first so it can at least be walked. I'll finish cutting it out next time. It was quite a mess.

The other tree may have fallen sometime between Sat and Sun because I don't recall seeing it on Sat. It is pretty good size with a downhill run alongside the trail about two thirds through green. It will likely be better off with a ride around to the left for now as it will be a lot easier to move the trail than cut through the tree. It's huge and might make a nice feature.

Other than that I never got to blue or red. Possible for fri or next weekend. Don't think Tuesday will work. Should be able to get a lot cleared with two of us.
bockrona

Postby bockrona » November 29th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Finished clearing blue today, apparently I missed one on Friday. There were a half dozen or so across the trail. Was supposed to get to red, but didn't make it. Maybe next week, I haven't even looked at it yet outside of the playground.

Spent some more time clearing green, which is almost clear, only one carry over left. It is pretty big so I am thinking a log over would be good there given the size of the log and it is at the end of a speedy section right before a turn anyway. The other big tree has a ride around set up.
bockrona

Postby bockrona » December 5th, 2013, 2:40 pm

If anyone wants to meet up and walk a lap I am pretty sure I will be able to get out there to work on clearing the red trail this weekend.

Not sure what the weather is going to do, but I think Sat would be better so it's clear for a ride on Sun.
bockrona

Postby MFawley » December 5th, 2013, 5:25 pm

What time on saturday? I don't have any tools but I am willing to help with whatever I can. I know I could do friday after 4 or anytime on sunday. Let me know.
MFawley

Postby bockrona » December 6th, 2013, 11:09 am

MFawley wrote:What time on saturday? I don't have any tools but I am willing to help with whatever I can. I know I could do friday after 4 or anytime on sunday. Let me know.

10:00 sounds good for Sat morning. I will bring some tools and a chainsaw. It's gonna be chilly.
bockrona

Postby MFawley » December 6th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Ok I will be there.
MFawley

Postby bockrona » December 7th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Thank you Reid, Matt and Alan. We got a lot cleared today. Trail is 100% rideable, all 3 loops.
bockrona

Postby reidabel » December 7th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Thank you, too ... I realized after I left that I told you the Blue loop was clear even though I only rode the outer blue from the river to the parking area. Hopefully nothing else has come down since you last cleared blue on Nov29. Was the one tank of gas sufficient, or did you have to go back to the car for more? Alan, thanks for the action photos.
reidabel

Postby MFawley » December 7th, 2013, 9:52 pm

reidabel wrote:Thank you, too ... I realized after I left that I told you the Blue loop was clear even though I only rode the outer blue from the river to the parking area. Hopefully nothing else has come down since you last cleared blue on Nov29. Was the one tank of gas sufficient, or did you have to go back to the car for more? Alan, thanks for the action photos.

I know on thursday the 5th I had no problem riding blue. Unless something fell since then it should be good.
MFawley

Postby MFawley » December 12th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Anyone been out since we got all the snow? Are the trails still visible?
MFawley

Postby Overdrive » December 12th, 2013, 7:45 pm

MFawley wrote:Anyone been out since we got all the snow? Are the trails still visible?

Was out there Tuesday afternoon after the first snow and you could make out the trail. Haven't gotten too much since then.
Adrenaline Nut
Overdrive

Postby bockrona » December 26th, 2013, 9:34 pm

It's a big mess out there. I got most of Green South cleared and ran out of time. Trail needs a lot more clearing and then some fatties to groom it.
bockrona

Postby MFawley » December 27th, 2013, 4:59 pm

bockrona wrote:It's a big mess out there. I got most of Green South cleared and ran out of time. Trail needs a lot more clearing and then some fatties to groom it.

Let me know when you want to go out again. I figured it was a massive mess, was just waiting for someone with tools to set a time to get out there.
MFawley

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments