Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » June 6th, 2011, 6:16 pm

I was the weed whipper. It was hot, mosquitos were out, my whip ran out of whip, and my wife was expecting me home. Sorry I didn't finish.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby pfox90 » June 6th, 2011, 6:45 pm

That's cool if I had a weed wacker I'd go out there and finish it. Whoever built that little jump over that log in the beginning of green is awesome. I hate logs in the middle of no where now you can get some air and hit a small downhill and a quick left.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby bockrona » June 6th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Guilty as charged on the new jump too. At least I did something right.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby pfox90 » June 6th, 2011, 7:44 pm

No I'm glad you weed wacked, the section on the blue needed it for sure. Just wondering the insight on not cutting the firs part or if we didn't want to widen the corridor. Thanks for the work.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby bockrona » June 6th, 2011, 7:55 pm

No insight at all, just luck. After we made the new culvert, I started at the end of blue, and worked backwards to the river, then switched to red, and ran out of whip. reloading the whip head with the mosquito help seemed like no fun (plus, that's a pain in the butt that needs to be done on the patio with a drink), and apparently, weed whipping the woods is pretty low on my wife's list of things for me to do.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby TenSpeed » June 8th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Rode today with my wife, and it was great. Mosquitos but those are to be expected. The entrance to blue is pretty overgrown, but other than that, the trail is in really good shape. Loving the work done on red as you come into the playground area and the new bridge.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 3940/6000
TenSpeed

Postby bikejoe » June 9th, 2011, 10:15 am

bockrona wrote:The tree Joe cleared in the back of green right before you split the 2 trees would make quite a log ride with some chainsaw work and a ramp or 2, or 3. I'd be happy to meet up and get that started whether it just be a strategy session, or whether we jump in and start work. I do not have a chainsaw, however.

That log is a great candidate for a log ride. It is long and straight and deposits you at a convenient point to rejoin the trail.

That said, it would need significant work to make it an officially approved feature. Stunts should have clear landing areas for unplanned dismounts. Also, people seem to like ramps up to and down from logs... If our TC is on board and someone wanted to do it, I?m not opposed. I just have more pressing tasks to work on now.

I rode it last week as it is, not as an official feature but as a happy accident of a wind-fall. I didn?t ride it 100% successfully but I count my foot dabs up to five, trials style. Wheelie-huck onto the short log, same up to the main log at the crotch, wheelie drop back to the ground at the end. I?ll be trying for a clean run again this weekend.
bikejoe

Postby pfox90 » June 9th, 2011, 5:08 pm

joe-- as far as the understanding i got was we can build what we want as long as brad knows about it and you don't build stuff like a complete jack ass. if it has a bypass i would say its far game when ran by brad

i think there might be a little too much on the plate as it is right now though.. i think the main concern would be finishing up that wood wall ride and also finishing the log right that is suppose to have more of an advanced extension already in the playground area... also the part that gets flooded out at the end of the blue trail would be good if we can make a little wood bridge over that to stop it getting so muddy... also finishing the entry onto the log pile bridge that was reversed so you cant get up it and have to take the bypass.. so lots of stuff to do

id also like to get some rock gardens thrown into the mix out there.. love those
Last edited by pfox90 on June 9th, 2011, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby Felt6 » June 9th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Good ride tonite, the trail firmed up nicely all over, hardly anyplace is really soft like it has been. The culvert looks great and the wall ride is still going in, but it is being reengineered. Green was fast and so nice we did it twice. Blue is becoming more worn in, I personally find it challenging. Red is all pretty good, just a little face slappy in spots. I am looking forward to another trail day before the end of June.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby pfox90 » June 9th, 2011, 5:48 pm

yeah if your planning on the weekends again just let me know in advance so i can take it off work and work out there for the day
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby centralRH » June 9th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Felt6 and I discussed the banked corner. It should go quicker once we get started on it again. I will leave the skinny up to Felt as he knows what he has planned there. As for the blue loop, the mud hole has dried up and it is not a top priority to fix right now. Also, after watching 'Allmountian clear the log ride I am not sure it needs a ramp. Sure I can't do what he did, but some can. We still may add a ramp to the side so there is an easier option.

Rock gardens would be great, but we have no rock. If you have a good source for rock let me know, because I LOVE rock.

Joe, I would like to talk to you and Ron about that downed tree when your current work load slows. I think there is something we could do, but we have to be sure to clear the area for safe fall zones and such. Also, I would like the green loop to remain with all natural materials. I would like most of the man-made stuff (i.e., built with lumber) to be isolated in and near the playground.

Another trail day will be in order soon.
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » June 9th, 2011, 8:10 pm

i think the rock gardens would go good on the blue trail.. ill check it out see if i can get anything to come up
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby TenSpeed » June 9th, 2011, 8:40 pm

I might have a source for some rocks, not sure how many though. Might be just enough to make it work.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 3940/6000
TenSpeed

Postby pfox90 » June 9th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Awesome
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby centralRH » June 10th, 2011, 7:35 am

TenSpeed wrote:Rode today with my wife, and it was great. Mosquitos but those are to be expected. The entrance to blue is pretty overgrown, but other than that, the trail is in really good shape. Loving the work done on red as you come into the playground area and the new bridge.

Thanks. The trail is in great shape. I will get a weed whip out on the entrance to blue soon, but not all of it may get cleared. Some of the plants in this area are invasive garlic mustard and I need to take a closer look to see if it has seeded. If it hasn't reached maturity yet I should be able to knock it back. If it is already producing seeds it will remain standing. I want to minimize the spread of seeds. The other option is we can pull it by hand and give it proper disposal. We do not want this plant spreading throughout the park more than it already has.
centralRH

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions