Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bikejoe » May 30th, 2011, 9:50 pm

dauber76 wrote:I'll see about getting out there this weekend to take care of the tree.

I beat you to this job Chris. The down tree on the Green loop is cleared.
bikejoe

Re: Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby dauber76 » May 31st, 2011, 10:42 am

bikejoe wrote:
dauber76 wrote:I'll see about getting out there this weekend to take care of the tree.

I beat you to this job Chris. The down tree on the Green loop is cleared.

Thanks Joe!
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby ramdadof3@yahoo.com » June 1st, 2011, 6:59 pm

Was out here today around 4:30 with the babe and my youngest daughter, who christened her new Haro she got for her birthday yesterday. Aside from the roots on the first green hill putting her on her 11 year old keister, she did great! She made all but one of the hills, got airborne on red's first dip (not the bike, her butt out of the saddle :shock: ) and made it cleanly over most of the log piles. Proud papa indeed!

We saw a pair of other riders by the blue/red entry and met a guy riding solo at the green lot.

The large green loop is in near perfect shape...over the road, not so much. Very soupy. Needless to say we walked through it though some riders before chose not to...there are multiple deep ruts that run for at least 25 feet through the slop.
Red is mostly okay despite being overgrown (we forgot the pruning sheers). We were a little hesitant to try it but met up with the solo guy who had just finished the loop at the trailhead just off the road. He said it was okay, so off we went. It was a little spongy in spots but not unrideable. There are two trees that are down and will need to be chainsawed out...one pretty early on, one about 2/3 of the way in.
Didn't even try blue.

All in all, Anderson held up well with all the rain we've had recently.
2011 Favs
Luton - Gold
Fort Custer - Red
Holdridge - West Loop (including tech loop)
ramdadof3@yahoo.com

Postby pfox90 » June 1st, 2011, 7:13 pm

hopefully we can get a tentative date set so we can get wood over most of the places that hold water extra long
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby centralRH » June 2nd, 2011, 6:50 am

Thanks for the report on the downed trees. I will send a sawyer out there soon.

As soon as I wrap up a big project at my house I will come up with a plan to fix the problem areas and set some trail dates.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » June 2nd, 2011, 5:42 pm

I created a temporary fix on the mud hole below the berms by placing in one of the left over bridge sections from the blue-loop. I rode it a couple times and had no problem getting on and off this section. You may want to take it easy the first attempt. This will eventually be fixed with an appropriately built ladder bridge. There are still a couple trees down that will go soon. The trail needs a little trim if you have the ambition. If you do, please only take the face and leg slappers. Do not modify the trail corridor.

Trail should be great for riding this coming weekend.

Also, I finally conquered the new skinny. Made it twice in a row when going around to test the temporary fix.
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » June 2nd, 2011, 5:46 pm

we are suppose to have good weather all next week, im down to build.. also the downed tree on the green loop extension, if that could just be turned into another log pile that would be sweet because it would be 2 in a row and full of awesomeness.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby ramdadof3@yahoo.com » June 2nd, 2011, 8:48 pm

I'd be down for lending a hand too!
2011 Favs
Luton - Gold
Fort Custer - Red
Holdridge - West Loop (including tech loop)
ramdadof3@yahoo.com

Postby centralRH » June 3rd, 2011, 6:28 am

Sorry guys, but I don't think I can get out there this weekend. If I can make it out to build it won't be until Sunday. I will let you know if my schedule opens.

You are welcome to do some work. Add the log pile, create a feature, trim slappers, etc...just let me know and I can get you the equipment and supplies you would need.
centralRH

Postby jonw9 » June 3rd, 2011, 6:57 am

centralRH wrote:Sorry guys, but I don't think I can get out there this weekend. If I can make it out to build it won't be until Sunday. I will let you know if my schedule opens.

You are welcome to do some work. Add the log pile, create a feature, trim slappers, etc...just let me know and I can get you the equipment and supplies you would need.

And LOG YOUR HOURS!
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby Felt6 » June 3rd, 2011, 7:00 am

I would love to get out there and do some work. I am free Sunday between 8 and 12. I can bring the saw and a couple of drills. It would be good to get a start on the berm hole ladder bridge. I will be out there today around 3 or 4 to ride for first time in three weeks if today goes as planned.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby jonw9 » June 3rd, 2011, 7:30 am

Felt6 wrote:I would love to get out there and do some work. I am free Sunday between 8 and 12. I can bring the saw and a couple of drills. It would be good to get a start on the berm hole ladder bridge. I will be out there today around 3 or 4 to ride for first time in three weeks if today goes as planned.

I was out there last night. Green was great, although I skipped upper green due to the mud hole that is almost always there.

Blue wasn't bad. There is a mud-hole near what used to be the start of blue, but is now the end. I didn't check the blue->red connector, so that may have a couple of spots.

Red was decent as well. Big mud hole on one of the old "wide" paths. Brad took care of the berm mud pit, not perfect but good. The low bridge just after this spot had a muddy exit as well.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby dauber76 » June 3rd, 2011, 9:22 am

Any specific locations for the downed trees?
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby pfox90 » June 3rd, 2011, 9:25 am

The upper green half way through has a downed tree just over a log pile. Please be awesome and make it into a second log pile. :)
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby jonw9 » June 3rd, 2011, 11:00 am

I want to say red is just after the bench cut downhill (with the rocks at the top), but don't recall for sure. I only hit that area once.
jonw9

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions