Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby AllMountin' » May 2nd, 2013, 8:40 pm

Pretty solid conditions, with the exception of a couple soft spots early on red. Downed trees still there, but I didn't have a saw. One on blue after the turn, before you head down to the bridge through the swamp.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby xcrdr » May 8th, 2013, 11:09 am

Any current trail condition reports? Thinking about knocking out a few laps.
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

2008 Redline d660 1X9
2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 29
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
xcrdr

Postby pfox90 » May 8th, 2013, 11:15 am

Good to go out there we just rode a few days ago don so it should be even drier.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby Overdrive » May 8th, 2013, 11:16 am

Did a trail run there this a.m. Was on green (south of the lot) and red. Outstanding conditions.
Adrenaline Nut
Overdrive

Postby xcrdr » May 8th, 2013, 11:20 am

Cool guys thanks!
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

2008 Redline d660 1X9
2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 29
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
xcrdr

Postby SteveF » May 12th, 2013, 11:02 am

Moist in spots but no mud and certainly no standing water. One double tree down on blue very near the end. (between the shortcut to red and the ramped log roll over/log stack series) Looks like a biggish one fell and took a little one with it. Both are across the trail together, not rideable but small enough to easily step over.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby reidabel » May 18th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Fantastic conditions before Noon today! Bugs were not bad at all, trail was excellent.

What's up with the Blue trail entrance and those "POSTED" signs in the first 100 yards? The first two had me thinking it was private property to the left of the trail, but the third one is on the right-hand side and is right in your face, apparently just for us bikers. I turned around and did another loop of Green instead. Are we supposed to ignore those signs and ride anyway, or has something changed and we are no longer to use Blue? I haven't heard anything about these new signs, but I haven't ridden Anderson Park for a while ...
reidabel

Postby centralRH » May 18th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Ignore the signs. The trail is completely on park property. A survey grade GSP unit confirmed so about 2 weeks ago.
centralRH

Postby Overdrive » May 31st, 2013, 9:49 am

Trail is pretty good as of this a.m. (green south and red). Some dog walkers and other runners out as well. Bunch of MDOT vehicles and a DTE vehicle rolled in and were out on the drive just beyond the property survey stake at the main lot/trailhead.

Few damp spots and one water crossing although with more rain coming it'll likely get a bit slick before it drains out nice. Could see some tracks from recent riders in the soft areas. Large tree down across the trail right as you head out from the red trailhead. Nice morning to be out there.
Adrenaline Nut
Overdrive

Postby flynnster » May 31st, 2013, 3:23 pm

I'm coming back to Michigan for the summer and was wondering if dogs were allowed out at Anderson? I will be there for sure on my bike, but I think it would be a nice place to get my new pup acclimated to the woods without too many other people around.
flynnster

Postby centralRH » May 31st, 2013, 3:46 pm

flynnster wrote:I'm coming back to Michigan for the summer and was wondering if dogs were allowed out at Anderson? I will be there for sure on my bike, but I think it would be a nice place to get my new pup acclimated to the woods without too many other people around.

They are allowed, but I have been asked by the township to spread the word that dogs must be on leash.

Thanks.
centralRH

Postby Overdrive » May 31st, 2013, 3:49 pm

flynnster wrote:I'm coming back to Michigan for the summer and was wondering if dogs were allowed out at Anderson? I will be there for sure on my bike, but I think it would be a nice place to get my new pup acclimated to the woods without too many other people around.

Folks do take their dogs out there, last week I almost ended up "wearing" a dog that a couple was out with. Wasn't leashed and a fair amount ahead of the couple. Looking at the Delta Township park regs, dogs are allowed and must be on a leash of a length no more than six (6) feet. That's similar to the southern end of Burchfield. At Burchfield the southern 1/3 or so is open to leashed dogs.

edit: see I was typing too slow ; _ Brad is quick.
Adrenaline Nut
Overdrive

Postby benl » June 2nd, 2013, 11:02 am

Rode yesterday and can confirm Overdrive's assessment of the trail. A few damp/light mud spots (enough to slip on and/or cause minor rutting) and one water crossing on the red trail, as you re-enter the singletrack from the short section of old two-track after the playground. It's always muddy there though.

The big tree at the start/end of the red is probably going to need a chainsaw. The new entrance to the red goes around it, though.
benl

Postby reidabel » June 26th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Rode this evening, all but the inner blue loop. Many slick and greasy corners and muddy spots, many slappers, several of which disguise hard branches that can cause damage. One in particular by an intersection on red where there are two red indicator arrows on a single post - it's a half inch thick, somebody cut it in the past, but it has grown or bent down to head level, covered in other foliage and just waiting to take a bite out of somebody. It almost got me. There are a couple of others out there, too. Wear your eye protection.

On the upper green, on the down side of a little log pile, lies a pair of short red shorts. If you got back to the car and were surprised to discover that you were down to your underwear - that's where they are! I decided to leave them alone. I went by it quickly, but I think there was another item or two of clothing there as well.

The "Posted" signs at the start of Blue are still there - is somebody going to take them down? Surely some riders are seeing them and turning back, as I did the other day.

Other than that, I had a decent ride and got a mid-week workout in, accomplishing my goal for the evening.

Bugs were out, but not too extreme.
reidabel

Postby centralRH » June 28th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Anderson Park needs a trim. Sorry for the lack of maintenance so far this year, but I'm overbooked with work and family.
I plan to try to trim for a couple hours this weekend. Please feel free to grab some trimmers and cut face and leg slappers.
If just 4 or 5 of us replace one ride to do this the trail will be back in good shape soon.

Thanks!
centralRH

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments