Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby Felt6 » May 13th, 2011, 9:19 am

I am in for Thurs night group rides. I often work thurs, but I have some off too. We have been following the route Central suggests for a while now. It is a great route, although sometimes we blaze thru green first and then to red then blue. If the weather holds Saturday morning at the playground at 9:30 for trail work. If it is raining heavily I will cancel. Unfortunately my internet is down and I'm doing the biggby free net for now so be patient.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby pfox90 » May 13th, 2011, 9:31 am

Weather says showers early developing into t-storms. That said they said it was going to rain the past few days and it's sunny out right now.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby jacked » May 13th, 2011, 10:10 am

Yeahhhhh! I got my maps for BP! Thanks Brad!
jacked

Postby centralRH » May 13th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Felt6 wrote:IIf the weather holds Saturday morning at the playground at 9:30 for trail work.

I have about 200' of decking, 8 12' 2x6, 4 15' 2x4, and 2 12' 4x4s in the back of my truck. That should keep you busy for a little while.

I will either drop them on the pile tonight or I will see you out there tomorrow.

THANK YOU Gilbert Lumber
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » May 13th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Brad, a gentleman I ran into at work (and whom I have seen at the trails several times) says that he has a deck full of treated lumber that we can use. His name is Vern I think he said he will join the board under the alias of something to do with his specialized pitch. Looking for him to post here soon. If I run into him should I tell him we need it?
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby ramdadof3@yahoo.com » May 13th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Rode for the first time today with a friend and we are likin' the trails here. Solid single track and it looks like alot of effort is being put into the playground area...that bridge is awesome! We will definitely add this to our local rotation.

Rode green clockwise - oops. It's better counter clockwise!
Red is hilly enough for a good workout and tight enough for a challenge.
I think blue will be my favorite once it's worked in a bit...still pretty spongy in spots.

There are a few spurs that shoot off the main trail (red, I think) in spots that I'm assuming are either old or just well established deer paths. Too bad there's not a picnic area (near the playground would be cool!?)...we brought a lunch and ended up chowing on the ride home.

I'll bring along pruning scissors and bug spray next time! Thanks to whoever is doing all the work out there, we're talking about joining you for the next workday!
2011 Favs
Luton - Gold
Fort Custer - Red
Holdridge - West Loop (including tech loop)
ramdadof3@yahoo.com

Postby centralRH » May 13th, 2011, 6:47 pm

pfox90 wrote:Brad, a gentleman I ran into at work (and whom I have seen at the trails several times) says that he has a deck full of treated lumber that we can use. His name is Vern I think he said he will join the board under the alias of something to do with his specialized pitch. Looking for him to post here soon. If I run into him should I tell him we need it?

If it is treated and in good shape either we could use it or perhaps Jeff could use it at Burchfield. I just dropped off a large load :shock: of wood.

New map and green loop posts are up. Trail is looking good except for the mud pit on the red loop.
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » May 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

In your pants? Yeah I'll ask jeff if he wants it for swamp thing or to redo some of the stunts
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby Felt6 » May 14th, 2011, 7:40 am

Sorry Guys I am not going out to work today. I am not sure when to reschedule, but it should be soon. Central, I'll return the tools to you soon.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby rvd » May 16th, 2011, 3:20 pm

pfox90 wrote:Built up a jump on the Green Loop about 1/4 of the way through.
This jump has some height! It is built over a log that is about 1ft off the ground, not too big but coming down the hill you can get some good air.
http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=89832&start=315#p711381

Loving it! Nice work.
rvd

Postby pfox90 » May 16th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Did you go out today? If so, how are the trails?
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby rvd » May 16th, 2011, 6:29 pm

pfox90 wrote:Did you go out today? If so, how are the trails?

No, just a slow responder I guess. I rode this before the weekend but I am still liking it :-)
rvd

Postby centralRH » May 20th, 2011, 11:43 am

Recently some small trees from alongside the trail have gone missing or got pushed over. I am not talking about face slappers, but standing broom stick sized trees. Do not remove any more. Whoever did this ruined the tight feeling on some sections of trail. If you can't ride a section to your liking, improve your skills. I don't care how many times you hit your bars. Do not modify the trail to fit your needs. Some of these sections used to require a little body english and quick front end maneuvers to get around at speed. Now the sections are less entertaining.

While I am at it, do not remove roots, rocks, or on the ground vines from the trial. Someone has removed Medusa's hands and I am certain they will not grow back.
centralRH

Postby jonw9 » May 20th, 2011, 11:50 am

centralRH wrote:Recently some small trees from alongside the trail have gone missing or got pushed over. I am not talking about face slappers, but standing broom stick sized trees. Do not remove any more. Whoever did this ruined the tight feeling on some sections of trail. If you can't ride a section to your liking, improve your skills. I don't care how many times you hit your bars. Do not modify the trail to fit your needs. Some of these sections used to require a little body english and quick front end maneuvers to get around at speed. Now the sections are less entertaining.

While I am at it, do not remove roots, rocks, or on the ground vines from the trial. Someone has removed Medusa's hands and I am certain they will not grow back.

I am guessing the trees are in "upper blue," the tight section Bill cut in last year?

Where/what were Medusa's hands?
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby TenSpeed » May 20th, 2011, 11:55 am

Tried to ride today, and red is an absolute mess. Pretty much impassable in a few spots near the beginning. Green is actually ok, just a slightly muddy in a few areas, no standing water or deep mud or anything. Did not try blue. Bugs are really bad right now. The humidity and all this rain we have had is like heaven for them. Watch some of the roots and log crossings, as they are wet, and I had a lot of rear tire slide, almost fell once on a normal root.

My wife and I discovered the second part of the green trail today. When you come out of green back to Wardell road, you can cross and continue. I have never seen that part before. It was pretty muddy and impassable as well. How long is that part of green?
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 3984/6000
TenSpeed

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions