Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bockrona » January 11th, 2013, 8:31 am

SteveF wrote: Saw a Coyote on red. If your trail dog is a poodle, better keep an eye on him!

I heard it last night. It was a little creepy out there alone at night. All you can see is what's in the spotlight and that coyote kept howling from not very far away.

Trail was still pretty frozen, but it's likely a mess by now.
bockrona

Postby benl » January 12th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Just talked to a friend and confirmed that the trails are indeed very muddy today.
benl

Postby centralRH » January 15th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Rode everything tonight and trail is in good shape. It would be in great shape if we could keep the deer off during the thaw.
I removed a tree on the red loop so the coast is clear.
centralRH

Postby bockrona » January 18th, 2013, 8:27 am

Trail was actually pretty fast last night. The snow/ice was very crispy and not slippery. Best traction I've had on snow yet.
bockrona

Postby SteveF » January 20th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Frozen and fast today, though some rutting from someone's unfortunately timed ride in the warmer weather. Very little ice and no snow. Tons of trees and branches down, though. We managed to move a lot of the smaller stuff but there are still at least 3 or 4 big ones down that will call for a saw.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby dauber76 » January 20th, 2013, 6:00 pm

SteveF wrote:Frozen and fast today, though some rutting from someone's unfortunately timed ride in the warmer weather. Very little ice and no snow. Tons of trees and branches down, though. We managed to move a lot of the smaller stuff but there are still at least 3 or 4 big ones down that will call for a saw.

Give me some good directions and I'll get them removed.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby SteveF » January 21st, 2013, 7:53 am

dauber76 wrote: Give me some good directions and I'll get them removed.

Oof, sorry-I can't really recall. We picked up and moved so many its all sort of a blur. Hopefully someone will ride it soon and note the few that are still out there.
SteveF

Postby bockrona » January 21st, 2013, 5:46 pm

dauber76 wrote: Give me some good directions and I'll get them removed.

I'm not much help either, like Steve said, with all the starting and stopping, it's a blur.
I do recall a very large and heavy tree across the trail in the back corner of Green by the River after the jump. It could maybe be used as a jump/drop/or mound, but it is pretty big and leads into a corner, so it might be best taken out.
bockrona

Postby SteveF » January 21st, 2013, 8:03 pm

And I think there were two or three on Green? At least one toward the end. Where were the vines that we had to step on/through? That was toward the end of Green, right?
SteveF

Postby rvd » January 24th, 2013, 10:04 pm

On lower green, one tree is located just before the 180 degree lefthander near the river after the optional log jump; another is down after the high log pile / before the y-entrance log skinny. On Blue, there is a downed tree near the start, just before the climb. On red there are a couple of leaners, but I do not remember seeing any trees blocking the trail.
rvd

Postby SteveF » January 25th, 2013, 4:55 am

Also vines across the trail on red where it zigs up toward the road then back down before crossing the road. And right after you cross the road there's a big tree too.
SteveF

Postby centralRH » January 25th, 2013, 10:24 am

I would like to get these cleared but i will not get out there anytime soon. If you have a saw feel free to take them out.

Thanks.
centralRH

Postby rvd » January 25th, 2013, 8:48 pm

I plan to take care of these tomorrow morning, unless someone has beaten me to it already.
rvd

Postby rvd » January 26th, 2013, 12:39 pm

SteveF wrote:Also vines across the trail on red where it zigs up toward the road then back down before crossing the road. And right after you cross the road there's a big tree too.

Cleared these and the other trees from the green loop, and one tree from red and blue. There may be a couple of leaners left, but I believe nothing that cannot be ridden under/past.

Conditions for riding were excellent, by the way. I was quite surprised to see no other people out there enjoying the fluffy snow.
rvd

Postby rvd » February 7th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Conditions were quite good this evening. The snow, or what was left of it, was a bit slushy, but the soil was still frozen solid. No need to worry about damaging the trail*.

*May not apply to blue - the start of blue is exposed to the sun during the day, and tends to be the first to soften up.

SteveF wrote:Frozen and fast today, though some rutting from someone's unfortunately timed ride in the warmer weather.

With most of the snow gone, the extent of the damage was plainly evident. Sad to see how inconsiderate some riders have been during last week's thaw: parts of red have long and deep ruts. Green also had some damage, but less.
rvd

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments