Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby bikejoe » December 5th, 2011, 11:20 am

On Sunday we dragged most of the down trees off of the Blue loop. There are still some branches to duck under... I wish I had thought to bring some pruning tools on this ride. The Red loop had even more trees down. We didn't make it all the way around. The lower Green was nice and freshly cleared, thanks to Felt6.
bikejoe

Postby Felt6 » December 6th, 2011, 6:28 am

Last night I was out there clearing trees for a bit. I started at the end of red and worked back towards the beginning. I only got about halfway around before it got dark. There are a few trees needing a saw left.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby F7Cannon » December 6th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Hit all three loops tonight and I think we spent more time off the bikes than on. It's going to take a small army to get that place back into any kind of riding shape. Maybe we should set a date for a trail day, or even maybe a day where at least just a few people get together at the same time. Ground is in nice shape though, only a few muddy spots here and there.
F7Cannon

Postby AllMountin' » December 6th, 2011, 9:15 pm

What he said^.

But just to clarify... there are issues with all three loops. There are a few significant downed trees back on upper green. Lower green is a mess.

The start of red isn't horrible, and the end where Felt6 cleared is pretty nice. In between is an impenetrable gauntlet of trees, vines, and branches. It is difficult to carry a bike through red. Don't bother trying.

It's actually quite impressive how wrecked this trail is. Straight up tornado spec.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Re: Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby dauber76 » December 6th, 2011, 9:35 pm

F7Cannon wrote:Hit all three loops tonight and I think we spent more time off the bikes than on. It's going to take a small army to get that place back into any kind of riding shape. Maybe we should set a date for a trail day, or even maybe a day where at least just a few people get together at the same time. Ground is in nice shape though, only a few muddy spots here and there.

I'm available next weekend.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby F7Cannon » December 6th, 2011, 10:07 pm

dauber76 wrote:
I'm available next weekend.

Sounds good Chris. Just set a date and time and I will be there. I don't expect a bunch of people just because of the time of year and some would rather complain and not even come out when it is nice and warm out. If we can get a few more people it would be nice to tag team one trail at a time until it is clear and then move to the next one. Green shouldn't take to long to get done but I think Red is going to be an all day project if not two days unless we get a ton of people out there. I have a chainsaw I can bring but it would be nice if we had at least two going at the same time. Does our chapter have one? I know we have other equipment but have never heard anything mentioned about a chainsaw.
F7Cannon

Postby jonw9 » December 6th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Do you mean next weekend as the 10th and 11th (this weekend), or the next one after, the 17th and 18th?

This would be close to the last chance for some people to get their FAFL finished.
I can let you know your hours if you PM me here (or on facebook).
Some members are close enough, they only need 10 more to qualify!
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby bikejoe » December 7th, 2011, 1:02 am

I'm available on Saturday, Dec 10th.
bikejoe

Postby Felt6 » December 7th, 2011, 6:47 am

I will put it out there and say that I will be there Sat after work at 3:30 or 4 to do what I can. After that I can be out there for a while on Sun. I will try to recruit some more hands. Let me know when and where.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby dauber76 » December 7th, 2011, 7:47 am

jonw9 wrote:Do you mean next weekend as the 10th and 11th (this weekend), or the next one after, the 17th and 18th?

This would be close to the last chance for some people to get their FAFL finished.

I'm out of town this weekend (Dec 10-11), but have next weekend (Dec 17-18) open.

Keep Dec 17-18 open, I'll set a time after we get a report from any work done over this weekend.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby rvd » December 7th, 2011, 7:54 am

F7Cannon wrote:I don't expect a bunch of people just because ... some would rather complain and not even come out when it is nice and warm out.

I have a chainsaw I can bring but it would be nice if we had at least two going at the same time.

My chainsaw is available for trail use and can be picked up by someone in EL. I would be happy to help myself, but I am out of town (in west Australia, where it *is* nice and warm out)
rvd

Postby bikejoe » December 7th, 2011, 12:55 pm

I'm going to head out there between noon and 1PM. I will start on the upper Green.
bikejoe

Postby F7Cannon » December 7th, 2011, 7:37 pm

dauber76 wrote:
jonw9 wrote:Do you mean next weekend as the 10th and 11th (this weekend), or the next one after, the 17th and 18th?

I'm out of town this weekend (Dec 10-11), but have next weekend (Dec 17-18) open.

Keep Dec 17-18 open, I'll set a time after we get a report from any work done over this weekend.

Same here Chris. Seems like we got a few people headed out this weekend to do some work, thanks guys. I am sure there will still be plenty to do next weekend as well. I will be free either day so just let me know when you ant to head out and I will see you there.
F7Cannon

Postby bockrona » December 8th, 2011, 6:56 am

this weekend works good. I'll come out. Next weekend not so good.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby bikejoe » December 9th, 2011, 1:24 pm

I?m still planning on clearing some down trees off the trail on Saturday. My 1960s chainsaw is prepped and ready as it will ever be.

I may be able to start as early as 11AM, certainly by noon. I will park my gold Chevy p/u at the Green parking area. The western upper Green wasn?t bad so I will start on the eastern (entrance) of upper Green. If I make it all the way around I will move on to the Red Loop.

If anyone needs to track me down, my phone is eight nine nine 8476, though I won?t hear it when the saw is running. I?m expecting more hand work than power tool, based on what I saw last Sunday.

bikejoe

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions