Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby AllMountin' » October 27th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Trail is currently fairly slick, as the leaves are holding the moisture. A few greasy spots as well.

Tree down on red on a downhill, somewhere in the middle. It is completely severed at the top, but suspended over the trail by vines. After crashing, we fruitlessly attempted to pull it down, before giving in to failure. It will require a saw. Or many men.

Lots of smaller deadfall. Cleared some. Left others.

Went to the aforementioned B&I Bar. Nobody got shanked. Mission accomplished.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby bockrona » November 12th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Got a nice ride in today. The trail was surprisingly fast. Also cleared the leaves away from the culvert in the playground. Surprised to see the trail flagged throughout and some clearing/trimming was done and a lot of the sticks were kicked aside for the Woldumar 1/2 marathon. The cement pile was cleared also.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby SteveF » November 13th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Yeah, I did two laps there this morning and it was surprisingly dry. I expected slick wet leaves but 'twas not the case. Just one or two small wet spots easily negotiated.

A lot of flags and such marking the marathon route from yesterday still on the trail, but I ran into a couple of guys that are collecting them so that shouldn't be a problem for long. I moved a couple of smallish logs off the trail and lost the trail in the leaves once or twice but overall, great day for a ride.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby qt314159 » November 17th, 2011, 9:58 am

Did a few laps last night on Red and Green.

Green has a very low branch just aft the first log pile that suprised me in the dark last night. Perfect height for clotheslining. I wasn't able to clear it by myself, it will probably require a saw (~6 inch diameter).
qt314159

Postby AllMountin' » November 17th, 2011, 10:57 pm

qt314159 wrote:Did a few laps last night on Red and Green.

Green has a very low branch just aft the first log pile that suprised me in the dark last night. Perfect height for clotheslining. I wasn't able to clear it by myself, it will probably require a saw (~6 inch diameter).

We encountered your headhunter at tonight's group ride. Everyone squeezed under it on the first lap. Then we tried backwards green, and it makes the log pile pretty much impossible, so we broke it off. We dragged another tree off somewhere, but I forget the location. Pretty sure everything is open and clear now.

I see someone added a minor log pile on green, and filled the chronic mud hole w/branches. Otherwise, things are leafy and cold. Very cold.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby jonw9 » November 18th, 2011, 8:37 am

AllMountin' wrote:
qt314159 wrote:Did a few laps last night on Red and Green.

We encountered your headhunter at tonight's group ride. Everyone squeezed under it on the first lap. Then we tried backwards green, and it makes the log pile pretty much impossible, so we broke it off. We dragged another tree off somewhere, but I forget the location. Pretty sure everything is open and clear now.

I see someone added a minor log pile on green, and filled the chronic mud hole w/branches. Otherwise, things are leafy and cold. Very cold.

Other log was on Green as well.
My only complaint is I wish Brad would turn up the heat out there a bit!
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby centralRH » November 18th, 2011, 9:10 am

Thanks for the report guys.
Why would I turn up the heat? Hunters like the cold and if we keep this up ice fishing will be just around the corner.
centralRH

Postby jonw9 » November 18th, 2011, 9:58 am

This guy seemed to have a decent time:

http://youtu.be/xsHMnjIk-o8
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby F7Cannon » November 20th, 2011, 12:57 am

"NO BRUNCH! NO BRUNCH!" :lol:
F7Cannon

Postby mwnovak » November 22nd, 2011, 1:18 pm

I just finished a lunchtime loop of the green, red, and blue trails: everything was clear, trail surface felt good except for one or two small patches of grease/mud. This was my fourth (?) time out at Anderson, and I'm having more and more fun on these trails. Again: huge, huge thanks to the builders!

Was starting to rain as I finished out my ride, though . . . so trail conditions could change quick if a lot of water comes down (not in the forecast, but I've given up trying to predict Michigan weather).

--Matt
mwnovak

Postby F7Cannon » November 30th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Snow brought down a ton of trees out there last night, way more than the first snow of the year usually does. Only made it around the Green loop and it was a mess. Starting clearing trees but after an hour and getting off of the trail I realized it was a lost cause. Usually if you know the trail you can still navigate around it when it is covered in leaves or snow but with all the trees down about half way around I couldn't make heads or tails out of it and me and the doggie had to hike our way back to the road. Still good for hiking just going to have to walk over or around all the trees but I wouldn't recommend trying to ride out there right now. I have no Idea what the Red or Blue look like but I am sure it is more of the same.
F7Cannon

Postby centralRH » December 1st, 2011, 9:29 am

Thanks for the update. I was worried that would happen. I assume a chainsaw is required? I will not be able to get out there this coming week, so it may be awhile before I can get them cleared. If anyone gets to them before I get to it let me know.

Thanks!
centralRH

Postby bockrona » December 2nd, 2011, 6:33 pm

I have no chainsaw, nor skills, but I certainly know how to move wood.
If anyone decides to head out there, post up and hopefully i'll be able to help get it cleared.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby Felt6 » December 3rd, 2011, 9:52 am

A couple of us should be out there today around 11 to clear what we can with only a small chainsaw.
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

Postby Felt6 » December 3rd, 2011, 3:23 pm

Lower green is all clear
slower is faster, brake less, pedal more, Do it better by bike.

2011 Felt Six LTD
1988 Jamis Dakota
2015 Cannondale Synapse
1989 SE Quadangle
2015 Cannondale CAADX
Felt6

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions