Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby CottonIII » May 20th, 2014, 8:09 am

Also there is a pretty low overhanging tree towards the end of red. I was able to get my head under it but this last time it caught my camelbal and about snatched me off my bike lol. Im fairly tall but we all are around the same height on bikes so I figured it was worth mentioning. The overhanging tree is resting on some little branches that seem to be breaking thus possibly explaining why it is a little lower than before.
All I Want to Do Is Hit the Trails

-Charles
CottonIII

Postby zcorbin » May 20th, 2014, 8:47 am

Well there goes that idea as its suppose to rain most of the day!! *beep* It looks like it should be nice the rest of the week. I'm planning on Thursday now! I will let you know if I head out. Might hit Burchfield this weekend as well.
zcorbin

Postby MFawley » May 20th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Yeah I know what branch you are talking about. I keep forgetting about it. If it is still there tomorrow evening I'll get it taken care of when I go out for a ride.
MFawley

Postby zcorbin » May 21st, 2014, 7:10 am

I did get out to Anderson yesterday and its dry for the most part. There are a couple of muddy areas but if you go around them its not too bad. Unless you are trying to go around them and clip a tree! :D
zcorbin

Postby AllMountin' » May 21st, 2014, 7:33 am

I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but the PC thing to do is to ride thru the center of the mud holes. Prevents trail widening and/or trail braiding. We like our singletracks tight and... single.

Ideally, a chronic mud wallow should be repaired.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby zcorbin » May 21st, 2014, 8:39 am

That's good to know. Thank you for the info (definitely not busting balls) I just started trail riding last fall so I'm not sure of all of the trail rules. My thought was to not rut up the trail in those spots but I see your point. Hadn't thought about that.
zcorbin

Postby SteveF » May 21st, 2014, 9:09 am

If you want to go 'round a wet spot, you can just walk your bike-that usually isn't a problem. If you ride through it, keep your mouth closed unless you like the taste of mud. B-)
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby MFawley » May 21st, 2014, 5:02 pm

That tree that was hanging over the trail near the end of red is cleaned up. And holy crap are the mosquitos out in full force! Time to start to bring the bug repellent when you ride.

Trail maybe ride able but it had a few to many slick spots for my personal taste. I ended up taking my bike back without riding it.
MFawley

Postby MFawley » May 24th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Trail is in pretty good shape, just a few of the usual muddy spots. There is a new tree down on green, near the giant one that was just cleared. Not huge but a chainsaw would be alot easier than my handsaw!
MFawley

Postby SteveF » May 30th, 2014, 6:54 am

Good conditions last night-a few damp spots but no mud to speak of. Getting a bit overgrown, particularly on blue and some of red. And there's a couple of low hanging trees/logs/big branches over the trail on red that will make you duck. I had to and I'm a short guy. Also, there was a group of mushroom hunters on green-the ones I interacted with seemed friendly enough but a number of log overs and jumps were booby trapped with strategically placed branches while they were out there. I don't know if it was one or more of them or someone else I didn't see, but it sure *beep* me off...
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby MFawley » June 2nd, 2014, 8:21 pm

You would think I would know this by now, but after the rain today, if it's sunny tomorrow do you think the trail will be ride able?
MFawley

Postby bockrona » June 3rd, 2014, 6:35 am

Matt - trail should be fine today. It was pretty dry over the weekend. That amount of rain shouldn't be enough to cause a problem for the next day.
bockrona

Postby MFawley » June 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm

Trail was indeed in good shape. I took care of the widow maker low hanging branch near the front of red, near where the giant mud puddle forms.
MFawley

Postby bockrona » June 5th, 2014, 9:18 am

Trail should be in good shape for Group ride tonight, but for the overgrowth.

Seems about time to have a trimming party. I have some clippers, pruners, and saws, but my weed whip is a POS. So it would be great if someone has one to bring out. I will be around this weekend if anyone wants to meet up to clean a lap around Red or Blue.

If we get enough people, there is a log I want to move on Green also. You may have seen it laying next to the trail, all shaved and ready. A little muscle and elbow grease and we could get it moved into position.
bockrona

Postby MFawley » June 5th, 2014, 2:44 pm

I do not have a weed eater but I can add my clippers and saw to help this weekend. Just about any time besides sunday evening would be ok for me. I
MFawley

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments