Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby dauber76 » April 24th, 2009, 7:23 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Anderson Park
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby dauber76 » April 24th, 2009, 7:24 am

The upper portion of the green loop has some significant mud holes. It is best to avoid that section for now....
dauber76

Postby bleve » May 6th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Rode two laps today, skipped the short middle loop as I figured it was still quite messy. The other two loops each had a couple muddy spots but nothing terrible. Dismounted about a dozen times to remove large sticks and two trees that were annoyingly blocking the path. On my second time around on the loop closest to the road I skipped the section right at the beginning that goes over the two bridges, several muddy spots there.

Wish I could make the IMBA trail days but once again it's a work weekend for me.
bleve

Postby centralRH » May 18th, 2009, 4:57 pm

As of 5/18 the trail is in rough shape. There is more mud than I anticipated and the last wind put down even more sticks and branches. I will attempt to remove the sticks and branches on Friday during our walk thru with IMBA. Also, the trail corridor we cut in earlier this year has grown in because the tread never got compacted.

Its going to take some work, but I hope it will be in rideable shape by the end of the weekend.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » May 24th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Trail is now in good condition. Still a little mud on the green loop, but I expect that to be dry soon. Enjoy the improved sections of trail thanks to the hard work of our IMBA Trail Care Crew class.

I will hopefully be finishing off the new ending downhill section on the red loop soon by adding a temporary trail to the two-track. I will let you know when that section is ready to go.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » May 31st, 2009, 3:45 pm

Trail is in good condition and fast. The ending singletrack downhill is now open on the red loop, but you have to do a little searching to find it. Here are my best directions: the red loop will dump you out at the intersection of the two-track and the Grand River. Take the two track away from the river, go up the washed out hill, down the straight with a slight left bend, just before you see the pines on the left you will see an overgrown two track on the left. Ride that two track thru the grass and up the gradual hill; this will lead you to the ending downhill.

Didn't make it over to the green loop because I got a flat riding the red, but from what I saw on the red it should be in great shape and very fast.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » June 6th, 2009, 9:42 am

The entire trail is in great shape, even the upper green section.

See you all Tuesday http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=90601
centralRH

Postby spwrozek » June 25th, 2009, 8:56 pm

So we rode this for the first time today. Green loop was pretty good. We parked at the rules sign (the trail map was stolen). The first section of green on the right if driving in was good then crossing the rode that section was a bit muddy and had some branches down. Then we went back across the rode. Then we hopped on a trail by hanging a right at some point and it followed the river and popped back out at the rode. Big wash out that you can just get by. Then we went down and hung in by the 'no dumping' sign. Sweet burmed downhill and cool little bridges. Then it got....interesting...really over grown and we didn't like the quick up downs over what looked like a ditch? Then the trail disappeared...we should have turned around but we just kept 'riding' by following the flags. Found a two track and made it back to the burmed section and rode it backwards and finally got out.

A lot of the log piles were kinda screwy. If you just roll them you hit the sprocket on most of them (first one on the green loop).

All in all it was a neat trail. Once it is done I think it could be cool. The green loop could have some sweet stunts in it (kinda like burchfield).
spwrozek

Postby centralRH » June 26th, 2009, 6:44 am

Sounds like you made it around all the trails, plus some extras. One of the sections that you rode is off limits to bikes, but you wouldn't know that because the sign and map were stolen. Sounds like you enjoyed most of the trail except the section that is currently being worked on and the log piles (some of which will be removed; others have just settled).

Every issue that you mentioned could be addressed with a little more help during trail days. Currently most the work is being done by myself and a couple other people. I would like to get a Kiosk built and trail signs put up, but I also need to keep pushing the trail forward. We are getting closer to the end of the red loop and this last section is going to be great when finished. See this post for information to help during the week http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=90601. I'm also planning for another weekend trail day.
centralRH

Postby spwrozek » June 26th, 2009, 7:11 am

Ya I had looked at the map before I headed out (came up from Jackson) and saw the off limits areas but it was honestly kinda confusing. The green trail was easy to follow and marked well enough but the the next 'trail' we hopped on was probably a hiking trail. There seemed to be a lot of cross trails or deer runs that seemed like 'hey another section!' but turned out to maybe not be so much or head where we were not supposed to go.

So from what I am gathering is the green loop is done other then trimming and small changes here and there, red is close to being done, and the blue hasn't been started yet. I can try to make it up for a Tuesday (after the 4th, be out of town for business next week) but I have limited trail building experience (made a back yard trail over at my parents earlier this year).
spwrozek

Postby CSnowss » July 19th, 2009, 8:56 am

Just rode Anderson for the first time yesterday. I liked it quite a bit. Got a bit confused on what I think was the Red loop, but not too bad. Burchfield is the only place in the area that I've ridden, so it was nice to find another place for a little change of scenery in the nearby area. I'll definitely be going back soon.
CSnowss

Postby centralRH » August 6th, 2009, 8:21 pm

I put down the trail tools and decided to ride tonight. The trails are in great shape and the newer sections are breaking in nicely. A few face slappers and leaves on the trail but nothing major. Felt good to ride something that I worked on. Put in 16 dirt miles and 8 paved.

Will be working on the trails next Wen at 6:00.
centralRH

Postby mjpo » August 6th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Finally rode it. You have done a great job. We did two quick laps on Tuesday night, with the second one being pretty much in the dark. The canopy is pretty thick! Just read the posts, and I think we missed a lot. I know we never found the section we bushwhacked earlier this year, but didn't have time to look. Darkness won. Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I really like and appreciate what you've got going on over there. Jeff ( and Colin)
mjpo

Postby centralRH » August 7th, 2009, 8:12 am

Sorry to hear you missed that section. It is one of my favorite areas out there. Due to darkness you probably missed the trail shooting left away from the river. Eventually this will all be signed, but I'm focused on completing the trail.
centralRH

Postby centralRH » August 11th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Trail took the storms very well. I walked about 60% of the red loop and everything was in great shape and no soft spots. Talked to a couple riders as I was leaving and they said they had to move one tree on the green loop. Thanks guys.

I flagged the next section of trail and we will be out there working starting at 6:00 pm tomorrow.
centralRH

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments