Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Morton-Taylor Trails

Postby SloMo » June 2nd, 2016, 8:15 am

Thinking of doing Hines/Rouge/Morton-Taylor tomorrow for the Triple Challenge. Is Morton-Taylor rideable or no?
Follow me on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/9205583
2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon WC
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
SloMo

Postby possium8 » June 3rd, 2016, 8:33 am

It is rideable but there is a good amount of over growth and the usual wet spots. Did have to walk 2 wet spots and watch out at any of the log piles because people are putting pieces of wood in the wrong direction had to fix some yesterday. I would also like to say that I'm sorry for not introducing myself to who was working on trimming up the trail.
possium8

Postby eGodzilla » June 3rd, 2016, 9:08 am

possium8 wrote:It is rideable but there is a good amount of over growth and the usual wet spots. Did have to walk 2 wet spots and watch out at any of the log piles because people are putting pieces of wood in the wrong direction had to fix some yesterday. I would also like to say that I'm sorry for not introducing myself to who was working on trimming up the trail.

I live only 2 miles from the trails and am willing to spend a day helping fix them up.
eGodzilla

Postby SloMo » June 3rd, 2016, 8:50 pm

I was there around noon today. The first trail I turned into was quite overgrown so I just rode the main trails and moved on to the next location. Thanks for the reply
Follow me on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/9205583
2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon WC
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
SloMo

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » June 13th, 2016, 11:45 am

Trail Day - This Saturday June 18th, meet in the parking lot at 8:30am, discuss the plan and head out onto the trail at 9. Probably 3-4 hours of work.
There will be a 5K running event going on but I think that the start/finish for that is at the Connections church so it shouldn't pose a problem.

The main focus is to whack back the green overgrowth, remove any small downed trees and possibly come up with a solution to some muddy spots.
Depending upon how many people show up will determine how much we can accomplish.

What to bring - gloves, eye protection, water, bug spray, loppers or hand saws, etc. I will bring a string trimmer (maybe 2) and if someone wants
to bring their own that's fine, too. Refer to the Trail Guide for directions to the trail head parking lot and hope to see you there !

Thanks,
SC 8)
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » June 19th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Dave and Rich showed up (thank you SO much guys!) and the three of us worked our butts off, 3 guys for 4+ hours and (man, did it get hot !)
we managed to get Buckshaver completely cleared. 5 downDed trees, face slappers, ground growth all out of control.
Next is Dragon's Tail and thank you the person that was clearing stuff west of Lilley road, much appreciated.
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments