CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby mkow1234 » December 1st, 2014, 12:03 pm

I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).
I noted several very large logs that were placed across the single track entrances -- I'm assuming the park employees did this to discourage biking during the thaw period. The pavement did have some really slick muddy spots.
mkow1234

Postby Mack » December 1st, 2014, 12:46 pm

mkow1234 wrote:I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).
I noted several very large logs that were placed across the single track entrances -- I'm assuming the park employees did this to discourage biking during the thaw period. The pavement did have some really slick muddy spots.

The reason it's called CRPT (Clinton River Park Trails) is because the trail actually goes through four different parks, not just Dodge Park.
The park employees would not put logs across the trail entrances, they are not involved with the trail. I will look into it.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby c0nsumer » December 1st, 2014, 1:12 pm

mkow1234 wrote:I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).

Take a look here to see what is Dodge Park. The trails here span much more than Dodge Park. There's also Farmstead Park, Jaycees Park, Clinton River North Park, and Clinton River South Park. Take a look at this map which does a pretty good job of showing how everything fits together. The official single track is roughly from M-53 to Edison, and you can see what that crosses through.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby sleepyguy1001 » December 3rd, 2014, 8:59 pm

I rode the southern part of it today and didn't see any logs.
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby MCSmith » December 6th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Tree down along the express way. Was sloppy along the expressway, fine in the high and fine until the crane. Hike a Bike till the pavement. Tree down after the banked turns. And another after the gravel road crossing. One more down in the flood area before "little skinny". Last down tree was by the Edison entrance. Removed some small dead fall.

All tress that are down are chainsaw worthy.

Nice night otherwise. And I like the decorations from Santa on the little pine tree by the rocks behind the bench lol :D
Clinton River Park Trail - Co-Trail Coordinator

2013 Trek Fuel EX 7
2014 Trek Stache 7
2015 KHS 4 Seasons "Fat"
MCSmith

Postby sleepyguy1001 » January 28th, 2015, 6:16 pm

I rode through there today and it was okay, not icy. Maybe a little bumpy from the footprints, but all in all it was okay. I don't have a fat bike and didn't have any trouble, no sinking in at all, not much ice at all.
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby FLIPMODES » February 12th, 2015, 5:31 pm

Rode CRP this morning and it was in surprisingly decent shape. I would say about 70% of the official trail has been groomed with a 12" wide path and plenty of foot traffic. Starting from the trail head(south end) to the largest bridge was groomed but not following the official trail. It's more of a straight line to the largest bridge. From there the official trail was groomed all the way to m53 and was ridable. Minus the berms/switch backs that just has foot traffic. I tired riding it but was kinda ruff and the path didn't follow the official trail. There is a large amount of ice only along M53 in the usual spot but it can be ridden carefully due to the thin layer of snow along the sides. Overall, I was glad to ride the single track because I really thought it was only going to be a paved path ride. :D
River Bends Park - Co-Trail Coordinator
River Bends trail conditions
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby Mack » February 13th, 2015, 8:54 am

FLIPMODES wrote:Rode CRP this morning and it was in surprisingly decent shape. I would say about 70% of the official trail has been groomed with a 12" wide path and plenty of foot traffic. Starting from the trail head(south end) to the largest bridge was groomed but not following the official trail. It's more of a straight line to the largest bridge. From there the official trail was groomed all the way to m53 and was ridable. Minus the berms/switch backs that just has foot traffic. I tired riding it but was kinda ruff and the path didn't follow the official trail. There is a large amount of ice only along M53 in the usual spot but it can be ridden carefully due to the thin layer of snow along the sides. Overall, I was glad to ride the single track because I really thought it was only going to be a paved path ride. :D

Thanks for the report Phil :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Mack » March 18th, 2015, 8:45 am

Got out and walked parts of the trail yesterday, a muddy mess as expected.
I know this goes without saying, but i'll say it anyways, please do not ride CRPT
at this time, or any trail for that matter. If you see someone riding, please in a
nice way explain to them what happens when you ride trails at this time of year.
Aaron and I would also like to welcome Mike Smith (MCSmith) on board as a co-TC at CRPT.
With Aaron's and my own ever increasing life schedule, it is sometimes hard for us to get out
and do trail maintance (aka deadfall removal). Mike is a welcome addition to our crew :D.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby MCSmith » March 20th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Paul!

As an update I took a look today and the good news is, it is "starting" to firm up. What was once muddy footprints/tire tracks are now starting to firm in most areas, but by all means please still avoid it!
Clinton River Park Trail - Co-Trail Coordinator

2013 Trek Fuel EX 7
2014 Trek Stache 7
2015 KHS 4 Seasons "Fat"
MCSmith

Postby jreyst » March 21st, 2015, 9:56 am

WOOT!!! ALMOST THERE!
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments