CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 13th, 2015, 7:40 am

johnnyd wrote:The trail is clear and dry from the Edison trail head to the Dodge park bridge. The only mud puddle is just before the rollers and someone put a few boards and a small log pile across it (thanks).

Thank for the update :icon_thumleft: . That spot is an ongoing probleem, and one of this
years trail projects,
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby Mack » April 13th, 2015, 8:59 am

johnnyd wrote:The trail is clear and dry from the Edison trail head to the Dodge park bridge. The only mud puddle is just before the rollers and someone put a few boards and a small log pile across it (thanks).

Also welcome aboard, I see this was your first post.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby vang9981 » April 19th, 2015, 10:16 pm

Thx for the update guys. One question... other than having all this history on here, is there another site that shows if the trails are opened or closed due to rain and etc..?
vang9981

Postby c0nsumer » April 19th, 2015, 10:30 pm

vang9981 wrote:Thx for the update guys. One question... other than having all this history on here, is there another site that shows if the trails are opened or closed due to rain and etc..?

Typically, no, because this (if any closing were being done) would be under the authority of the land manager, not the IMBA trail maintainers. In SE Michigan, at least, trails aren't ever closed, but we (via this forum, trail signage, etc) try to eschew usage in poor conditions. So, your best online bet is to keep an eye on here and ask around, and in person check to see if you are leaving a rut (of any depth) when riding, and if so go elsewhere.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby vang9981 » April 19th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Ok. Sorry from MN and when it rains its an automatic closed.. trying to get the feel for trail talk.. thx.. and yes. If it leaves a mark no riding. :)
vang9981

Postby Sortaslow » April 20th, 2015, 5:37 am

vang9981 wrote:Ok. Sorry from MN and when it rains its an automatic closed.. trying to get the feel for trail talk.. thx.. and yes. If it leaves a mark no riding. :)

I remember hiking at Lebanon Hills (Johnny Cake Ridge road dirt lot entrance) there after work (more like a walk in the woods thing as I was traveling for work). I got to the trail but it was gated and locked. I called the city or your dnr (can't remember- there was a sign with numbers on the gate) and they said it was closed due to rain earlier in the week. Right as I was parked in front of the locked gate, some mt bikers were coming off the trails on their bikes. I talked to a few who said it was bone dry and said hike away. Most complained about these forced closures and the over cautious nature of them. Seemed most people were just parking elsewhere or biking in and biking right around the locked gate. I parked down the street in a sub and went ahead and walked and yup, it was dry as dry can be.

This is exactly why forced closures are worthless unless someone is literally managing the closure with a real time walk each day and accessing the trail conditions rather than an opinion of "hey it rained this week, must not be good".
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Join us!
Sortaslow

Postby Mack » April 22nd, 2015, 9:36 am

Mike (MCSmith), Phil (Flipmodes), Macie (Mike's daughter) and myself, were able to get out
last night and open up a path from the asphalt to the long bridge. This path will make it easier
for volunteers and supplies to gain access to the bridge for our up coming trail day May 16th @ 10am to 3pm.
At this upcoming trail day we will be building another bridge, to span the other wet section after
the long bridge, and constructing a railing system on the long bridge. This is another big project
for us all to take on in one day, so will you please mark Saturday May 16th on your calender.

The crew.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Mack » April 22nd, 2015, 10:13 am

Mike, Phil and Macie cleared the deadfall on the trail last night from the high winds
we have been having :icon_thumleft: . The trail at this time is clear and dry. I still had some pent up energy,
so I decided to flag and rake a small reroute coming into / out of the switchbacks (aka the berms)
that I have been thinking about. This will make it flow better, not having to slow down coming into
and out of this section.

The trail used to go left of the big tree in the center of the picture, then make a 90 right.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby MCSmith » April 22nd, 2015, 10:43 am

That reroute is looking good!
Clinton River Park Trail - Co-Trail Coordinator

2013 Trek Fuel EX 7
2014 Trek Stache 7
2015 KHS 4 Seasons "Fat"
MCSmith

Postby MambaRider728 » Today, 3:31 pm

Trail was in great shape today... Just a couple little greasy /muddy spots just after the abandoned excavator and a spot along m-53, but over all in great shape! Definitely going to try and get another ride in tomorrow while it's so nice!
2013 Trek Mamba *Upgrades coming soon*

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
MambaRider728

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments