CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby MambaRider728 » April 25th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Trail was in great shape today... Just a couple little greasy /muddy spots just after the abandoned excavator and a spot along m-53, but over all in great shape! Definitely going to try and get another ride in tomorrow while it's so nice!
2013 Trek Mamba *Upgrades coming soon*

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
MambaRider728

Postby buckeyefan58 » May 22nd, 2015, 7:58 pm

Rode this afternoon and the trail is in great shape. Love the new bridges. Someone thought it would be funny to pull some logs and bend some trees over the trail in the crane section. :x I moved the few large logs that were pulled across the path, but there are a few (3 or 4) bent and broken trees over the path. They are small enough for a hand saw. Most were north of the crane, but I think one was just south of it.
buckeyefan58

Postby sleepyguy1001 » July 21st, 2015, 7:39 pm

The south end was fine, but there are still a couple of mud holes near the crane that archaeologists will find the fossilized remains of a mountain biker in at some point in the future. The north end is okay too, the mud holes that there are, are beginning to dry up. There's been a lot of traffic all through the muddy areas though with people riding around the mud. :/
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby sally_2000 » August 27th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Driving from the westside , planning to ride these trails before or after the Bikes Burgers & Brew Ride in Mt Clemens Sun the 30th . Easy to follow (signage) ? Appears to be muti-directional ? What are conditions ? Posts said very overgrown ? are there picker bushes ? any updates would be appreciated Thanks
sally_2000

Postby sally_2000 » August 31st, 2015, 4:18 pm

very well maintained . had fun going both ways. Thanks CRAMBA
sally_2000

Postby Sortaslow » October 21st, 2015, 10:10 pm

jnpcook wrote:
ihateplaindave wrote:How do the authorities feel about night riding on this and the pavement trail to River Bends?

I wondered this before I started as well. I got out of the car at Edison parking area with my flashlight and read all of the signs there and did not see any stating that the park was closed. (I would have went elsewhere or back home if I saw a sign stating it was closed at that time). Also, I know that the Tuesday night group ride at Riverbends park rode through Clinton River Park Trail the week before so I figured it must be open to night riding.

I did see 2 other riders heading the opposite way as I was.

I am new to night riding (only 2 trail rides so far) and don't want to be riding where I am not supposed to be so if anyone knows the answer to the quoted question I am all ears.

Night riding and riding past posted park hours are two different things. Addison has a dusk park rule. So if it's dark, you are not supposed to be there.

I think Dodge park is 8 pm this time of year? As mentioned there is a sign at Dodge park p lot with hours. Certain parts of the trail head through Dodge park.

And yes, as you said that main trailhead at Edison does not have any times posted.

Like I said, ride at your own peril. Even if stopped by an officer, as long as you're not a jerk, you'll get a simple warning. I've been through the trail past posted hours and passed cops in the p lots and they never bothered me.

The cramba ride was technically still during park hours (if it's 8).

Also join us at Stony on Wednesdays for more night riding. 6:30 at Stony Creek high, roll at 6:45.

River Bends ride is 6:30, 6:45 roll every Tuesday all year. Sometimes we do connect to Clinton River Park as you saw last week.
Sortaslow

Postby sleepyguy1001 » November 3rd, 2015, 6:05 pm

Little bit of mud by the crane and near the expressway, but nothing serious. Lots O people wandering around back in there, be careful.
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions