CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Esox » December 19th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Ah if I new it was you I would have known you were kidding. I didnt want anyone messing with that part of the trail. I love that section! I should have gotton some pics of your bike, the lights are very cool. I hope the rain holds off as the trail is in great shape. No bike tracks but mine fom Monday that were covered with a couple inches of snow. Some sections had skiing and foot traffic.
Esox

Postby utabintarbo » January 4th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Rode essentially all of the singletrack today. All was clear except for the ~4" of snow over the 1/2" of ice on most of the trail. IOW, perfect! :D
utabintarbo

Postby tripleskulls » April 1st, 2014, 9:00 am

Rode the paved trail yesterday. It is plowed and clear of snow south of Riverland. North of RIverland had some snow and ice, especially under the VanDyke Bridge. The mountain bike trails were very icy/muddy from what I could see at the entrances. The driest entrance was the "snake" area at the north end of the south section.
tripleskulls

Postby jhmotard » April 2nd, 2014, 7:41 pm

I rode the paved trails today and peeked in on the dirt, it would dry quicker without the thick layer of leaves. Still a lot of wet holes that need to dry up, especially the last straightaway.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
jhmotard

Postby mkow1234 » April 3rd, 2014, 8:30 am

I rode the pavement yesterday, but I also peeked at some of the dirt trail at the southernmost end.
It is pretty muddy and wet still.
At the end of the Loch Ness Monster section and just before the elevated footbridge, there is a large wet area.
There were two ten-foot sections of wood and screen walkway that had been dragged on the side, and they were under a fallen tree.
I dragged one of them out and placed it over some small logs, to help trail runners.
mkow1234

Postby Mack » April 3rd, 2014, 10:26 am

CRPT is not close to being ready to ride, as is the case with most trails in S.E. Michigan.
I'm heading out there next Tuesday to take a look around. If anyone knows of deadfall that
need to be removed, please post up with the locations.

Thanks, Paul
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby tww112477 » April 7th, 2014, 9:31 am

Paul,

There is a log/tree down less than .25 mile into the first loop from the power lines. Also after the long bridge right at the start of the rollers the trail is completely washed out.

Do you have any dates that people will be other there to clean up the trails? I've never worked on a trail crew, but I would like to give back. Let me know and I would try to make it out there.
tww112477

Postby 2slo2endo » April 8th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Rode the paved trail, and the M53 end looks GREAT... If you own a Kayak! Can't wait for the trails to dry out!
2slo2endo

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments