CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby mkow1234 » December 1st, 2014, 12:03 pm

I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).
I noted several very large logs that were placed across the single track entrances -- I'm assuming the park employees did this to discourage biking during the thaw period. The pavement did have some really slick muddy spots.
mkow1234

Postby Mack » December 1st, 2014, 12:46 pm

mkow1234 wrote:I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).
I noted several very large logs that were placed across the single track entrances -- I'm assuming the park employees did this to discourage biking during the thaw period. The pavement did have some really slick muddy spots.

The reason it's called CRPT (Clinton River Park Trails) is because the trail actually goes through four different parks, not just Dodge Park.
The park employees would not put logs across the trail entrances, they are not involved with the trail. I will look into it.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby c0nsumer » December 1st, 2014, 1:12 pm

mkow1234 wrote:I was out at Dodge Park yesterday (By the way, that is the name of the park -- not CRP).

Take a look here to see what is Dodge Park. The trails here span much more than Dodge Park. There's also Farmstead Park, Jaycees Park, Clinton River North Park, and Clinton River South Park. Take a look at this map which does a pretty good job of showing how everything fits together. The official single track is roughly from M-53 to Edison, and you can see what that crosses through.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby sleepyguy1001 » December 3rd, 2014, 8:59 pm

I rode the southern part of it today and didn't see any logs.
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby MCSmith » December 6th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Tree down along the express way. Was sloppy along the expressway, fine in the high and fine until the crane. Hike a Bike till the pavement. Tree down after the banked turns. And another after the gravel road crossing. One more down in the flood area before "little skinny". Last down tree was by the Edison entrance. Removed some small dead fall.

All tress that are down are chainsaw worthy.

Nice night otherwise. And I like the decorations from Santa on the little pine tree by the rocks behind the bench lol :D
2013 Trek Fuel EX 7
2014 Trek Stache 7
MCSmith

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments