CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » July 17th, 2016, 6:53 pm

jreyst wrote:I've ridden it a few times now and it's very well done. Heading north you can hit the side of it pretty fast too.

It's so, so much better than what was there before. I always felt this bridge was kinda sketchy. Today the group I was with all used the boards as a berm and we were pedaling through/out of it. Really nice.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Mack » July 18th, 2016, 7:55 am

c0nsumer wrote:
jreyst wrote:I've ridden it a few times now and it's very well done. Heading north you can hit the side of it pretty fast too.

It's so, so much better than what was there before. I always felt this bridge was kinda sketchy. Today the group I was with all used the boards as a berm and we were pedaling through/out of it. Really nice.

We all have Pete (PK) to thank for that design . Way better then it ever was. I agree Steve, especially coming out of the humps
with any speed.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby Brenton » July 18th, 2016, 7:56 pm

Rode @ 1900 and the trail was perfect nice and tacky. I also love the bridge work as well nicely done.
"A BAD DAY ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE ALWAYS BEATS A GOOD DAY IN THE OFFICE"
Brenton

Postby Mack » July 19th, 2016, 8:49 am

Brenton wrote:Rode @ 1900 and the trail was perfect nice and tacky. I also love the bridge work as well nicely done.

Glad you like it! Pete, Aaron, Mike, and Phil did an awesome job on it. I unfortunately was not able to help out
on this project, due to a work picnic planned over the July 4th weekend :evil: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby minnanation » July 20th, 2016, 12:24 pm

I rode yesterday at 8pm or so. The Pokemon GO people can get annoying........they were only in the park and by the crane so mostly avoided.

Trail is good and fast but the roots seem to be more exposed this summer than I remember from last year.
minnanation

Postby jreyst » July 22nd, 2016, 6:26 pm

Small/medium size tree down near the south end of the trail, but north of the new banked bridge. I tried to move it but way too heavy and long to move (or maybe I'm too weak lol) It would be a quick saw job though.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments