CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby RazBarry_KB » May 9th, 2016, 8:45 am

Rode CRPT yesterday. Trail was in great shape with no puddles, and maybe 2-3 soft spots. Should be great riding until another rain comes. I don't get here often, but was really pleased about the condition of the trail.
Kristen Barry
CRAMBA-IMBA, Treasurer
Join us! http://www.cramba.org/get-involved/join/
Weekly No-drop Group Rides http://www.cramba.org/calendar/
RazBarry_KB

Postby Mack » May 9th, 2016, 12:02 pm

RazBarry_KB wrote:Rode CRPT yesterday. Trail was in great shape with no puddles, and maybe 2-3 soft spots. Should be great riding until another rain comes. I don't get here often, but was really pleased about the condition of the trail.

Thanks for the trail report Miz Barry! By the looks of the weather this week, it's gonna be wet... again :(
I like to link CRPT and RB together, makes for a nice ride.
Last edited by Mack on May 9th, 2016, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby RazBarry_KB » May 9th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Mack wrote:Thanks for the trail report Miz Barry! By the looks of the weather this week, it's gonna be wet... again :(

Yeah, I know :(. Glad I got to ride there before the rain!

Mack wrote:I like to link RB and CRPT together, makes for a nice ride.

That's exactly what I did this weekend! I rode to downtown Utica from home (26 & VanDyke) to meet a few people, rode CRPT, River Bends, then Bloomer and back. Was a nice ride, and all of the trails were in excellent condition. I was sorry that I ran out of time though, as I really wanted to hit Stony as well. Oh well, there's always another day :)
Kristen Barry
CRAMBA-IMBA, Treasurer
Join us! http://www.cramba.org/get-involved/join/
Weekly No-drop Group Rides http://www.cramba.org/calendar/
RazBarry_KB

Postby buckeyefan58 » May 10th, 2016, 8:06 am

Got in a nice ride yesterday. Trail was in great condition. Is the entrance off of Petros Court "closed" now that there are homes built there?
buckeyefan58

Postby Mack » May 10th, 2016, 9:01 am

buckeyefan58 wrote:Got in a nice ride yesterday. Trail was in great condition. Is the entrance off of Petros Court "closed" now that there are homes built there?

That was never an "official" entrance to the trail. It has always been private property, and was posted
as such. The signs would get ripped down as shortly they were put up. I would find another entrance
point at this time. When those houses are sold, the owners won't be to happy with you riding through their yards.
it sucks for me also, as it was an easy access point to do trail maintenance :( .
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby buckeyefan58 » May 10th, 2016, 9:49 am

Yeah, I can count on one hand how many times I have entered there, but I have a little one that is starting to get into riding and thought that would be a good place to enter to practice. The switchbacks are close and a few other obstacles. Thanks for the info.
buckeyefan58

Postby sleepyguy1001 » May 17th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I rode fat bike through there this afternoon, still pretty muddy. There's a tree down along the section by the city garage, or whatever that is back there.
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby Mack » May 18th, 2016, 8:59 am

sleepyguy1001 wrote:I rode fat bike through there this afternoon, still pretty muddy. There's a tree down along the section by the city garage, or whatever that is back there.

Thanks for the report, I believe you are referring to the old DPW building. As soon as it dries out, myself or one of the other
TC's will take care of that deadfall.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby sleepyguy1001 » May 30th, 2016, 7:17 pm

I rode from home through CRPT today, starting at the Clinton River road entrance. As I looked north on the power line just before I went down the entranceway I saw something I hadn't seen living down here yet. A coyote! I rode down towards whatever Consumers has down there, a substation or something, to get a better look at it, and no doubt about it, it was a coyote.

On my way back some dude buzzed by me near the crane on a minibike, it was hard to hear over the engine, but I think he wished me a happy Memorial day :?

Trails were fine btw :)
We have met the enemy, and it is us..... Pogo
sleepyguy1001

Postby Mack » May 31st, 2016, 8:18 am

sleepyguy1001 wrote:I rode from home through CRPT today, starting at the Clinton River road entrance. As I looked north on the power line just before I went down the entranceway I saw something I hadn't seen living down here yet. A coyote! I rode down towards whatever Consumers has down there, a substation or something, to get a better look at it, and no doubt about it, it was a coyote.

On my way back some dude buzzed by me near the crane on a minibike, it was hard to hear over the engine, but I think he wished me a happy Memorial day :?

Trails were fine btw :)

Lots of yotes in the burbs these days. Where there is one, there are others. I have seen them while riding at
night back there. little different when you see multiple pairs of eyes staring back at you. *beep* mini
biker, we get them back there on occasion. Thank you for the report.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby c0nsumer » June 3rd, 2016, 9:01 pm

If any of you know a rider who was involved in a head-on, endo-type collision along the two-way Blue section of River Bends this evening, I would appreciate it if you would get the two of us in touch. I am available here or at steve@nuxx.net.

I believe this rider was wearing red with a blue helmet, helmet camera or light, and had a bright green phone or GPS holder on his bars.

(Cross-posted to here because this rider was also in CRPT a bit earlier in the evening.)
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Mack » June 15th, 2016, 8:21 am

c0nsumer wrote:If any of you know a rider who was involved in a head-on, endo-type collision along the two-way Blue section of River Bends this evening, I would appreciate it if you would get the two of us in touch. I am available here or at steve@nuxx.net.

I believe this rider was wearing red with a blue helmet, helmet camera or light, and had a bright green phone or GPS holder on his bars.

(Cross-posted to here because this rider was also in CRPT a bit earlier in the evening.)

I do not know him, but I did see him. We almost hit (head on) as he was coming on to the trail at the north end. We missed
by inches, I explained to him, that he needs to be more aware of others coming the opposite direction. That this is a two
way multi use trail, and please be respectful of other users. He was riding totally out of control, If I had not made an extreme
swerve we would have hit. Is he alright?
Paul McAllister
Mack

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments