CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » December 5th, 2013, 2:04 pm

2slo2endo wrote:Rode over the weekend trail was in very good shape, thanks again for all you do!

You're welcome! I guess this means there are no trees down...that is great news :D .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Postby ilikenature » December 5th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Mack wrote:
2slo2endo wrote:Rode over the weekend trail was in very good shape, thanks again for all you do!

You're welcome! I guess this means there are no trees down...that is great news :D .

Going to check this trail out this weekend. Is there a trailhead or a preferred spot to hop on the trail?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk
ilikenature

Postby Mack » December 5th, 2013, 7:02 pm

ilikenature wrote:
Mack wrote:

Going to check this trail out this weekend. Is there a trailhead or a preferred spot to hop on the trail?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk

The trail head is here. http://mmba.org/trail-guide/?trail=2&ce ... 39&zoom=12
Enjoy.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby UselessPickles » December 8th, 2013, 9:11 pm

FYI - If you want to point someone to a trail head (or other point of interest on the trail guide), you can select it before clicking the "link" button to get a link like this: http://mmba.org/trail-guide/?trail=2&po ... 63&zoom=15
UselessPickles

Postby Mack » December 9th, 2013, 8:42 am

Ok thanks for the info, I figured it would get him to where he needed to be.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby FLIPMODES » December 11th, 2013, 9:06 pm

As of yesterday, there is a rather large ice patch on the straight away along side M-53 expressway. I think there is a smaller log running along the side of the trail, on the M-53 side, right where the ice is at. Becareful down that section once the snow covers it up. :shock:
2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby jhmotard » December 12th, 2013, 8:53 am

FLIPMODES wrote:As of yesterday, there is a rather large ice patch on the straight away along side M-53 expressway. I think there is a smaller log running along the side of the trail, on the M-53 side, right where the ice is at. Becareful down that section once the snow covers it up. :shock:

I noticed this also and stuck to the left to get through it. I say we put a jump in, a good way to finish out the trail :D
jhmotard

Postby Mack » December 12th, 2013, 9:03 am

jhmotard wrote:
FLIPMODES wrote:As of yesterday, there is a rather large ice patch on the straight away along side M-53 expressway. I think there is a smaller log running along the side of the trail, on the M-53 side, right where the ice is at. Becareful down that section once the snow covers it up. :shock:

I noticed this also and stuck to the left to get through it. I say we put a jump in, a good way to finish out the trail :D

That water I put there is frozen then, good. I thought it would make a nice addition to the trail for
you winter riders glade you like it :wink: enjoy.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Sortaslow » December 12th, 2013, 10:40 am

Mack wrote:
jhmotard wrote:

That water I put there is frozen then, good. I thought it would make a nice addition to the trail for

are there any plans to salt it?
Sortaslow

Postby c0nsumer » December 12th, 2013, 10:59 am

Sortaslow wrote:
Mack wrote:
jhmotard wrote:

Yay salty mud!
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Mack » December 12th, 2013, 11:34 am

Sortaslow wrote:
Mack wrote:
jhmotard wrote:

Why are you always wanting to dumb down the trails :wink: .
No there are no plans to slat it, you were kidding right.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Sortaslow » December 12th, 2013, 11:42 am

Mack wrote:
Sortaslow wrote:
Mack wrote:
jhmotard wrote:

Why are you always wanting to dumb down the trails :wink: .
No there are no plans to slat it, you were kidding right.

If we are riding bikes there, I find the ice to be dangerous. No one else feels this way?
Also, on the pleasant meandering pathway through the woods, there seems to be some rather large lumps that still have not been removed. Not sure how they got there, but could they be flattened or something? Soon? I don't want to fall off of my bike.

;-)
Sortaslow

Postby Roy » December 12th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Studded tires love ice but hate blacktop.
With studs you can ride the ice Sortafast!

Roy
Roy

Postby Esox » December 19th, 2013, 8:32 am

I rode the single track yesterday and conditions were great for a fatbike. If you are reffering to the rollers on the south end of the trail as lumps- please do not remove. That is one of my favorite sections, kind of like a mini coaster!
Esox

Postby Sortaslow » December 19th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Esox wrote:I rode the single track yesterday and conditions were great for a fatbike. If you are reffering to the rollers on the south end of the trail as lumps- please do not remove. That is one of my favorite sections, kind of like a mini coaster!

Yes those rollers! I'm kidding.
I rode with you Tuesday night at river bends. 907 with the xmas lights. I like the trail how it is!
Sortaslow

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments