CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » November 19th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Nice, nice job out there today, everyone. A little over four hours after starting and we have a bridge!
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Mack » November 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm

What a awesome day 22 eager volunteers! This kind of turnout really does show how dedicated
mountain bikers in this area are to having quality trails. Aaron and I would like to personally thank each
and everyone of you! I would like to post up more details, but im heading out for a night ride at CRPT.
I will post up more details tomorrow.

From this.

To this in 4 hours! 75 feet of bridge and a reroute .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby TomE. » November 21st, 2011, 6:42 pm

Gave this trail a quick ride today, met Aaron and Mack who who putting the finishing touches on the bridge. The bridge is fantastic, everyone did a really good job on that. The whole trail is great, a lot of fun., I appreciate the work those guys have done on it. The advanced features really spice it up, although I skipped the skinnies since I was on my Pugsley's ceremonial first ride and wasn't sure how much of the skinny those fat tires would take up.

Looking forward to riding this during the winter. Mack was telling me how to get to River Bends from there, sounds like a good ride when you pair the two trails together.
TomE.

Postby Mack » November 22nd, 2011, 11:27 am

Thanks to CRAMBA funding :icon_thumleft:. We now have signs for the advanced skills area.
The little lady and I went for a walk Sunday morning and put them up. Here are a few pics.

The cautions sign are at each end of the area.

Each feature also has it's own sign.
2 Footer log jump.

Little Skinny.

Big Skinny.

I still have a thing or two up my sleeve for next year :twisted: .
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Mack » November 22nd, 2011, 12:37 pm

It has been a busy couple of days since the trail day Saturday. Aaron and I went out Monday morning
and put the finishing touches on the new bridge. It's fantastic I rode it Saturday night. It is also VERY fast
south to north. Im having signs made asap. They will read, CAUTION two way traffic, YEILD to riders on bridge.
Please do so for everybodys safety.
Thanks to Mark, Clark, Steve, Paul, Rod, John, Bob, Jeremy, Bill, Dale, Steve, Pete, Joe, Jerry, Michelle,
Craig, Brad, Shawn, Bob C., Mark J.and Gabe this was a EXTREMELY sucessful trail day. We built a 75' bridge
and a reroute in 5 hours!. I still can't belive it. If I missed anyone in the thank you list please PM to let me
know. Thats alot of names and faces to keep track of for and old guy like me.

A special thanks to:
Steve Neirinck, Sterling Heights Rotary.
Joe Burns III, Back to the Beach Runners.
Craig Mitchell, American Cycle & Fittness.

Without their support and donations this project would not have been possible :icon_thumleft:.

Thank you eveyone!!

Here are a few pictures of the day.

A well oiled machine.

Test rider Jerry.

Finished bridge from the north.

Finished bridge from the south.
Last edited by Mack on January 4th, 2012, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Roy » November 28th, 2011, 4:08 pm

The trail was very rideable today. Some water after the second bridge and near the DPW yard. I think the river was at 10 ft above normal.
I was able to ride slowly over the 2 foot jump with out lifting the front wheel. However, I almost did an end'o.
I chickened out after the first half the skinny when I saw a big hole full of water. It was to cold to get wet.
The trail was amazingly dry considering all the rain and it is in a flood plane. The bridges really help. I had to ride slow because the mud was greasy.
There had been one other bike on the trail today.

note: the river crested at almost 12 feet today and is forecasted to crest at 15 ft. tomorrow at 3pm down stream at Garfield. If you ride it tomorrow be prepared for water up to your knees.

Roy
Roy

Postby 2slo2endo » November 30th, 2011, 1:37 pm

I bet the new bridge will get a durability test with all kinds of debris washing up against it! I have to figure out how to wash my bike in the winter if I'm gonna do any more trail riding this year... garden hoses are packed up!
2slo2endo

Postby utabintarbo » November 30th, 2011, 1:57 pm

2slo2endo wrote:I bet the new bridge will get a durability test with all kinds of debris washing up against it! I have to figure out how to wash my bike in the winter if I'm gonna do any more trail riding this year... garden hoses are packed up!

Quarter (now dollar) car wash using the low-pressure rinse. Stick it in front of a fan when home. :icon_thumleft:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Mack » November 30th, 2011, 2:05 pm

2slo2endo wrote:I bet the new bridge will get a durability test with all kinds of debris washing up against it! I have to figure out how to wash my bike in the winter if I'm gonna do any more trail riding this year... garden hoses are packed up!

Yes it will. This picture is from this morning, it's of maker #1. CRPT is closed for biking,
but open for Kayaking.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Mack » November 30th, 2011, 2:09 pm

utabintarbo wrote:

Quarter (now dollar) car wash using the low-pressure rinse. Stick it in front of a fan when home. :icon_thumleft:

Buck & a half. This does work very well.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Roy » December 1st, 2011, 8:50 am

Mack,
Wow!
The water had crested downstream (Garfield) at 17.6 feet and was probably at 16 ft when you took the picture.
The water was still contained in the river banks a couple days earlier at 10 ft. I bet the water was close to 6 ft over the banks when you took that photo.
I learned the hard way to not ride when the water is just up to that sign.

Roy
Roy

Postby 2slo2endo » December 2nd, 2011, 2:11 pm

DUH! Sometimes I wonder about me... THX!
2slo2endo

Postby Roy » December 2nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

Even tho the river was almost back in the banks the trail was not rideable without getting wet.
I got as far as the new long bridge. I had to stop because a log blocked the end of the bridge. The next small bridge had floated on it's the far end. So, I removed the log and gave up. The black top trail was ridable, but with a lot of mud and some running water.

Roy
Roy

Postby Roy » December 13th, 2011, 7:33 am

If frozen, the trail is ridable. After the new bridge you will need to walk your bike around the edge of the ice. The 2 short bridges have floated to the sides of the trail. Be careful here because when the water drops the ice will crack.
There is a tree blocking the trail just behind the S.H. DPW building. A hand saw will work. Another tree blocks another small bridge. It is to big for one person to move.

Roy
Roy

Postby blase » December 13th, 2011, 9:43 am

The trail was frozen and firm last night. The big skinny went skinny dipping and is now at a 45 degree angle to the trail. Lots of ice to keep things interesting. The upcoming rain could make for some big ice ponds if the frozen ground does not drain. Good stuff!
You must be fast cause you were hauling ass when I passed you.
blase

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions