CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 6th, 2012, 8:10 am

dirt wrote:
Mack wrote:
FLIPMODES wrote:This evening was the first time I rode CRPT since the trail was being developed. Once I finally figured out which path marker to follow, the flow was smooth and fast. I enjoyed each technical section of the trail and all of the bridges as well. Outstanding work to all who shed their blood and sweat making such a great trail. I would like to contribute on maintenance and possible new builds in the future. Who do I need to contact for this?

The trail conditions this evening were in great shape with only one sticky area that was closer to I-53. Other than that fast and perfect. :D

Thanks, im glad you enjoyed the trail, what did you think of the new feature? I have not had a chance to ride
it myself yet, maybe tomorrow. Aaron Burgess and I are the Trail Coordinators for CRPT. You can contact me
via PM or email or just post up here. I do the tech builds jumps, skinnys, log piles etc... when the ideas come
to me and time permits. I can always use a hand. I did take liberites with you post and changed the Dodge Park
to CRPT (Clinton River Park Trail) . I post up here when we are going to have a trail day, which there will be 2 of closer to fall.

I've heard people mention that before, but the Sterling Heights website map of Dodge Park shows the park on both sides of the river.

http://www.ci.sterling-heights.mi.us/bins/site/content/City%20Maps%20%28pdf%29/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf?_resolutionfile=ftppath|City%20Maps%20(pdf)/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf[/quote

There I changed it happy now :wink: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby Mack » June 6th, 2012, 8:19 am

Mack wrote:
dirt wrote:
Mack wrote:
FLIPMODES wrote:This evening was the first time I rode CRPT since the trail was being developed. Once I finally figured out which path marker to follow, the flow was smooth and fast. I enjoyed each technical section of the trail and all of the bridges as well. Outstanding work to all who shed their blood and sweat making such a great trail. I would like to contribute on maintenance and possible new builds in the future. Who do I need to contact for this?

The trail conditions this evening were in great shape with only one sticky area that was closer to I-53. Other than that fast and perfect. :D

Thanks, im glad you enjoyed the trail, what did you think of the new feature? I have not had a chance to ride
it myself yet, maybe tomorrow. Aaron Burgess and I are the Trail Coordinators for CRPT. You can contact me
via PM or email or just post up here. I do the tech builds jumps, skinnys, log piles etc... when the ideas come
to me and time permits. I can always use a hand. I did take liberites with your post and changed the Dodge Park
to CRPT (Clinton River Park Trail) . I post up here when we are going to have a trail day, which there will be 2 of closer to fall.

I've heard people mention that before, but the Sterling Heights website map of Dodge Park shows the park on both sides of the river.

http://www.ci.sterling-heights.mi.us/bins/site/content/City%20Maps%20%28pdf%29/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf?_resolutionfile=ftppath|City%20Maps%20(pdf)/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf[/quote

The name of the trail is Clinton River Park Trail (CRPT).
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby dirt » June 6th, 2012, 8:23 am

Mack wrote:
Mack wrote:
dirt wrote:
Mack wrote:

to me and time permits. I can always use a hand. I did take liberites with your post and changed the Dodge Park

The name of the trail is Clinton River Park Trail (CRPT).

Oh, yeah.. The joys of naming a trail that goes through 4 different parks.

I just have heard a lot of people say that Dodge Park is ONLY south of the river, and it's a different park when you cross over the bridge.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby 2slo2endo » June 8th, 2012, 1:37 pm

No nobody wanted to say Clinton River-Dodge-Jaycee-Farmstead all the time?? Boy I had to dig for that 4th park name, it still doesn't sound right...
2slo2endo

Postby Mack » June 8th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Because I don't ride, according to Di And Whitey :wink: . I was able to get out and do some
tweeking to the new switchbacks section. After riding the section repeatedly, yes I do ride. I found
two spots that needed to be reworked. So thats what I did. Raked the entire section, filled a couple low areas,
opened a new line, closed the old line, alter another and sculpted the berm.The switchbacks section rides as planned
when I flagged the section, it's supposed to have a different feel then the rest of CRPT. It makes you work for
your speed and requires technique to link the switchbacks together to keep your momentum going. It can be ridden at speed, luke000 is proof of this. He came through just after I was finished, and flat out
hammered the section twice for me. Thanks Luke, and a shout out to the guys at American Cycle & Fitness in the
GP. With that said I would still like to build a berm or 2. The problem is, under the first layer of dirt it's sand and
that does not make for a long lasting berm. So before berms are built, I have to give this some thought as to what
to build them out of. Any ideas on the subject would be great. Here are a few pics of what I did. Sorry for the
quality it was morning and not much of the sunshine was making it through the tree canopy.

Newly sculpted berm.

Altered line.

Old line on the left, new line on the right. This new line gives the left switchback
just over the crest better flow.

Looking down the new line with the old line on the right closed and reclaimed.

Oh ya, I may have mentioned this somewhere else.... d@mn I love this friggin McLaski :D !
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby FLIPMODES » June 8th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Paul, Is CRPT directional? Was there ever a thought about making it a continuous loop? I plan on heading out in 30 mins to check out your latest improvements.
River Bends Park - Co-Trail Coordinator
River Bends trail conditions
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby Mack » June 9th, 2012, 9:40 am

FLIPMODES wrote:Paul, Is CRPT directional? Was there ever a thought about making it a continuous loop? I plan on heading out in 30 mins to check out your latest improvements.

Bidirectional. The thought is there and it's in our long term plan...but there will probably always be
sections where the traffic is two way. The park just isn't very wide and not enough land out
of the flood zone. Some of the trail on the ridges comes within feet of property lines and out
of the ridges it's the flood zone.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby FLIPMODES » June 12th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Does CRPT take longer to dry out than other trails like Stony due to the flood plain?
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby utabintarbo » June 12th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Generally, yes. Given how dry it has been, however, it should clear up pretty quick.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Mack » June 12th, 2012, 7:31 pm

FLIPMODES wrote:Does CRPT take longer to dry out than other trails like Stony due to the flood plain?

For the most part it drys out pretty quick.....except when it floods, then the "flood plain" will be wet. I just
got back from a ride, couple slick spots is all. With this wind we are having it will be dry by tomorrow.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby FLIPMODES » June 15th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I love this trail. Every time I ride CRPT it puts the biggest smile on my face. I decided a time trial was necessary and my fastest time was from M-53 to Edison @ 16:24.
Trail was in great shape tonight.
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby Mack » June 17th, 2012, 4:34 pm

FLIPMODES wrote:I love this trail. Every time I ride CRPT it puts the biggest smile on my face. I decided a time trial was necessary and my fastest time was from M-53 to Edison @ 16:24.

Glad it puts a :D on your face, mine too :D .
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby Mack » June 18th, 2012, 10:08 pm

FLIPMODES wrote:I love this trail. Every time I ride CRPT it puts the biggest smile on my face. I decided a time trial was necessary and my fastest time was from M-53 to Edison @ 16:24.

Now you need TT it from Trail head (Edison) to M-53 and check your time.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby FLIPMODES » June 19th, 2012, 5:49 am

Mack wrote:

Now you need TT it from Trail head (Edison) to M-53 and check your time.

My first attempt was from Edison to M53 @ 17:11. I either pushed harder going the other way or maybe the trail flows better heading towards the trail head. :?:
I will try it again when I can find the time to head out there after work. There is practically no trail traffic @ 8pm-9pm.
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby Roy » June 19th, 2012, 7:06 am

Ok, what was your average speed ! ?
I know I am slow, I just want to feel bad.

Roy
Roy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions