CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby 2slo2endo » May 22nd, 2012, 9:39 am

The trail is really in good shape right now! All of you work is greatly appreciated. It's finally starting to look like the woods with all of the green.
User avatar
2slo2endo
 
Posts: 229
Joined: June 27th, 2011, 11:24 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » May 26th, 2012, 12:33 pm

I got up early this morning and finished the project I have been working on this week. The new
and improved "Big Skinny". I can't wait to give it a ride, but that will have to wait till tomorrow
im beat after another 4 hours today. 16 hours total, that includes prepping feature site, moving
skinnys from old site and contruction.

This is what it looked like before I prepped the site.
Image

You've heard of two men and a truck. This is one guy and a wheelbarrow moving
the 15ft skinnys 100 yards up the trail out of the flood plain to the new site.
Image

Getting close. The end is in sight.
Image

All done. With multiple lines.
Image
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » May 30th, 2012, 11:14 am

All, there is a tree down just before the bridge with the 90 degree turn after it heading south from
the Jay Cee Park coming down the hill you can see it, but becareful as that is a fast section. Aaron is
going to try and get out this evening to cut it out.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » May 31st, 2012, 7:56 am

Aaron got out last night and took care of the deadfall before the bridge on the downhill. Trail at this
time is free of deadfall. Enjoy.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby colin » June 4th, 2012, 12:22 am

Rode the whole thing today. Everything is in great shape and the new stuff is super cool. However am I the only one that dreads the four switchbacks in the re-route near the end of the first section? I thought they would start to flow a little better by now but are still choppy and no fun. I do love the rest of the trail thou just that 200' gets me every time.
colin
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 4th, 2012, 7:43 am

colin wrote:Rode the whole thing today. Everything is in great shape and the new stuff is super cool. However am I the only one that dreads the four switchbacks in the re-route near the end of the first section? I thought they would start to flow a little better by now but are still choppy and no fun. I do love the rest of the trail thou just that 200' gets me every time.


Actually I enjoy that section...... but it does need some tweeking in the corners to smooth them out so they
flow better. Also It can take awhile for new trail tread to get compacted.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » June 4th, 2012, 7:46 am

Mack wrote:
colin wrote:Rode the whole thing today. Everything is in great shape and the new stuff is super cool. However am I the only one that dreads the four switchbacks in the re-route near the end of the first section? I thought they would start to flow a little better by now but are still choppy and no fun. I do love the rest of the trail thou just that 200' gets me every time.


Actually I enjoy that section...... but it does need some tweeking in the corners to smooth them out so they
flow better. Also It can take awhile for new trail tread to get compacted.


I think it needs a berm or two on the corners so one can carry a bit more speed through there.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11545
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Roy » June 4th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Speed thru these turns can be earned by skill.
In time, berms will form as the faster riders push dirt to the outside.

Roy
User avatar
Roy
 
Posts: 1811
Joined: August 14th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 5th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Roy wrote:Speed thru these turns can be earned by skill.
In time, berms will form as the faster riders push dirt to the outside.

Roy


Ohhhh man Roy just dissed c0sumer :lol: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 5th, 2012, 1:09 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
Mack wrote:
colin wrote:Rode the whole thing today. Everything is in great shape and the new stuff is super cool. However am I the only one that dreads the four switchbacks in the re-route near the end of the first section? I thought they would start to flow a little better by now but are still choppy and no fun. I do love the rest of the trail thou just that 200' gets me every time.


Actually I enjoy that section...... but it does need some tweeking in the corners to smooth them out so they
flow better. Also It can take awhile for new trail tread to get compacted.


I think it needs a berm or two on the corners so one can carry a bit more speed through there.


Good I can count on you to help shovel all that dirt. You are a heck of a guy Steve. Let me know when
you want to do it I will meet you there :wink:. That is one of the tweeks I was planning.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » June 5th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Mack wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:
Mack wrote:
colin wrote:Rode the whole thing today. Everything is in great shape and the new stuff is super cool. However am I the only one that dreads the four switchbacks in the re-route near the end of the first section? I thought they would start to flow a little better by now but are still choppy and no fun. I do love the rest of the trail thou just that 200' gets me every time.


Actually I enjoy that section...... but it does need some tweeking in the corners to smooth them out so they
flow better. Also It can take awhile for new trail tread to get compacted.


I think it needs a berm or two on the corners so one can carry a bit more speed through there.


Good I can count on you to help shovel all that dirt. You are a heck of a guy Steve. Let me know when
you want to do it I will meet you there :wink:. That is one of the tweeks I was planning.


Once July hits I'll probably have plenty of time.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11545
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 5th, 2012, 8:08 pm

I got up early the last two days and was able to finish phase 2 of "Big Skinny". Phase 2 is "Roundabout" it's
half of a figure 8. It will allow you to carry your speed over one of skinnys and then over a log pile and
a pop~up jump then over the other skinny.

Overall view from atop Big Skinny.
Image

Log pile coming from North.
Image

Pop~up jump coming from the South.
Image

I also met Greg. He was the first rider through after I had finished and therefore also my test subject.
He gave it :icon_thumleft: and :D . Enjoy.
Image
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby FLIPMODES » June 5th, 2012, 8:46 pm

This evening was the first time I rode Dodge park since the trail was being developed. Once I finally figured out which path marker to follow, the flow was smooth and fast. I enjoyed each technical section of the trail and all of the bridges as well. Outstanding work to all who shed their blood and sweat making such a great trail. I would like to contribute on maintenance and possible new builds in the future. Who do I need to contact for this?

The trail conditions this evening were in great shape with only one sticky area that was closer to I-53. Other than that fast and perfect. :D
River Bends Park - Co-Trail Coordinator
River Bends trail conditions
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
User avatar
FLIPMODES
 
Posts: 255
Joined: May 10th, 2012, 12:26 pm
Location: Shelby Twp.

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 5th, 2012, 10:00 pm

FLIPMODES wrote:This evening was the first time I rode CRPT since the trail was being developed. Once I finally figured out which path marker to follow, the flow was smooth and fast. I enjoyed each technical section of the trail and all of the bridges as well. Outstanding work to all who shed their blood and sweat making such a great trail. I would like to contribute on maintenance and possible new builds in the future. Who do I need to contact for this?

The trail conditions this evening were in great shape with only one sticky area that was closer to I-53. Other than that fast and perfect. :D


Thanks, im glad you enjoyed the trail, what did you think of the new feature? I have not had a chance to ride
it myself yet, maybe tomorrow. Aaron Burgess and I are the Trail Coordinators for CRPT. You can contact me
via PM or email or just post up here. I do the tech builds jumps, skinnys, log piles etc... when the ideas come
to me and time permits. I can always use a hand. I did take liberites with you post and changed the Dodge Park
to CRPT (Clinton River Park Trail) since the trail does not actually go through it. Dodge Park is on the other side of the river. I post up here when we are going to have a trail day, which there will be 2 of closer to fall.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby dirt » June 6th, 2012, 6:55 am

Mack wrote:
FLIPMODES wrote:This evening was the first time I rode CRPT since the trail was being developed. Once I finally figured out which path marker to follow, the flow was smooth and fast. I enjoyed each technical section of the trail and all of the bridges as well. Outstanding work to all who shed their blood and sweat making such a great trail. I would like to contribute on maintenance and possible new builds in the future. Who do I need to contact for this?

The trail conditions this evening were in great shape with only one sticky area that was closer to I-53. Other than that fast and perfect. :D


Thanks, im glad you enjoyed the trail, what did you think of the new feature? I have not had a chance to ride
it myself yet, maybe tomorrow. Aaron Burgess and I are the Trail Coordinators for CRPT. You can contact me
via PM or email or just post up here. I do the tech builds jumps, skinnys, log piles etc... when the ideas come
to me and time permits. I can always use a hand. I did take liberites with you post and changed the Dodge Park
to CRPT (Clinton River Park Trail) since the trail does not actually go through it. Dodge Park is on the other side of the river. I post up here when we are going to have a trail day, which there will be 2 of closer to fall.


I've heard people mention that before, but the Sterling Heights website map of Dodge Park shows the park on both sides of the river.

http://www.ci.sterling-heights.mi.us/bins/site/content/City%20Maps%20%28pdf%29/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf?_resolutionfile=ftppath|City%20Maps%20(pdf)/Park%20Maps/Dodge_Park.pdf
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
User avatar
dirt
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: May 20th, 2003, 11:44 am
Location: Mount Clemens

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Shaft and 9 guests