CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby buckeyefan58 » June 27th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Trail is in decent shape. The usual wet spots are there, but still rideable. 3 deadfall and the log pile near the skinnies are still there. There's a sign at the trailhead that they sprayed for mosquitos yesterday. Hopefully that helps.
buckeyefan58
 
Posts: 35
Joined: August 27th, 2010, 10:41 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 29th, 2014, 3:52 pm

I was able to get out early Saturday morning, before the mozzies got to bad. Cleared
all the deadfall the I was aware of, Big Skinny is now open also. Deadfall that are on
the "other" trails will not be cleared. Aaron and I are only permitted
to remove deadfall from the "official" trail.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 29th, 2014, 4:01 pm

madmike23 wrote:I rode yesterday mid morning. The trail had some muddy spots, but overall it was in good shape. There were several trees down.

I got this one and one other off the trail.
Image

The next three, I could not get by myself.

Image

Image

Image


Mike in the last pic, where is tht deadfall located at? Is up on the ridge in the Jay Cee park area? I can't quite tell.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 30th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Mack wrote:
madmike23 wrote:I rode yesterday mid morning. The trail had some muddy spots, but overall it was in good shape. There were several trees down.

I got this one and one other off the trail.
Image

The next three, I could not get by myself.

Image

Image

Image


Mike in the last pic, where is tht deadfall located at? Is up on the ridge in the Jay Cee park area? I can't quite tell.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 30th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Mack wrote:
Mack wrote:
madmike23 wrote:I rode yesterday mid morning. The trail had some muddy spots, but overall it was in good shape. There were several trees down.

I got this one and one other off the trail.
Image

The next three, I could not get by myself.

Image

Image

Image


Mike in the last pic, where is tht deadfall located at? Is up on the ridge in the Jay Cee park area? I can't quite tell.


The answer to my question is yes, it was on the ridge in the area of Jay Cee Park , It has bee cleared. As far as I know
CRPT at this time is free of deadfalls
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » June 30th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Mack wrote:The answer to my question is yes, it was on the ridge in the area of Jay Cee Park , It has bee cleared. As far as I know
CRPT at this time is free of deadfalls


Even the stuff in the skills area?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
Administrator
 
Posts: 8892
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Roy » June 30th, 2014, 8:34 pm

The dead fall just east of the baseball park was there this morning.
I passed by it sometime around ten.

The mud spots can be very greasy, be ready to slide!


Roy
User avatar
Roy
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: August 14th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby c0nsumer » June 30th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Rode through this evening. All seemed clear, including the skills area.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
Administrator
 
Posts: 8892
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby jhmotard » July 3rd, 2014, 11:28 am

Rode last night and came across a tree across the trail in between the skills area and the curved bridge
jhmotard
 
Posts: 78
Joined: September 24th, 2013, 2:46 pm
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » July 3rd, 2014, 4:18 pm

jhmotard wrote:Rode last night and came across a tree across the trail in between the skills area and the curved bridge


Thanks for the report, I will let Aaron know about it. I will not be in town over the 4th to remove it
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby InTeRnEt_RyAn » July 5th, 2014, 8:45 pm

jhmotard wrote:Rode last night and came across a tree across the trail in between the skills area and the curved bridge

That's a BIG tree. A group of us saw it.

Chainsaw recommended.
201? Trek/Gary Fisher Paragon
"Who is John Galt?".......... "A is A"
User avatar
InTeRnEt_RyAn
 
Posts: 52
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 2:39 pm
Location: Richmond (Near Columbus),MI

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Sortaslow » July 5th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Same experience. Had to bail on the nessy section. Too wet. But wow was the two track full of mud and standing water. Edit. Sorry this was for river bends.
Last edited by Sortaslow on July 10th, 2014, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby tripleskulls » July 10th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Any updates on trail conditions?
tripleskulls
 
Posts: 24
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby volleybrad » July 12th, 2014, 4:02 pm

There's a few muddy spots in the beginning by the trailhead and quite a bit on the last straight at the end by the M-53 overpass.
There's also a downed tree about 12" diameter about 100 yds before the last paved path crossing (if starting from the Edison trailhead)
volleybrad
 
Posts: 28
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mattchewie » July 20th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Hit his trail for the first time today. Figured I would give an update on conditions.

North trailhead has some standing water / intense mud. Not a show stopper but no means to bypass to not rut the trail :(. Once you past that initial bit, things get much better. Some soft/slightly muddy spots but they can be missed by riding on the outside.


And of course ...don't stop to smell the flowers. Blood suckers come quick and with fury!
Mattchewie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: September 5th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 4 guests