CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby i69whitey » April 13th, 2012, 8:58 am

UofM Fan wrote:...I was unaware that there was a mountain bike trail so close to my house.

well, there goes the neighborhood.
we need another UofM fan like we need a flat tire
:mrgreen:

no really, welcome
ride fast, take chances
and look out for that green and white single speed out there :wink:
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
User avatar
i69whitey
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 12:25 pm
Location: vil'laggio la 'rosa

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 13th, 2012, 9:13 am

UofM Fan wrote:I took a quick spin out on the trail today (for the very first time), I was pleasently supprised with the trail as well as the conditions. I found this trail through this site as I was unaware that there was a mountain bike trail so close to my house. All in all I really enjoyed the ride and the conditions of the trail were slightly damp but not enough to cause problems riding.


Welcome the the ayslum. Glad you enjoyed the trail. A little gem hidden within all this concrete.
Oh Ya, GO Blue!! *beep* sparty little green troll.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby utabintarbo » April 13th, 2012, 10:29 am

i69whitey wrote:
UofM Fan wrote:...I was unaware that there was a mountain bike trail so close to my house.

well, there goes the neighborhood.
we need another UofM fan like we need a flat tire
:mrgreen:

no really, welcome
ride fast, take chances
and look out for that green and white single speed out there :wink:


At least we make you guys commute in. :lol:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
User avatar
utabintarbo
 
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 21st, 2007, 12:29 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby colin » April 16th, 2012, 10:26 pm

I rode this for the first time in a long just the other week. I have to thank all those that put time and effort into really making this a nice place to ride. I had ridden trails there about 6 maybe 7 years ago and it was all just a bunch of stuff patched together by people randomly riding. Not the right thing to do, but I wasn't the smartest then. I am super stoked to see where it has gotten, and hope to attend the next trail day(i saw the last one to late) and hope to become more involved in the mtb community here.
colin
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 17th, 2012, 7:49 am

colin wrote:I rode this for the first time in a long just the other week. I have to thank all those that put time and effort into really making this a nice place to ride. I had ridden trails there about 6 maybe 7 years ago and it was all just a bunch of stuff patched together by people randomly riding. Not the right thing to do, but I wasn't the smartest then. I am super stoked to see where it has gotten, and hope to attend the next trail day(i saw the last one to late) and hope to become more involved in the mtb community here.


Thanks colin, glad you enjoyed the trail. Look froward to meeting on the trail or at a trail day.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 17th, 2012, 8:03 am

In that sight breeze we had yesterday I managed to get out last night and signed the new reroute and
also the CAUTION signs for the long bridge.
Image
Image
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 17th, 2012, 4:39 pm

The rock garden on the new reroute has firmed up great. I have rode it dozen or so times.There is
only one problem it is to *beep* easy! Tuesday night was the last straw. While I was out hanging the
new signs for the reroute some racerboys and their hottie of a coach, she can coach me anytime. Rode
the garden as I was standing next to the it . Only the lead rider hit the garden the other two shot the gap
down middle where there are no rocks :twisted: :shock: . Time for change and since I couldn't sleep last
night no time like the present. I was out standing on the pile at 7am this morning. 4 hours later this
is what we have now.

Old rock garden heading North.
Image

New rock garden heading North.
Image

Old rock garden heading South.
Image

New rock garden heading South.
Image

Side view.
Image

The pictures don't do it justice. Pretty much every rock has been moved or adjusted and many
more added. PLEASE use caution the first time riding it. If it were me I would stop and
take a look the first time through. There are lots of line options some much harder then others.
The endurocross style one with the logs and slabs being the hardest IMO. It has multiple step ups/downs
and two different size logs and the slabs are off camber. The small rocks/concrete chunks where
the dirt gap was are free floating. Enjoy.

ps. No offense was meant by the racerboy commet. You guys actually jump started this one. Thanks!!
Last edited by Mack on April 18th, 2012, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby jer091 » April 17th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Mack wrote:PLEASE use caution the first time riding it. If it were me I would stop and
take a look the first time through. There are lots of line options some much harder then others.
The endurocross style one with the logs and slabs being the hardest IMO. It has multiple step ups/downs
and two different size logs and the slabs are off camber.


You could have told me sooner!

Just kidding, just got back and the trail is great! Rode it in both directions and had no problems.

1 tree down across one of the 8 foot long bridges on the northern section of Farmstead park. Its hoppable, but you better have a good pre-load to clear it.
User avatar
jer091
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Location: Shelby Township

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 17th, 2012, 5:56 pm

jer091 wrote:
Mack wrote:PLEASE use caution the first time riding it. If it were me I would stop and
take a look the first time through. There are lots of line options some much harder then others.
The endurocross style one with the logs and slabs being the hardest IMO. It has multiple step ups/downs
and two different size logs and the slabs are off camber.


You could have told me sooner!

Just kidding, just got back and the trail is great! Rode it in both directions and had no problems.

1 tree down across one of the 8 foot long bridges on the northern section of Farmstead park. Its hoppable, but you better have a good pre-load to clear it.


How big is it? Chainsaw or handsaw? I take it you can ride over it. Did you do the garden or *beep* out.
Thanks for the report brother.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby jer091 » April 17th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Mack wrote:How big is it? Chainsaw or handsaw? I take it you can ride over it. Did you do the garden or *beep* out.
Thanks for the report brother.


10-12" quick work with a hand saw.

Garden was fun, better heading south, but not un-fun heading north.... :icon_cheers:
User avatar
jer091
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Location: Shelby Township

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm

jer091 wrote:
Mack wrote:How big is it? Chainsaw or handsaw? I take it you can ride over it. Did you do the garden or *beep* out.
Thanks for the report brother.


10-12" quick work with a hand saw.

Garden was fun, better heading south, but not un-fun heading north.... :icon_cheers:


Oh ya, definitely more technical heading north you don't have the speed to carry you through
the garden, you have to pick your way thruogh and work for it, which is what I was looking for.
I know you are an adrenaline junkie, but tachnical skills are great to have in your pocket. Try the slab/log line
it will test your tech skills. I tried probably 7-8 different lines everyone is saweeet in it's own way :twisted: :D .

ps. 10-12" at RB with handsaw = Chainsaw at CRPT that's what they make power tools for. :wink: :lol:
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 20th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I cleared the one deadfall on the north end that was over a bridge. The trail at
this time is clear. The newly remodeled rock graden is getting rode in with many
different lines being used.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby MalibuLX3 » April 22nd, 2012, 6:55 pm

The trail is nice and dry out there today, however there was 1 confided area that was all mud.
User avatar
MalibuLX3
 
Posts: 78
Joined: February 27th, 2011, 1:49 am
Location: Rochester Hills

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » April 23rd, 2012, 7:50 am

MalibuLX3 wrote:The trail is nice and dry out there today, however there was 1 confided area that was all mud.


Ya, it's strange how that area of trail is now a problem area, considering it's on top of the ridge and not in
the flood plain and in past years has never been a problem. I partially flagged a reroute hopefully I will get
out this week sometime and finish it.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby jer091 » April 24th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Chainsaw size tree at the bottom of the hill just north of big skinny

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
jer091
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 13th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Location: Shelby Township

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests