Midstate: Jailhouse Trail (Ithaca)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Midstate: Jailhouse Trail (Ithaca)

Postby volklgirl » May 10th, 2011, 8:53 am

Shame on you! :D

Hint: if you like log piles and stunts, they're almost all to the left of the main trail, except the creek jump in the first mile and the very small log pile in the swamp in the last 1/2.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby AllMountin' » May 10th, 2011, 11:45 am

Shame on me? At least I actually *ride* my bikes, unlike *somebody* with four show bikes w/zero miles on them... :-)

Thx for the heads up on the stunts. Will def be checking those out.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby volklgirl » May 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Heh. I finally saw the light and realized I don't need (or really want) anything beyond the 29er, except when we head to Boyne Highlands. :wink:
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby thedarkjunco » July 4th, 2011, 10:54 pm

We had a great ride this morning. I was surprised by the great conditions. A big thank you to who ever is taking care of the trail. I live in Saginaw and this was our first trip out this season. I hope to be back soon.
thedarkjunco

Postby volklgirl » July 5th, 2011, 9:06 pm

I hit it up on the singlespeed at dusk on Saturday. With the exception of a few greasy spots, the trail was in prime condition. I'm guessing they're grooming for the 6/12 hr race, because I've never seen it so well trimmed and all the orange marker posts have been newly painted and the bridges recently repaired.

The new section is unrideable right now.....I tried it, did some hike-a-bike through a couple of mud pits, and got lost in the dark. Doh!
2012 Miles
volklgirl

Postby AllMountin' » September 5th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Trail is prime. High and dry, with a couple VERY minor wet spots. Rides fast, with no deadfall. Some loose corners, but overall a very fun ride.

First time riding a teeter. Also the second, third, etc... At lunch right now, and headed back for more. Thanks to whoever maintains this thing.
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Postby SteveF » October 7th, 2011, 10:37 am

Anyone ridden here recently? Thinking about checking it out this weekend...
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Beer=Energy » October 11th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Made it out there this week October 10th. Trail was in good condition, a few corners with leaves and sand made it a little slick. But overall fast. Get out there and take it before the snow does!
Beer=Energy

Postby SteveF » January 21st, 2012, 8:48 am

How rideable is this trail now? Looking for some snow bike rolling!
SteveF

Postby AllMountin' » January 21st, 2012, 3:13 pm

Nobody has been riding out here recently. Powder on top of crust, on top of frozen animal tracks and ruts makes for brutally difficult riding conditions.

We did a lap with one fat bike and one standard mtb bike. Then I added another lap on the mtb bike. There is a track worn in now that might hold up for a couple of days.

Kind of fun in a sadistic challenge sort of way. Nearly a 12 minute per mile average and a full body workout.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/h8qIY4WkZvg
--=Steve=--

AllMountin'

Postby SteveF » January 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm

AllMountin' wrote:Nobody has been riding out here recently. Powder on top of crust, on top of frozen animal tracks and ruts makes for brutally difficult riding conditions.

We did a lap with one fat bike and one standard mtb bike. Then I added another lap on the mtb bike. There is a track worn in now that might hold up for a couple of days.

Kind of fun in a sadistic challenge sort of way. Nearly a 12 minute per mile average and a full body workout.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/h8qIY4WkZvg

We wondered if you were gonna go for another lap! Good riding with you today, man--I think that's the hardest I've ever worked to ride a 6mph average...
SteveF

Postby thedarkjunco » April 10th, 2012, 9:22 am

How are trail conditions this spring? I know April is early for this trail but we haven't had much rain and the frost has been out of the ground for a while. Being cheap I don't want to drive from Saginaw if it's too wet to ride. Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
thedarkjunco

Postby Zoo1424 » July 26th, 2012, 1:18 pm

I rode the Jailhouse Trail last nite. The trails are in great shape, probably because of the race last weekend. Very fast, no mud at all.
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
Zoo1424

Postby jfactor! » October 22nd, 2012, 8:21 am

volklgirl wrote:Hint: if you like log piles and stunts, they're almost all to the left of the main trail, except the creek jump in the first mile and the very small log pile in the swamp in the last 1/2.

Is this stuff still there? I've never ridden this trail and debated heading over there yesterday since I was in Mt Pleasant already.
jfactor!

Postby volklgirl » October 24th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Everything was still there earlier this summer although the huge log pile at the bottom of the downhill looks like no one has ridden it in a couple of years - lots of rotting and missing logs. I know I haven't tried it again since I fell off it head first a few years ago. Ow.
2012 Miles
volklgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments