Northern: Other trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby detroitjohnny » March 22nd, 2010, 10:41 am

Vasa single track is dry and clear. Rode it yesterday and it was in good condtion. There are some small branches and leaves on the trail from the winter, as can be expected, but only one lagre tree to ride around. I think it was around marker 16 or so. Easy to get around, everything else was clear.

No mud, and no snow.

johnny
go ride.
detroitjohnny

Postby MTB23 » March 23rd, 2010, 10:30 pm

Anyone have any Boyne Mt. reports?
www.BorealisBikes.com

"If ya aint first, your last"-Ricky Bobby
MTB23

Postby detroitjohnny » March 24th, 2010, 9:41 am

Rode Hanson Hills last night and it is in great shape. Dry and fast. Lots of leaves, just like everywhere else, but no biggie.

8)

johnny
go ride.
detroitjohnny

Cadillac Pathways Re-Route Updates!

Postby volklgirl » March 26th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Re-Route #1 - between markers 7 and 1, where the trail pops out onto the awful sandy section of road at the river ("The Beach"). The new trail makes a slightly sharper left across the road and goes down the center of the wooded tear-drop, cutting back across the road to join the 2-track section headed back to #1.

The first re-route is now fully flagged and the main corridor has been cut. If anyone wants to help out this weekend (3/27-3/28), I'll be out there much of both days with the weed-wacker, rake, and snips, clearing tread.....I hope to have it open by Monday.

If you're riding out there after Monday, please use the re-route as it will need to be ridden in, and it'll be ROUGH to start.

The next re-route will be around the huge, deep sand pit just before the left Y onto the single track where the huge tree is down. If you want to help, please let me know as I'll need a signed waiver from you form the DNR.

Ride On!
Kris
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby jalopy jockey » March 30th, 2010, 9:42 pm

MTB23 wrote:Anyone have any Boyne Mt. reports?

That's what I wanna know. XC skiing ended on 3/13. I'm heading up this weekend and want to hit Boyne or Aspen if either are open. If not I'll bring the other bike
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby skierduderules » March 31st, 2010, 9:23 am

I rode and skied at Boyne Mountain last Saturday - trails are in very good condition - a couple trees down in the Outback section - but nothing to catch you off guard. I didn't go all the way to the top but I would guess most of it is very good except where you cross a couple ski runs near the top.
skierduderules

Postby skierduderules » May 27th, 2010, 9:26 am

Anyone know what the chairlift hours will be this weekend at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain? Memorial Day Monday hours?
skierduderules

Postby Konarider23 » May 28th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Just rode the South Marquette Trails, Marquette Mountain loop and Carp River loop. Trails were pretty dry, some gravel and sand but otherwise ok
Mountain: 2010 Cannondale RZ One Forty 4

Road: 2010 GF Rail
Konarider23

Postby georgemra » June 6th, 2010, 9:17 am

Rode Betsie River and Crystal Mountain yesterday. Betsie River had several trees down between markers 2&3, 3&5, and several down between 5&parking lot. I also want to make the comment to any admin who can make this change, or possibly the TC that there is nothing on this trail that is deserving of and "advanced" rating. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but this trail was more laid back than ILRA (I'm from Ann Arbor).

Crystal mountain was in good shape with one tree down on crushed pineapple where it drops down to the service road. I told someone at the resort about it but I don't know if that will get it cleaned up. All of the downed trees that I have mentioned are going to need a chainsaw to clean them up.
georgemra

Postby Sortaslow » June 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Rode Betsie River and Crystal Mountain yesterday. Betsie River had several trees down between markers 2&3, 3&5, and several down between 5&parking lot. I also want to make the comment to any admin who can make this change, or possibly the TC that there is nothing on this trail that is deserving of and "advanced" rating. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but this trail was more laid back than ILRA (I'm from Ann Arbor).

Crystal mountain was in good shape with one tree down on crushed pineapple where it drops down to the service road. I told someone at the resort about it but I don't know if that will get it cleaned up. All of the downed trees that I have mentioned are going to need a chainsaw to clean them up.

I think the advanced rating happened because I asked dnr for a map last year and it had that rating on it when I sent said map to the MMBA admin to have this trail added to the listing. It certainly does not need an advance rating. Maybe it was labeled so since it is a x country ski trail also. I think same thing happened when I had Lake Ann added.
Sortaslow

Postby MO Speed » June 29th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hitting Copper Harbor Trail System next week. Can't frickin' wait! I know it's a long shot but anybody ride them lately?
Happy 10th Birthday to my 2000 Cannondale F700!
MO Speed

Postby Chris » July 15th, 2010, 8:07 pm

Has anyone rode Wildwood Hills in Indian River. I'm going to be up there camping and was wondering if it was worth it?
thanks,
Chris
2012 Slingshot Ripper 29 fatter
2012 Surly Necromancer pugsley
2013 Specialized FSR
Chris

Postby deuxdiesel » July 23rd, 2010, 12:37 pm

Any group rides/shop rides on the VASA during the week? I will be staying in Elk Rapids next week and would like to ride other than by myself. PM if possible-

Thanks,
David
deuxdiesel

Postby kalkaskawinterfest » July 23rd, 2010, 7:39 pm

We have a Kalakska ride on Wed. nights 6:00 {fairgrounds}
kalkaskawinterfest

Postby watchmyback » July 24th, 2010, 6:19 am

There is a group riding the VASA single track on Thursday @ 6:30 pm.
http://www.cherrycapitalcyclingclub.org ... _id=117724
watchmyback

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments