Western: Other trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby oldmanron » September 15th, 2008, 5:11 pm

The ski trails at the ASGA are closed to biking from Oct 1-Jan and whenever there is snow on them.
oldmanron

Postby sworks88 » September 15th, 2008, 5:29 pm

oldmanron wrote:The ski trails at the ASGA are closed to biking from Oct 1-Jan and whenever there is snow on them.

Not to mention the 9 inches of rain that we just got. I am sure the trails are a mess all across the state.
Redefining SLOW one agonizing pedal stroke at a time.

http://singletrackchronicles.blogspot.com/
sworks88

Postby duotone » September 17th, 2008, 7:43 am

I'd like to see ASGA have its own page on the trail conditions site if possible.... just a thought.

How's the conditions?

Thinking of heading out there today, 3pm if anyone's up for it.
It's not a bike, it's a message.

I'd rather ride my bike than operate it.

This is not a business, it's a hobby out of control
http://web.mac.com/tonyreidsma/Bike_Bui ... lcome.html
duotone

Postby paydirt_07 » September 17th, 2008, 7:55 am

duotone wrote:I'd like to see ASGA have its own page on the trail conditions site if possible.... just a thought.

How's the conditions?

I agree to ASGA having its own page.

I'd bet that it drains well, except maybe down by that creek area. The south loop was good last Weds., but the north loop was rough. I keep running over thorns! :evil: The last two times I rode there I came home with a flat front tire.

I'd ride with you, but I work until 5 and I think I'm going to try CSA tonight. Have a good ride.
paydirt_07

Postby sworks88 » September 17th, 2008, 8:41 am

paydirt_07 wrote:
duotone wrote:I'd like to see ASGA have its own page on the trail conditions site if possible.... just a thought.

How's the conditions?

I agree to ASGA having its own page.

I'd bet that it drains well, except maybe down by that creek area.

Put my vote in for the ASGA thread as well. Duotone, we got a ton of rain over the weekend....but the trail is sand based. Paydirt is right....the trail should drain good except for the low area on the south loop. I rode Yankee last night and you couldnt even tell that it rained. :wink:

Let us know how it goes.....I would love to ride tonight....but my wife works late and the girls have dance.
Redefining SLOW one agonizing pedal stroke at a time.

http://singletrackchronicles.blogspot.com/
sworks88

Postby duotone » September 24th, 2008, 10:10 am

Wasn't able to get to ASGA last week, I'll be there today and again Friday noon ish.

Anyone in?

duotone

Postby duotone » September 24th, 2008, 10:32 pm

Went there today and it's in good shape... cleared a full loop and was heading out for another when I saw my front tire was loosing air, fast.

I'm fighting a chest cold so I packed it up. I'm not going Friday anymore... 2 rides here, 2 flats are 2 much for me! Here are a few pics.

duotone

Postby oldmanron » October 9th, 2008, 9:15 am

:cry: The DNR has closed the Allegan State Game area mountain bike trail from Oct 1 -Jan 1 for hunting season.
oldmanron

Al Sabo 10/9/08 in great shape

Postby ATBiker » October 9th, 2008, 9:34 pm

I did a couple laps through Al Sabo today. Other than the sand just before the end-of-trail climb, the trail was in very good shape. Some slippery mud here and there, but that should be gone soon. Happy riding.
ATBiker

Postby pugman » October 28th, 2008, 1:20 pm

I was out at Al Sabo today ,10-28, and want to give everyone a heads up. Theres a good sized tree down in the first down hill section. Be careful, everyone usually has a good head of steam going through there.
AYHSMB.....BikesnobNYC
pugman

Not a Trail

Postby Bigtymer » November 6th, 2008, 9:02 am

THIS IS NOT A MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR GAS AND TIME GOING HERE. They only allow hikers and dogs! Boo!!!!
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Re: Not a Trail

Postby backtobasics » November 23rd, 2008, 7:19 pm

Bigtymer wrote:THIS IS NOT A MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR GAS AND TIME GOING HERE. They only allow hikers and dogs! Boo!!!!

Not true! I just rode it today. It is true that there are people with dogs (usually not on a leash) but MTBikers share it too. I can understand it might not be worth the drive from GR but I love it as a second backyard. Watch out for the big tree down on the fastest downhill part. I might bring my chainsaw next time. Mostly fast but a little muddy today.
I got nothin'
backtobasics

Re: Not a Trail

Postby John_H » November 23rd, 2008, 9:33 pm

backtobasics wrote:
Bigtymer wrote:THIS IS NOT A MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR GAS AND TIME GOING HERE. They only allow hikers and dogs! Boo!!!!

Not true! I just rode it today. It is true that there are people with dogs (usually not on a leash) but MTBikers share it too. I can understand it might not be worth the drive from GR but I love it as a second backyard. Watch out for the big tree down on the fastest downhill part. I might bring my chainsaw next time. Mostly fast but a little muddy today.

Hey... what trail are you all referring to? This thread is for "Other Trails" :)
John_H

Postby Bigtymer » November 28th, 2008, 9:59 pm

You must have missed THE BIG SIGN THAT SAYS NO BIKES ALOUD! Or maybe the Ottawa Conty Sheriff , that I talked to in the parking lot, that told me the same thing!
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby Special Goodness » November 29th, 2008, 11:20 am

Bigtymer wrote:You must have missed THE BIG SIGN THAT SAYS NO BIKES ALOUD! Or maybe the Ottawa Conty Sheriff , that I talked to in the parking lot, that told me the same thing!
What are you talking about? What "trail" were you at?
-The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action.
-Half of all people are below average.
-President, FSU Cycling (find it on Facebook)
Special Goodness

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments