Southwest: T.K. Lawless

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Southwest: T.K. Lawless

Postby sworks88 » April 18th, 2009, 8:38 am

edwdim wrote:As a matter of fact NIMBA is planning a time trial on Sunday June 7. I will post times when I know them.
Just to mention, the trail is in excellent shape. To early for bugs and the briars aren't a problem.

WHen you know times and date for sure....can you post a link for registration! Thanks
sworks88

Postby PieterHemmo » June 24th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Lawless is in POOR condition, lots of head knockers and the big draw, the technical components, seem to have been removed. its a good little trail for a ride around, but not technically challenging. watch out for down trees, there are several. ( between mile 1 and 2!)
PieterHemmo

Postby oldmanron » October 18th, 2009, 8:21 am

Rode TK yesterday for the first time in about 5 years. The trail was in great condition and I really enjoyed it. The first 6 miles are fun and fast with lots of small climbs and desents. Miles 6-10 are a little more technical (ESP 6-7). This is a great trail situated in a very nice county park. IT IS OPEN YEAR ROUND. Thanks to the NIMBA people who mantain it and to the Cass county Parks Department allowing the use of this resource for mounatin biking.
oldmanron

Postby Craig Morris » October 18th, 2009, 2:13 pm

oldmanron wrote:Rode TK yesterday for the first time in about 5 years. The trail was in great condition and I really enjoyed it. The first 6 miles are fun and fast with lots of small climbs and desents. Miles 6-10 are a little more technical (ESP 6-7). This is a great trail situated in a very nice county park. IT IS OPEN YEAR ROUND. Thanks to the NIMBA people who mantain it and to the Cass county Parks Department allowing the use of this resource for mounatin biking.

It's great to hear the trail is in good shape. Now is the perfect time to get out and ride Lawless before the leaves bury the trail. Although the park remains open year round the mountain bike trail is usually closed (due to hunting season) November 1.
Craig Morris

Postby oldmanron » October 21st, 2009, 8:10 am

I just got off the phone with Cass county parks, and the trail is closed from Nov. 1- March 1 every year, so just a couple of weekends left to ride there this year
oldmanron

Postby PieterHemmo » January 26th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Got to retract my complaint about TK from June of '08, went back and rode the trails a couple of times again later in the summer and fall, it was great, always quiet and fast. I must have gotten there before the place got any tlc. Now I must say, BRAVO. You will see me there again. I was also bummed because an old guide book mentioned technicals, but its fun regardless.
PieterHemmo

Postby BikeGeek » April 7th, 2010, 12:08 pm

I was just on the Cass county website. Bike trails at T.K. are open for the season. :D
BikeGeek

Postby cdb3113 » May 20th, 2010, 10:11 am

Condition update?
- - cdb3113 - -
cdb3113

Postby DaveChuck » June 22nd, 2010, 9:05 pm

Road Lawless for the first time ever on 6/16. Conditions were great in my opinion. There was rain fall a few days prior and the trail was in good shape. A little moist in some areas, but a clear and open trail.

I'm disappointed I didn't know of this trail before...ITS AWESOME.
Niner EMD 9
KHS Solo One
1985 Schwinn Traveler
DaveChuck

Postby PieterHemmo » August 6th, 2010, 7:16 pm

TK is in great shape as of AUG 6 2010. Fast and swoopy as always, with a few mud holes and log piles mixed in for fun.
PieterHemmo

Postby kchappelow » August 30th, 2010, 8:41 am

The link for the trail web site is: http://www.casscountymi.org/CountyParks ... sPark.aspx

Rode this yesterday, the trail is in great shape and was great fun!
kchappelow

Postby crevip11 » February 14th, 2011, 9:16 am

When does the trail open in the spring?
crevip11

Postby JRP » March 16th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Any info on trail condotions at T K Lawless? Im heading to northwest indiana this weekend. Gonna drive right by this trail and if conditions are ok I would like to take bike and ride some trails. Ive never been to TK Lawless. Sounds like a great trail but a muddy/low trail so im not too optimistic about it being open yet. Any other trail suggestions in southwest MI / northern indiana?
JRP

Postby Spinwheel » March 16th, 2011, 10:55 pm

JRP wrote:Any info on trail condotions at T K Lawless? Im heading to northwest indiana this weekend. Gonna drive right by this trail and if conditions are ok I would like to take bike and ride some trails. Ive never been to TK Lawless. Sounds like a great trail but a muddy/low trail so im not too optimistic about it being open yet. Any other trail suggestions in southwest MI / northern indiana?

Winona Lake in Warsaw Indiana is worth the trip - its North/central indiana though.

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails ... trail.html

There's also a trail in Goshen IN but its pretty flat.

Sounds like were a few weeks away from riding based on current posts..
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Postby JRP » March 16th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Thanks for the info. Winona looks like its def worth checking out. If goshen trail is flat id rather leave it for the cruisers. My tires dont like to stay on the ground for extended periods of time. Just waiting for now..............
JRP

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments