CRAMBA: Seven Lakes

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CRAMBA: Seven Lakes

Postby Todd Scott » March 30th, 2004, 12:06 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Seven Lakes State Park
Todd Scott

Seven lakes

Postby joemel08 » April 23rd, 2004, 11:46 am

Ok, first let me say this trail is under construction, some already signed, so the new parts of the trail end kind of unceremoniously. I walk the trail daily and it is in very good shape with a little bit of the new trail under some water (it passes through a few grassy areas that are swamp overflow areas) you can easily walk around or ride through them though. I'm not sure the exact plan for the new trail or the plan for the old trails, so if you plan to ride out there in the next few days give Cyclefit in Fenton a call before you head out there, they may be closing old trails and you could end up running yourself in circles.
joemel08

update

Postby joemel08 » April 29th, 2004, 9:43 am

ok, like I said in the previous post i'm not building this trail but wlak it almost everyday. The trail seems to be fully signed a rideable now. It is new but in very good shape, Go give it a try!!!!
joemel08

Postby Dekaner » May 9th, 2004, 11:13 am

Rode the trail yesterday with Ron from Cyclefit as part of an effort to create a new scale trailmap and mark GPS waypoints and routes.

The trail is rideable, albiet somewhat undeveloped in some areas. It was a beautiful area that I would encourage everyone to ride, just be prepared for a few water-crossings.
Lay off your brakes, they're only slowing you down!
Dekaner

Postby Jamie L. » May 25th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Does anyone know if the trails are ridable or flooded with water and mud?
Jamie L.

Postby Dekaner » May 25th, 2004, 7:48 pm

Granted I haven't been out since all the rain, but I'd vote flooded with water and mud. There are some wet crossings, even on a dry day - so places like the bog will just swallow you and your bike whole.

Of course, I could be wrong. Try it out and post what you found. If we don't hear from you in a few days, we'll assume the bog ate you.
Lay off your brakes, they're only slowing you down!
Dekaner

Postby Jamie L. » May 26th, 2004, 7:09 pm

Household duty calls. I must fix the sump pumps first. I think I'll try it Thursday but Friday for sure. I'll let you know.
Jamie L.

Postby Ginger! » May 26th, 2004, 8:45 pm

Call Cyclefit in Fenton. They should have a current idea of what the trail is like.
The rider known as M_A_Martin
Ginger!

Postby Jamie L. » June 15th, 2004, 8:13 pm

Rode the trail today. It's muddy with some standing water. There are several trees down that block the trail's. It does get confusing out there since it's pretty much my first time out there. With lot's of debris over the trails and some over grown spots. At least one sign was down and I'm not sure which way I going. In one end out the other.
Jamie L.

Friday June 25

Postby J/C » June 25th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Rode the trail for the first time this year. Still very muddy in the SW corner when you go around the big lake. A couple trees down, but they are easy enough to navigate around. I like how the trail was rerouted to make the bridge crossing nicer. I noticed the trail posts, will have to investigate the 'B' trail sometime soon.
J/C

Trail condition

Postby poncho » April 24th, 2005, 7:22 pm

I noticed that all the post had a date of 2004, just wondering if anyone has been on them in 2005? I know with this freak snow storm the trail will be sort of funky right now been lookinf forward to starting the season. Can anyone tell me if all I need to ride is a park pass from the DNR?
Ride like it was your last!!!
poncho

Postby Ginger! » April 26th, 2005, 4:47 pm

I've had a few reports from hikers, but no riders.
The rider known as M_A_Martin
Ginger!

Postby Barbarian » June 6th, 2005, 9:51 pm

Was out on the trails Saturday so conditions could have changed by this time, not sure how much rain hit that area Sunday night. As it is later in the season, the trails seem quite rideable, couple soft spots but my son of six didn't even have problems riding them.

There seems to be more trails out there than are on the map, not a bad thing but causes a bit of backtracking as some areas seem to be missing markings for actual trail direction.

Also, the trail may be considered beginner but some of the hills are a little more than I would expect beginners to handle.
Barbarian

Trees Down Across Trail

Postby JackBeNimble » September 12th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Biked Seven Lakes with my 10 yer old son two weekends in August. It was his first time mountain biking and the Seven Lakes trails were almost empty and wide - great for a beginner.

The last weekend, we found that there were two large trees down across the trail (green trail -- both in locations where you are going down hill). Both trees were too large and heavy for us to move and a chain saw will be in order!

Jack Be Nimble
JackBeNimble

Postby tpitrickten » September 28th, 2005, 9:54 am

I just hit the trails here with my 9 yr old daughter. The trails are mostly in good condition with moderate overgrowth with a little mud here and there.
Alex
tpitrickten

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments