Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby AllMountin' » November 17th, 2014, 10:42 am

I've seen those Framed bikes in the window at the House. Would be nice to have a demo, for any fat curious in attendance. I will say that I've always found that Rick has very competitive pricing on anything I've picked up from the House of Wheels.

I think there are enough locals that couldn't or wouldn't make the trip to ilra, to justify hosting a ride here. It'll give folks some options. I'll throw together a formal posting later on.

Bob- Should anything be done in regards to reserving the pavilion, or is it a free for all this time of year?
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby owosso bob » November 17th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I talked to the park ranger Tim and the pavilion is taken care of , will have to share it with a small adventure class for a while . Confirmed with the House of Wheels that he will make a FRAMED demo bike available to try out . I will talk to DNR Dave to make sure he can get wood for the fireplace . I will not be able to do a recon ride before hand like last year . Any thing else I can do let me know .
owosso bob

Postby utabintarbo » November 18th, 2014, 7:29 am

AllMountin' wrote:I think there are enough locals that couldn't or wouldn't make the trip to ilra, to justify hosting a ride here. It'll give folks some options. I'll throw together a formal posting later on.

Bob- Should anything be done in regards to reserving the pavilion, or is it a free for all this time of year?

FWIW, and I know this isn't the proper place for this, but I would rather come out there and have a proper event (much like last year's) than a simple ride and dash like they are planning at ILRA. Please give notice if this is going to happen. :D
utabintarbo

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » November 18th, 2014, 9:05 am

I will have plenty of firewood for the fireplace in the pavilion. We have about 2-3 inches of fresh powder snow today. Might warm up Sunday,Monday and melt but hopefully there will be some good snow for the fat tire ride Dec 6.

Come on out.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby ChrisInYpsi » November 18th, 2014, 9:25 am

utabintarbo wrote:FWIW, and I know this isn't the proper place for this, but I would rather come out there and have a proper event (much like last year's) than a simple ride and dash like they are planning at ILRA. Please give notice if this is going to happen. :D

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=126729&view=unread#unread
ChrisInYpsi

Postby DNR_Maybury » November 18th, 2014, 10:13 am

DNR Sleepy Hollow wrote:I will have plenty of firewood for the fireplace in the pavilion. We have about 2-3 inches of fresh powder snow today. Might warm up Sunday,Monday and melt but hopefully there will be some good snow for the fat tire ride Dec 6.

Come on out.

Dave if they have a framed demo out for this I think you should give it a ride, once you go fat you don't go back :wink:
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby wannabee » November 18th, 2014, 10:24 am

I'm in for SH
wannabee

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments