Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby wannabee » January 26th, 2015, 7:06 am

was out early morning on Saturday, frozen crust was good and rideable but slow going. counted a herd of 18 deer, never saw that many out there before. also a herd of hikers packing down the trail :D Need more fat bikes out there to get in packed in good.
wannabee

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » June 1st, 2015, 6:20 am

The trails were mowed last week. Some fallen trees were cut out of the way. The outside loop behind headquarters running along Price was really wet.

We got a bunch of rain this weekend so I would venture to say it is wet.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » June 20th, 2015, 11:25 am

I got the small tree just south of marker 12. Not sure if there was more past it. Tons of water out there, grass is high again. Im sure the brush is growing in as well.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » July 17th, 2015, 6:34 am

I am fairly sure everything north of price road was mowed except for when you cross Price rd heading north at the corner of upton and go right. Pretty sure that's wet and wasn't mowed.

I think there is a large tree down behind headquarters and maybe 2 or 3 trees on the northern sections.

August 1 is the 5k and 13.1 mile trail race. I think they average around 800 people.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby AllMountin' » July 21st, 2015, 10:29 pm

Took the fatbikes out for a ride here. Rode around the lake, starting at the beach(crossed thru the field to access) and cutting out at the park entrance. Decent shape overall. There are numerous mud/water holes throughout. All were passable, but a couple were pretty special. Skeeters weren't an issue, but lots of swarming flies. Dryer sheets, or some other form of deterrent recommended.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » July 23rd, 2015, 5:57 pm

Mike and I rode yesterday. We didn't do the outside loop behind HQ 13-14 cause that is usually wet. We continued around the lake to the boat launch then jumped on the rode. Everything looked pretty good.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » July 23rd, 2015, 5:58 pm

I sprayed all of the trails north of price rd today to help establish our single track thru the grass again. Speeds should really pick up after August 1.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby wannabee » July 28th, 2015, 6:26 am

Well, it is finally dried up. Lots of deep ruts cut in to contend with, was glad I had the fat bike. Otherwise in great condition, no downed trees and everything is mowed and trimmed nicely. Thank you Dave.

Make sure your bike is ready to go, cause if you have to stop, the deer/horse flies will have you stripped down to a skeleton in a matter of minutes. Anything less than 10 mph you have a dark cloud of flies engulfing you.
wannabee

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments