Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby whatsupdude » June 10th, 2016, 7:11 am

THANK YOU!!!!

We had an outstanding group ride last night and every one had a great time!

We are planning to ride there again next week -- most likely staying on the same route. I'll take a look at the east section and the section south of Price over the next few days to see how well those are drying. If you get out there, please let us know how things look. And if we can help with any of the clearing, please let us know.

Thank you again. Looking forward to another great season at Sleepy Hollow!
whatsupdude

Postby whatsupdude » June 13th, 2016, 6:49 am

Rode the ENTIRE outer trail loop yesterday morning. Everything is dry, including the East section and the section South of Price Rd. There are still several sections that are VERY bumpy, but everything is rideable. (Apparently there was a mud running race on the trail sometime in the spring and the sections used during that event are pretty tore up). But, there have been quite a few more riders over the past couple weeks (mostly campground visitors) and the trail is breaking in nicely.

The SH staff has done a great job of clearing the downed trees. I did let them know about a newly fallen large tree over the trail between markers 3 and 4, just north of post 3 at the bottom of the steep downhill. If you're out there before that one is cleared, beware of getting too much speed down the hill.

We had our first weekly group ride at Sleepy Hollow last Wednesday and it was a great turnout, with 16 riders. We'll be out there again this Wednesday and I'll post the details on the Ride Announcement forum.

Steve W.
whatsupdude

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » June 13th, 2016, 11:22 pm

The tree at the bottom of the hill is cleared.
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby whatsupdude » June 14th, 2016, 6:16 am

Thank you, that's awesome!!
whatsupdude

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » June 20th, 2016, 12:01 am

There are a few trees down and low branches south of price rd from upton south toward the big hill on the ridge. I will try to get them in the morning and then have the trail mower go through to knock down some of the high grass.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments