Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » July 13th, 2014, 8:23 am

Just got another 1/2 inch of rain last night. Seems that when the trail is about dry we get more rain and I'm talking an inch or more at a time, which has happened quiet a few times this year. We got something like 3.5 inches overnight two weeks ago ish? We had to take a pump down to the campground and we pumped water from campsites for an entire day.

Just a rainy spring...I mean year. If you got a cheap, easy solution for that let me know.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Postby G.Cook » July 13th, 2014, 11:25 am

"cheap ,easy solution" ? I'm sure there are easy solutions it's just that they are not cheap . :wink:
G.Cook

Postby Mike 373 » July 26th, 2014, 10:44 am

The trail is dry! A few muddy spots the consistancy of play-doh. The park staff has cleared the down trees and mowed. Face slappers down. South side will be mowed this week. Lots of small debris on the trails. I will be out with a rake next week. Glad to have the trail finally come around.
Mike 373

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » July 31st, 2014, 12:54 pm

This Saturday August 2nd will be busy on the trails. There is a run/race.

Also the consumers pipeline crew is replacing gas pipe on the pipe line near price rd where the trail crosses the pipeline. Hopefully they will be done soon. Lots of heavy machinery, vehicles and a very big, deep hole in the ground (dukes of hazzard type hole in the ground! I wouldn't try jumping it :wink: )...it is fenced when they are not working.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments