Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby owosso bob » November 26th, 2013, 8:48 am

To the rescue , I have arrows cut already for Hopkins Lake trails that are leftover that we can use , just need to know what color , they are white now but I can paint them ( yellow ? ) . I think there are only 3 or 4 places you might need them . One for sure is where it crosses the horse trail and the other is where you could take the shortcut back to the pavilion . I have dozen arrows cut so we will have enough . Saturday or Sunday after Mass would work fine for me for a recon ride . I also have red and yellow tape if you think that would work better .
owosso bob
 
Posts: 332
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby SteveF » November 26th, 2013, 9:18 am

owosso bob wrote:To the rescue , I have arrows cut already for Hopkins Lake trails that are leftover that we can use , just need to know what color , they are white now but I can paint them ( yellow ? ) . I think there are only 3 or 4 places you might need them . One for sure is where it crosses the horse trail and the other is where you could take the shortcut back to the pavilion . I have dozen arrows cut so we will have enough . Saturday or Sunday after Mass would work fine for me for a recon ride . I also have red and yellow tape if you think that would work better .


Bob to the rescue as always! 8) What day works best for you, Steve? Bob, do you have a preference?
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
User avatar
SteveF
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: June 21st, 2002, 9:56 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby owosso bob » November 26th, 2013, 10:26 am

Either day just name a time although Sunday it would have to be 10:00 or so or if you want to go earlier I will go to Mass on Sat . night . then we are good to go anytime .
owosso bob
 
Posts: 332
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby SteveF » November 26th, 2013, 3:23 pm

owosso bob wrote:Either day just name a time although Sunday it would have to be 10:00 or so or if you want to go earlier I will go to Mass on Sat . night . then we are good to go anytime .


Looks like thursday, friday or sunday work best for me. (will be out of town on saturday, tentatively) Call it Sunday, then? We could do it anytime, though it's going to get above freezing later so might get messy.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
User avatar
SteveF
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: June 21st, 2002, 9:56 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby AllMountin' » November 26th, 2013, 3:30 pm

I'm good with either as well. As far as I know I'm off Thursday thru Sunday , with no commitments except for on Thanksgiving Day .
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
User avatar
AllMountin'
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: November 26th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby SteveF » November 26th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Sunday, then! Unless thur (early) or anytime friday is better for you guys. We can take a good easy spin on sunday up there, recover from our long weekends and ponder the route for 12/7. Anytime work better? mid-late morning/early afternoon's good for me sunday.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
User avatar
SteveF
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: June 21st, 2002, 9:56 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby owosso bob » November 27th, 2013, 8:52 am

SteveF wrote:Sunday, then! Unless thur (early) or anytime friday is better for you guys. We can take a good easy spin on sunday up there, recover from our long weekends and ponder the route for 12/7. Anytime work better? mid-late morning/early afternoon's good for me sunday.

Okay Sunday at 1:00 East parking lot . I think Mike , Rick and possibly Rob are going to join us . Also Rick from the House of Wheels is going to let me bring one of his Charge Fat Bikes out the day of the ride to try out
owosso bob
 
Posts: 332
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby SteveF » November 27th, 2013, 1:06 pm

owosso bob wrote:
SteveF wrote:Sunday, then! Unless thur (early) or anytime friday is better for you guys. We can take a good easy spin on sunday up there, recover from our long weekends and ponder the route for 12/7. Anytime work better? mid-late morning/early afternoon's good for me sunday.

Okay Sunday at 1:00 East parking lot . I think Mike , Rick and possibly Rob are going to join us . Also Rick from the House of Wheels is going to let me bring one of his Charge Fat Bikes out the day of the ride to try out


Sounds good!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
User avatar
SteveF
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: June 21st, 2002, 9:56 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby AllMountin' » December 1st, 2013, 10:24 pm

We rode the outermost loop today. It was completely free of deadfall. Looks to be in good shape for GFD, next Saturday. Found one tree down in the campground part of the inner loop. It was small enough to rotate off the trail. Everything looks good out there.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
User avatar
AllMountin'
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: November 26th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » December 2nd, 2013, 11:19 am

That's what I like to hear. Thanks for the update guys.
DNR Sleepy Hollow
 
Posts: 102
Joined: February 8th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » December 16th, 2013, 10:45 am

Monday Dec 16. 4-5 inches of nice fluffy snow out here.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow
 
Posts: 102
Joined: February 8th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » December 26th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Bad ice storm last weekend. Everything is still iced up. Sure to be lots of trees blocking trails until I can get them cleaned up.

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow
 
Posts: 102
Joined: February 8th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby owosso bob » December 28th, 2013, 1:53 pm

DNR Sleepy Hollow wrote:Bad ice storm last weekend. Everything is still iced up. Sure to be lots of trees blocking trails until I can get them cleaned up.

Dave

Dave give me a call If you need help , I am free any day except Jan. 7 . I can only imagine how bad it is after walking Hopkins Lake yesterday . I picked up two new volunteers for next year at the bike shop today , one is a school teacher so he said he would be available any time during the summer and the other sets his own hours and the good thing is they both live real close to the park .
owosso bob
 
Posts: 332
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR Sleepy Hollow » January 2nd, 2014, 4:29 pm

South of Price Rd is clear. And only from the East Picnic parking lot going across the street and south back to the park headquarters.

The woods are looking better with the ice off the trees.

A few inches (3-4) of snow on the trail, some places have a slippery layer of ice underneath.

Work will continue...

Dave
DNR Sleepy Hollow
 
Posts: 102
Joined: February 8th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Re: Mid-State: Sleepy Hollow

Postby DNR_Maybury » January 2nd, 2014, 6:39 pm

Keep at it Dave!
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury
 
Posts: 118
Joined: January 23rd, 2013, 4:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests