Western: Luton Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby RickPlite » November 19th, 2011, 5:41 pm

cramer wrote:
morgan1819 wrote:How are are the trail conditions? (Saturday 11/19)
Dry?

thx~

Conditions are perfect.

I'll second that! Awesome and very fast.
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
RickPlite

Postby GDB2B » November 23rd, 2011, 9:15 pm

Anybody know the ride conditions of the various loops at Luton as of this evening, Wednesday? How bad did yesterday's rain make it?
GDB2B

Postby cramer » November 24th, 2011, 7:34 am

GDB2B wrote:Anybody know the ride conditions of the various loops at Luton as of this evening, Wednesday? How bad did yesterday's rain make it?

(deleted post, didn't notice you were asking about yesterday- hope you had a good ride!)
cramer

Postby yamaha13 » November 29th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Rode Luton today and Cannon Township trails tonight both trails in great shape. Cannon trail still a little bumpy needs more riding
yamaha13

Postby clydeone » December 9th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Anybody got an update on conditions in Luton park coming up from st. Joe tomorrow and have time to burn
2013 Trails - Brown County, Poto(Finally) Arcadia Dunes, Yankee, Custer, Andrews, TK Lawless, Bendix Woods, Rum Village, Love Creek
2013 Total Mileage - 4932
2013 Trail miles - 338 - pitiful
clydeone

Postby cramer » December 9th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Haven't been out there, but just in case nobody else comments with direct information, I can at least say that we have frozen ground and probably 1/2 inch of snow out here, maybe less in the woods, pretty much perfect riding I'm guessing.
cramer

Postby Slimm » December 10th, 2011, 10:08 pm

rode today. was perfect, good and frozen. there are a number of areas, however, that have deep ruts due to morons riding in too soft of conditions

-s
why did they say I needed this degree?

../|. ,[______],
|---L =O|||||||O
()_) .()_)--~---)_)
Slimm

Postby RickPlite » December 11th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Slimm wrote:rode today. was perfect, good and frozen. there are a number of areas, however, that have deep ruts due to morons riding in too soft of conditions

-s

curious how bad it looks today after a warm Sunday afternoon. Deep ruts I'm sure. Can't people read the sign at the trail head to avoid the trails when muddy?
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
RickPlite

Postby Bigtymer » December 12th, 2011, 8:29 am

Its a shame riders don't' seem to care about the trail enough to wait to ride it when its not muddy.
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby Mike_D » December 12th, 2011, 8:43 am

Bigtymer wrote:Its a shame riders don't' seem to care about the trail enough to wait to ride it when its not muddy.

They're probably the same d-bags that don't show up @ trail days. If you're not gonna show up to a trail day, at least have the common courtesy not to rut the trail when it's warm and mushy....
Mike_D

Postby Sphyllis » December 12th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Speaking for all doggy bags out there, the trail was frozen solid Saturday. However, the green loop had a few soft spots because they were in the sun despite the air temp. being well below freezing. Read the sign all you want, there still might be mud. Just please don't ride around it to widen he rut.
??????Peace, Love, & Leftovers
Sphyllis
Sphyllis

Postby Bigtymer » December 12th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Read the forum on fort custer. Some guy and group of his friend went to ride the trails at custer and found that they were a mess. Did they turn back? No, they thought driving an hour and fifteen minutes justified his groups reasoning for riding the trails and destroying them. God for bid that they wasted 15 dollars in gas and turn back. Plus, I love the name calling at me and the question asking if I had a mommy complex. Real classy:) I'm just trying to protect my home trails.
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby Mike_D » December 12th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Unfortunately, there are some that just simply don't give a $hit. Personally, I always have a "Plan B" and ride someplace like Yankee or Bass River that can handle a freeze/thaw or recent rain condition (if it is going to be questionable or someone points out to me the trail is a mess) since those places have well draining soil but that's just me :roll:
Mike_D

Postby yamaha13 » December 12th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Apparently Bigtymer has selective reading you left out the part about how we spent 2 and a half hours clearing the trails of debris. This is a different forum you don't need to go to all the forums and complain about us riding and clearing trails at Custer. And I do work on many trail days. Lets try and stick to being informative and productive about the trails and how we can encourage participation in building and maintaining trails instead of finding ways to complain about what other people do! Thanks for being concerned about the trails.
yamaha13

Postby Sphyllis » December 12th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Hi - I am a ski area junkie and I love Luton as a pristine park. I take my daughter there because it really is hazard free and I don't think she needs a broken collar bone.

I am all for maintaining the pristine nature of Luton. It is a great place for newbies. Take care. For example, I stayed at home Sunday and went for a run because I new it was warm and my fat ass would gouge the living *beep* out of the trail.

Thus ladies (gender non-specific): calm the Fig down. I think that common sense should rule: mud will happen. Don't go bananas on a sloppy trail. Luton is a nicely designed trail that should be treated with respect. But don't be a fascist.With that caveat in mind, get muddy and don't ride around the ruts. ride through them. Please.

Love,
Sphyllis
Sphyllis

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions