Northeast: Pine Haven

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby mkow1234 » July 13th, 2015, 3:05 pm

I rode at Pine Haven on Sunday afternoon. The trail was dry and beautiful (few tiny muddy spots, but hardly anything). Seen some evidence of a horse rider (probably just one) going on the single track trails. No *beep*, thankfully, but definitely could see divots here and there. I'm not majorly concerned at this point, but that thin sandy topsoil can't take too much abuse. I'll drop another polite note to the Midland County Parks & Rec folks.
mkow1234

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby mkow1234 » July 27th, 2015, 11:09 am

Did a few loops of the single-track at Pine Haven on afternoon of Sunday, July 26th. Continuing to see evidence of one or two scofflaws riding horses on the single-track. Some small pockets of erosion and divots -- nothing major -- yet. Looked like a few boards were broken or missing on one of the small bridges.
There were about eight horse trailer rigs in the parking lot at the trail-head, and a pile of horse stuff scattered on the ground in the parking lot. Hopefully, it was cleaned up after I left. This is a nice park/trail and is worth keeping that way. Sent a polite email note to Midland County.
mkow1234

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments