Western: Robinette's

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby raymears » September 8th, 2011, 10:18 pm

I went to Robinette's for the first time tonight in a group of 8 riders. There were lots of surprises, from steep uphills around a sharp corner to a massive dropoff (wiped out one of our riders) to a very long fast downhill with bumps at the bottom (ate two of our riders), to some grass riding.

It's a fun trail that I'll return to, though it won't be at the top of my rotation.

I wish we had known someone had lost their keys - we would have helped to look.
raymears
 
Posts: 36
Joined: August 13th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby Go_Green » September 20th, 2011, 9:54 pm

trail update?
Go_Green
 
Posts: 56
Joined: June 25th, 2011, 7:41 pm
Location: East Lansing, MI

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby kevin g » September 22nd, 2011, 4:25 pm

I was out there yesterday over my lunch hour. There were two trees down (they have been there for a while), one on the first loop out from the orchard and one on the second. There was sand in the typical areas and the trail was just wet enough that I had to sit to climb, otherwise I would lose traction.
kevin g
 
Posts: 34
Joined: December 6th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Location: Belmont

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby ras220476 » October 25th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Rode the trail today. I haven't got out for a few weeks now (uhhhhh, maybe more like 8...lol) and I haven't ridden this trail since the start of the summer, but its in fairly good condition. Its a bit soggy and muddy in some places, but that makes it even better...IMO. There is (still) a tree down in the first section (about a mile in) and there has been a fair amount of run-off on the steep hills, so the roots are a challenge and especially when they're damp and slippery. I had totally forgotten about some of the steep uphill sections and the crazy ass downhill 'drop' around the fallen tree - I took the alternate trail for the first time today. *beep*, I think that route is more challenging than the original trail!! All in all, a great trail considering its a 10 min drive from where I live :)
ras220476
 
Posts: 5
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby ras220476 » November 12th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Went out today for two full circuits - it was a perfect day. The trail is in good condition, except for the large tree that is still down in the second wooded section (the most northerly loop), which you have to dismount to get over. There are a few other smaller trees down across the trail in the third and fourth wooded sections, but you can ride/jump over these! It was great to see some other people out on the trail too! :)
ras220476
 
Posts: 5
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby RickPlite » April 9th, 2012, 8:48 am

I lost a Bontrager mini pump out there last week. Let me know if you found it
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby kevin g » April 11th, 2012, 12:52 pm

RickPlite wrote:I lost a Bontrager mini pump out there last week. Let me know if you found it


I did a lap at lunch today, but didn't see your pump.
kevin g
 
Posts: 34
Joined: December 6th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Location: Belmont

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » April 13th, 2012, 8:40 pm

kevin g wrote:
RickPlite wrote:I lost a Bontrager mini pump out there last week. Let me know if you found it


I did a lap at lunch today, but didn't see your pump.

Same. Trail was great lotta debris still from no riders but oh well. Thanks to whoever put in that reroute around endo drop, its a little rough but better than dropping 5' into a pile of debris :D . Trail is clear and marked.
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
User avatar
G.R.XC-MTNBKR
 
Posts: 827
Joined: May 14th, 2004, 10:52 am
Location: G.R

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby cramer » April 14th, 2012, 6:19 pm

G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:Thanks to whoever put in that reroute around endo drop, its a little rough but better than dropping 5' into a pile of debris :D .


Sounds like the trail got dumbed down to me.
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby RickPlite » April 14th, 2012, 6:29 pm

kevin g wrote:
RickPlite wrote:I lost a Bontrager mini pump out there last week. Let me know if you found it


I did a lap at lunch today, but didn't see your pump.


I found it, didnt lose it there after all
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » April 14th, 2012, 6:31 pm

cramer wrote:
G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:Thanks to whoever put in that reroute around endo drop, its a little rough but better than dropping 5' into a pile of debris :D .


Sounds like the trail got dumbed down to me.

Because you spoke without knowing if the re-route is just as technical. :roll: Thats twice for you, I was hoping you would learn by now. :twisted:
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
User avatar
G.R.XC-MTNBKR
 
Posts: 827
Joined: May 14th, 2004, 10:52 am
Location: G.R

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby cramer » April 14th, 2012, 7:07 pm

G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:
cramer wrote:
G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:Thanks to whoever put in that reroute around endo drop, its a little rough but better than dropping 5' into a pile of debris :D .


Sounds like the trail got dumbed down to me.

Because you spoke without knowing if the re-route is just as technical. :roll: Thats twice for you, I was hoping you would learn by now. :twisted:


I was going by what you wrote. You said it was a little rough, but better than a 5' drop off. Is the new re-route a 6' drop off?
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » April 14th, 2012, 8:41 pm

cramer wrote:
G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:
cramer wrote:
G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:Thanks to whoever put in that reroute around endo drop, its a little rough but better than dropping 5' into a pile of debris :D .


Sounds like the trail got dumbed down to me.

Because you spoke without knowing if the re-route is just as technical. :roll: Thats twice for you, I was hoping you would learn by now. :twisted:


I was going by what you wrote. You said it was a little rough, but better than a 5' drop off. Is the new re-route a 6' drop off?

At least. :wink: Its just tricky on the first few go's, sloping downhill while going over small logs, with sharp turn into quick climb. Probly more technical then a straight 5' drop. Needs to be broken in, you should check it out.
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
User avatar
G.R.XC-MTNBKR
 
Posts: 827
Joined: May 14th, 2004, 10:52 am
Location: G.R

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby bergie05 » July 25th, 2012, 5:18 am

In town for work, looking for a quick ride. I haven't ridden this trail in years. What kind of shape is it in with all the dry weather?
User avatar
bergie05
 
Posts: 47
Joined: December 25th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby kevin g » April 29th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Anybody ridden this yet this spring?
kevin g
 
Posts: 34
Joined: December 6th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Location: Belmont

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 2 guests