Western: Robinette's

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Western: Robinette's

Postby Todd Scott » March 29th, 2004, 9:58 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Robinette's.
Todd Scott

Re: Western: Robinette's

Postby nate.phelps » April 8th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Trail is damp next to the beltline. Otherwise in good shape.
nate.phelps

Trees

Postby murraydrew » July 5th, 2004, 5:52 pm

I rode Robinette's last Wednesday. There were several large trees down on the first wooded section. The section through the orchard has been worked up so it will have to be altered. There is a cool new log jump on the third section. I dont know if MMBA can do a trail day there or if we should talk to the owner???
murraydrew

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » August 1st, 2004, 1:06 pm

Rode Robinettes Sat the 31st., most of the trees removed so its rideable...make sure U bring an IV with plasma, after my first lap I felt dizzy from loss of blood, its like ridding through a giant pricker(thorn) bush, sand is slick in spots but rideable...and bring extra tube or 2 just in case, I cant believe my kenda's held off all those thorns...Good Luck :lol: 8) :)
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Postby Pearce » September 7th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Rode the other day - was quite disatrous looking trail - Several trees down, overgrown in spots, not a lot of spots to really pick up speed in the woods - could definitely use some work...
Pearce

Condition at Robinette's on 9-16-04

Postby Mike_D » September 17th, 2004, 7:51 am

First time out there this year and what a difference from last year!!! Their is sand everywhere and the gnarly washout about halfway thru has gotten twice as bad. I could see this being a good candidate for this type of trail maintenance http://www.dupontforest.com/trailproject.asp or at least some type of erosion prevention.

It def. is a much better workout than CSGA but I could do without the sand. Do they have trail maintenance days out there? Maybe we could do some trail maintenance in exchange for free riding out there for those who attend the trail maintenance day? Just a thought...

I would ride there during the spring and summer but don't due to the $3 trail fee and I ride CSGA instead for free(can you hear my shoes squeak when I walk? :oops: ).
Mike_D

Re: Condition at Robinette's on 9-16-04

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » September 17th, 2004, 10:14 am

mntn-biker wrote:First time out there this year and what a difference from last year!!! Their is sand everywhere and the gnarly washout about halfway thru has gotten twice as bad. I could see this being a good candidate for this type of trail maintenance http://www.dupontforest.com/trailproject.asp or at least some type of erosion prevention.

It def. is a much better workout than CSGA but I could do without the sand. Do they have trail maintenance days out there? Maybe we could do some trail maintenance in exchange for free riding out there for those who attend the trail maintenance day? Just a thought...

I would ride there during the spring and summer but don't due to the $3 trail fee and I ride CSGA instead for free(can you hear my shoes squeak when I walk? :oops: ).

I live quite close to Robinettes, and could ride my bike there if I wanted everyday, but the condition of the trail this year has kept me from riding more than a few times...I dont think they have trail maintainence days out there...but maybe seeing all the cars out there now will motivate them to do some pruning and etc...But If you want to go across the street and ask and see what you can do...Maybe theyll hook you up I dont know?
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Re: Condition at Robinette's on 9-16-04

Postby Mike_D » September 17th, 2004, 10:25 am

G.R.XC-MTNBKR wrote:
mntn-biker wrote:First time out there this year and what a difference from last year!!! Their is sand everywhere and the gnarly washout about halfway thru has gotten twice as bad. I could see this being a good candidate for this type of trail maintenance http://www.dupontforest.com/trailproject.asp or at least some type of erosion prevention.

I live quite close to Robinettes, and could ride my bike there if I wanted everyday, but the condition of the trail this year has kept me from riding more than a few times...I dont think they have trail maintainence days out there...but maybe seeing all the cars out there now will motivate them to do some pruning and etc...But If you want to go across the street and ask and see what you can do...Maybe theyll hook you up I dont know?

I may just do that next time I ride out there. I want to find out the skinny on their multiple day pass anyway.
Mike_D

most recent conditions

Postby MuGuGuy » September 23rd, 2004, 4:38 pm

Anyone been to Robinette's lately? How's it doing?

A few years ago I just loved the trail--fun, challenging and close to home. After having not ridden in a few years, I went with some friends to Fort Custer and had such a blast that since my wife and I have purchased new bikes and have been riding all the time. I went to Robinettes about a month ago and was so disappointed--not the trail I remember at all. It was rotted out, overgrown, and (though I'm ashamed to admit this), dangerous. It could be a fun trail with some work, but I'd just prefer to drive a little farther and ride Yankee Springs or Ionia.
MuGuGuy

Re: most recent conditions

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » September 23rd, 2004, 5:31 pm

MuGuGuy wrote:Anyone been to Robinette's lately? How's it doing?

A few years ago I just loved the trail--fun, challenging and close to home. After having not ridden in a few years, I went with some friends to Fort Custer and had such a blast that since my wife and I have purchased new bikes and have been riding all the time. I went to Robinettes about a month ago and was so disappointed--not the trail I remember at all. It was rotted out, overgrown, and (though I'm ashamed to admit this), dangerous. It could be a fun trail with some work, but I'd just prefer to drive a little farther and ride Yankee Springs or Ionia.

I was at robinettes about a week ago or so, and I could tell no one rides there, debris all over the trail, overgrown, and yes dangerous in some parts, pretty much just no fun...I quit after 1 lap because it wasent worth flatting or losing a rear der. on that trail...I would love to go to Yankee but I just dont have time anymore..CSGA is so close but now its off limits, thats why I'm so *beep* at the DNR :evil: ...Robinettes hasent been putting anything into the trail the passed few years so its pretty crappy :( ..But hey, you might like it...Thats just my opinion, and the factual trail conditions...definetly not worth the $3 fee...
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Postby Mike_D » September 23rd, 2004, 7:45 pm

Just rode there again last night and it seems better than a week ago maybe from use or maybe I just know some of the really BAD areas but overall it wasn't so bad. Just need some major erosion control in a couple of areas. Definately a good workout for 4-1/2 miles or so.
Mike_D

Postby Guppie » September 27th, 2004, 7:59 pm

rode three times this past week. Trail has always been rough, but it gets your heart rate going real quick.

It could use some work, so if anybody figures out a trail day let me know. I'm in GR so email me at cglupker@yahoo.com

I really miss CSGA
Guppie

Postby Mike_D » September 27th, 2004, 8:02 pm

Guppie wrote:I really miss CSGA

DITTO!!!
Mike_D

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » September 28th, 2004, 4:31 pm

mntn-biker wrote:
Guppie wrote:I really miss CSGA

DITTO!!!

Since they closed ive been forced to stop riding, I dont have time to drive an hour away to go riding. Every once in a while I have time to go to yankee but not lately. :( :( ...stupid DNR needs to allocate some resources from the eastside and build us some nice multi-use intermediate singletrack... :x :x They have a dozen trails over there we have maybe 2... :evil: :evil:
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Postby Mike_D » September 28th, 2004, 5:29 pm

I've been riding the ski area and occasionally Robinette's. Each has its own downside. The ski area has sand which is good practice for the Iceman. Robinette's just has a lot of technical washouts but that place will get your heart rate up which makes for a good workout. Rode at Ft. Custer for the 1st time last Sat. - that place is awesome!!!!
Mike_D

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments