Northern: Upper Penninsula Trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

south marquette/ishpeming trails

Postby ffruff22 » August 3rd, 2007, 6:45 pm

My family and I just returned from the UP and I was fortunate to hit the south marquette trails and the group ride out of ishpeming. south marquette was great, i i rode down from presque isle (while the kids were in the pool) hit the mt marquette loop and headed back. The trail was in great shape.

the Ishpeming trails were a lot of fun, I would highly recommend meeting up with Dan and the group on Wednesday at the Jasper Ridge brewery @ 6:30pm. I had a great time during the ride and afterwards. I had to chase the group down for 5 miles (following tire tracks) because I was held up in traffic and the group had already left. I ended up with the B group and we rode a mix of single track and 2 tracks. There was a lot of great views thru-out the ride. Following the ride a few cold ones at Jasper Ridge is a must the beer was great! I think that I tried them all....

Thanks for the great time on the group ride!
Ruff
ffruff22

Postby ProfGumby » March 9th, 2008, 9:52 am

Still a whole lotta snow.....Spring is only 13 days away and all was buried when I was there last......I know it is only March 9....but come one SUN!
ProfGumby

Re: Northern: Upper Penninsula Trails

Postby elsievo » March 18th, 2009, 12:59 pm

Heat wave, lost 8-10 inches of snow depth in the Swedetown Area in the past 4 days.
Only 2 feet to go, dried out and ready to ride April 15th?? Not likely . . .
Marc
aka Mattockman
___
A practicing Creationist . . . because trails are not a product of evolution.
elsievo

Postby Di_bear » April 9th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Keweenaw - we still have snow. It's *possible* we might be riding by the beginning of May, but you never know.
Di_bear

Postby bullonwallst » May 17th, 2009, 11:22 am

How are the Trails looking this weekend?
bullonwallst

Postby normlobo » May 21st, 2009, 9:53 am

how are the trails around marquette mountian looking for this weekend? Thanks.
normlobo

Postby spwrozek » September 10th, 2009, 8:47 am

The new trail at Tech is sweet (it seemed to be between outer limits and inner peace). When it gets packed down it will be extremely awesome. I also rode the lower trails down to Nara for the first time. I didn't like these trails as much as I do the upper trails but they were still pretty cool. For some reason I rode the time trail loop and then out to the school, the technical riding is tough for me. I also forgot how crazy most of the stunts are over there. Great trails though all in all.
spwrozek

Postby NovaraAspen » March 31st, 2010, 8:45 am

Anyone been out to the Tech or Copper Harbor trails this season?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. -Patrick Henry
NovaraAspen

Postby swany » June 19th, 2010, 7:18 am

Going to U.P. during week of the 28th. Can anyone give me some info on the trails by Munising. Are they all nice singletrack, or will I be on a RR bed? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
swany

Postby Cerget » June 22nd, 2010, 12:38 pm

Do Burno's run, it's an awesome trail at Pete's lake campground. It's not riden that much, so it's bumpy from the tree roots, but the trail is awesome as it flows through the woods and next to lakes and rivers. It's about 10 miles south of Munsing on a state forest road.
Cerget

Postby swany » June 22nd, 2010, 7:33 pm

Thanks. After doing some checking, that one looked pretty good.

Adam
swany

Postby bleve » June 23rd, 2010, 5:38 pm

I'll second Bruno's Run, very scenic riding. Also, if you have the time and are willing to fork over the cash for the ferry to Grand Island, do it. The 20 or so mile loop around the island is a great ride. Bring a lunch for the beach on the north shore and enjoy a mini Pictured Rocks area.
bleve

Postby MO Speed » June 29th, 2010, 1:21 pm

Going up to Copper Harbor next week to ride the trail system. Can't wait. Anybody been up there lately? Wanna ride the fat tire fest but the dates never work. If you haven't checked out the interactive trail site for Copper Harbor it's sweet with video of trails and map and moving elevation chart. Wish all trail maps were like this online!!!
Happy 10th Birthday to my 2000 Cannondale F700!
MO Speed

Postby whitekir » July 9th, 2011, 7:11 pm

I was in the Keweenaw last weekend. Many mountain bikers really enjoying the Copper Harbor Trails. When you are up there, also check out Swedetown trail system (Calumet) for miles of sweepy singletrack. And if you enjoy the technical, take an afternoon and ride the Michigan Tech Trails in Houghton. Have a look at keweenawtrails.com for the latest on these trail systems. Enjoy!
whitekir

Postby bleve » March 20th, 2013, 12:04 am

I see this forum gets a lot of use. Anyway, this past weekend I snowshoe'd a couple miles on Bruno's Run and there is a tree down a little west of Wedge Lake that angles across the trail from waist height, will need a saw to remove.
bleve

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments