CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Holly/Flint: Ruby Campground

Postby cjn1014 » May 20th, 2012, 8:42 pm

rode this morning, front side was in pretty good shape. mill creek was shin deep, back side could use a hair cut in the lowlands. saw a coyote pup/yearling up top on the beard road side. all in all, pretty good. definitely some trail features at ruby that you'd never see at a publicly managed area.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby AkA » May 24th, 2012, 8:11 am

The trail is MINT... Dry, Fast, And a couple of new sections!
AkA

Postby chunky dunker » May 26th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Rode out there after the rain today, not a drop of mud to be found. This trail is incredible right now. And all the new reroutes that tsb did this year are awesome! Especially the reroute up Lance. It's a nice switch back across the old route and makes the climb more enjoyable. If you have not been to Ruby in a year or to, you don't know what your missing. This is not the same trail it use to be. I would compare it to the transformation of Addison Oaks that Pauly did over the past few years. ruby is the same caliber....
chunky dunker

Postby gen-xer » June 24th, 2012, 9:22 am

Current Trail Condition:

The trail is in GREAT shape and ready for you to hike, ride, or run. Get out and enjoy. Many, many much needed improvements have been made with more on the way. Thank you to all the volunteers who make it happen. With some of the new/reclaimed areas the current mileage is 5.10 miles from Trail Head to Trail Head. Follow the yellow/black arrows. Remember this is private property so please pay the trail use fee of $2 and DO NOT LITTER. There is a group mtb ride every Wednesday at 6pm. All levels welcome. - Cheers!!
gen-xer

Holly/Flint: Ruby Campground

Postby Alexg » July 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Trail was great today. The rain last night made the dirt perfect today. Still no mud. It was humid but otherwise excellent. Running through the creek was nice to cool the feet off. Fun trail!
Alexg

Postby xycarp » July 20th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Is this Sunday morning a good day to ride Ruby? Is there any sort of race or event which might prevent a ride?

We live about an hour away and would like to make sure the trip is worth while. :)
xycarp

Postby gen-xer » July 20th, 2012, 6:24 pm

This Saturday and Sunday would be great days to ride. Nothing going on at the campground. There is a local Tri going on in Lexington and over in Sarnia, but no MTB trail events out in the woods.

Weather looks great both days!

What time Sunday do you plan to be around?
gen-xer

Postby xycarp » July 20th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. We haven't worked out the details yet, but i expect we'd be there 7:30 AM or so.

We'd love to have company or a tour... I have to warn you though we old, fat and slow...
xycarp

Postby gen-xer » July 21st, 2012, 12:24 pm

Hey xycarp.... I plan to be out there for a few loops earlier. I start around 6ish, but will be glad to give ya the nickle tour at 7:30 for a loop. I rode today( Saturday) and the trail is in Good shape even with the rain that hit the past few days.

I will PM you my cell if needed.
gen-xer

Postby xycarp » July 22nd, 2012, 3:46 pm

We rode Ruby today for the first time. Had a great time... Fun and nicely maintained trail. We ended up getting there a bit later than expected so we missed our planned guided tour. Three guys we met in the parking lot quickly volunteered to take us around. I didn't get there names, but thanks it helped a ton.

We also had a quick chat with the owner after our ride. He came over to help us make fun of our one friend who scuffed up his arm a bit. Nice guy. :)

Overall a nice experience. :)
xycarp

Postby lucban » August 19th, 2012, 4:28 pm

We rode the trail today for Ruby 50 miles endu race. This trail is fun and nice. Well maintain and the single track flow is just simply great!! Kudos to all Who made this trail and maintaining it!! Plus the river crossings is one of a kind. We'll definitely be back!!!
lucban

Postby muttonmark » September 2nd, 2012, 7:50 pm

I rode this on Aug 3rd, really liked the trail, except wish I would've gone with someone who knew where they were going. Somehow, I got turned around and back tracked at the top of the "Hill" between the two river crossings. As I got to the bottom of a downhill run, I realized that I had climbed up that part of the trail a few minutes prior. So I climbed it again, and ended up getting turned around again. So I followed it all back. Fun trail though.
muttonmark

Re: CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

Postby mikesathome2 » June 30th, 2013, 7:11 pm

I was able to ride about half the trail today. Very little mud and no puddles. The river crossings were not a no go as water was running fast, high and strong. I was lucky enough to get a tour from one of the local trail guys (sorry forgot your name) it's definitely a awesome built trail and worth a few loops if in the area. I was beat from 5 miles of SUPing on Lake Huron in 3 foot waves so I could only muster up 3miles of trail.Image Some serious up down and switch backs await. I will return this summer. $2 park fee in drop box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
mikesathome2

Postby cjn1014 » October 9th, 2013, 10:02 pm

bisco's is an entertainment hotspot, of sorts, in beautiful downtown emmett. not quite the sarnia ballet, if you will.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby DallasW » April 23rd, 2014, 6:24 am

Ah, sorry to have missed it. I'm actually from Sarnia, ON. Not much for good riding on the Canadian side so I'm planning to venture into MI a lot this summer.
DallasW

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions