CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Holly/Flint: Ruby Campground

Postby MTB_Jay » August 10th, 2011, 7:15 am

Ruby is in great shape, all of the trimming is done out there. Get out there and preride before the race, just a week and a half left.
MTB_Jay

Postby AkA » August 16th, 2011, 5:54 am

With the rain we had on Sunday it actually helped pack down any loose spots! It has your tyipcal greasy spots on the backside in only two areas, but should be fine come Sunday. The trail is better than it has been in years! Faster with alot more flow to it!
Don't forget your trail fee at the office when you show up, and get out there and pre-ride before the race! but really how hard could the trail really be? after all it is only a campground?.... :twisted:
AkA

Postby Steve_Kinley » August 16th, 2011, 6:31 am

but really how hard could the trail really be? after all it is only a campground?....

LOL I say the same thing about LOHS, it's only a school yard....
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby Steve_Balogh » August 19th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Did a Ruby ride today, had the day off work. Pretty dry out there, the creek is lower than I've ever seen it before, though I walk it as it's deep enough to soak a chain unless you're riding a singlespeed. Trail is hard and fast. Nice work on the reroutes, that one switchback right after the start should not bottleneck for beginner&sport like it often does. Noticed a fork in the trail on the other side of the creek, normal way looks a bit ugly, is the right leg being used in the race?

I used repellent, however I really didn't see a lot of bugs/mosquitos like I do around my house in Canton.
Steve_Balogh

Postby gen-xer » August 25th, 2011, 9:58 am

The 5 mile loop is in GREAT shape. The 2 creek crossings are about 3"-8" deep right now. Some people are riding them with no problems. Great ride lines are formed due to the race held last weekend. The trail is getting used by a lot of riders and some runners this season... nice to see so many new faces out in the woods.

Get out and enjoy the fun!!!!! :D

If you wanna ride with a group. Join us every Tuesday at 6pm if you can. Otherwise, the trail is open 8am-8pm with a $2 trail use fee if you are not camping. Park in the main visitors lot at the bottom of the hill.
gen-xer

Postby cjn1014 » April 28th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Anyone been out?
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby MTB_Jay » May 19th, 2012, 7:28 am

There have been two trail days so far. The mild winter and dry spring were good for the trail, it's in great shape. Get out and ride it.
MTB_Jay

Postby cjn1014 » May 20th, 2012, 8:42 pm

rode this morning, front side was in pretty good shape. mill creek was shin deep, back side could use a hair cut in the lowlands. saw a coyote pup/yearling up top on the beard road side. all in all, pretty good. definitely some trail features at ruby that you'd never see at a publicly managed area.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby AkA » May 24th, 2012, 8:11 am

The trail is MINT... Dry, Fast, And a couple of new sections!
AkA

Postby chunky dunker » May 26th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Rode out there after the rain today, not a drop of mud to be found. This trail is incredible right now. And all the new reroutes that tsb did this year are awesome! Especially the reroute up Lance. It's a nice switch back across the old route and makes the climb more enjoyable. If you have not been to Ruby in a year or to, you don't know what your missing. This is not the same trail it use to be. I would compare it to the transformation of Addison Oaks that Pauly did over the past few years. ruby is the same caliber....
chunky dunker

Postby gen-xer » June 24th, 2012, 9:22 am

Current Trail Condition:

The trail is in GREAT shape and ready for you to hike, ride, or run. Get out and enjoy. Many, many much needed improvements have been made with more on the way. Thank you to all the volunteers who make it happen. With some of the new/reclaimed areas the current mileage is 5.10 miles from Trail Head to Trail Head. Follow the yellow/black arrows. Remember this is private property so please pay the trail use fee of $2 and DO NOT LITTER. There is a group mtb ride every Wednesday at 6pm. All levels welcome. - Cheers!!
gen-xer

Holly/Flint: Ruby Campground

Postby Alexg » July 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Trail was great today. The rain last night made the dirt perfect today. Still no mud. It was humid but otherwise excellent. Running through the creek was nice to cool the feet off. Fun trail!
Alexg

Postby xycarp » July 20th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Is this Sunday morning a good day to ride Ruby? Is there any sort of race or event which might prevent a ride?

We live about an hour away and would like to make sure the trip is worth while. :)
xycarp

Postby gen-xer » July 20th, 2012, 6:24 pm

This Saturday and Sunday would be great days to ride. Nothing going on at the campground. There is a local Tri going on in Lexington and over in Sarnia, but no MTB trail events out in the woods.

Weather looks great both days!

What time Sunday do you plan to be around?
gen-xer

Postby xycarp » July 20th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. We haven't worked out the details yet, but i expect we'd be there 7:30 AM or so.

We'd love to have company or a tour... I have to warn you though we old, fat and slow...
xycarp

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments