CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby Seppuku18 » July 18th, 2008, 7:16 pm

Last year the fastest way across the creek was to just blast into it and lean back on the bike. You could make it half-way across before you even needed to pedal. We did this 4 times before the race and 6 times during the race. The only problems I had were keeping from running into the back of riders who would just coast in and then start pedalling. This year it is a little deeper and seems to have more fist sized rocks throughout it. When I went out there Monday I walked across because it seemed a little sketchier and I didn't feel like doing another bike tear down. The guy I usually ride with seems to think Mike has some sort of dredging process they use before the race. That's a just a guess and you would have to ask Dirty Bird about that. If you race sport or beginner, show up early and see what works best for the other guys.
Seppuku18

Postby stealthfish » July 18th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Just listen to Cruzin Kevin. It's a secret but the little people take care of it. The river will be rideable on Sundaty. Dirty Bird filled me in on this earlier in the season. SHHHHHHH!!! they might hear us. :D
My Fleet
2009 Specialized S-Works Carbon HT
2008 Specialized Roubaix Compact
2009 Gary Fisher Custom SS
stealthfish

Ruby too muddy

Postby camilloscienfuegos » July 25th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Hey guys I was just at Ruby its too muddy and dangerous. Damage is being done right now due to the mud, try to avoid it for now. Thanks.
every man will eventually die , not every man will truly live - William Wallace

You have bled with Wallace , now bleed with me - Robert the Bruce
camilloscienfuegos

Postby SKTRAIN » July 25th, 2008, 7:29 pm

I agree. Suribachi and Hamburger are in terrible shape. Should stick to the crusher.
SKTRAIN

better now

Postby camilloscienfuegos » July 29th, 2008, 5:53 pm

rode it today , much better shape , still a few spots but definitely rideable , suribachi and hamburger are good , i am gonna hit them on thursday then break out some ring of fire
every man will eventually die , not every man will truly live - William Wallace

You have bled with Wallace , now bleed with me - Robert the Bruce
camilloscienfuegos

Postby blastPrimo » August 19th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Rode Ruby today after taking a couple months off of the bike due to massive home repair work.

I have to say it was the first time I've ever ridden this trail and it seems like a nice place.

There were a few (about 7-8) places with mud or a little standing water but it looked like these were common. The river crossings were in good shape. The first one that I came across was about 1.5 feet deep and coming back it was closer to a foot. All and all it seemed to be in good shape.
Phil Nemeth
blastPrimo

Ruby Campground Trailday...Sat. April 11th 9:00-1:00

Postby Diesel » April 10th, 2009, 4:55 am

Come on out and help get Ruby ready for the riding season!!!

We'll be working on getting the trail in order this Saturday from 9:am-1:pm.

Bring rakes, loppers, bowsaws, etc...

Food to be served afterward!!!!

Directions to Ruby Campground can be found at www.rubycampground.com

SEE YOU THERE!!!
Diesel

Re: Holly/Flint: Ruby Campground

Postby Diesel » April 10th, 2009, 5:04 am

Is anyone from the Holly side of town able to haul the Holly/Flint Chapter Trailer to Ruby???

My Jeep has the trailer hitch, but I don't have a wiring harness to run the taillights.
Diesel

Postby chunky dunker » May 23rd, 2009, 8:43 pm

Ruby is OK to ride on the campground side of the river. The other side still has some standing water and has not been touched by a rake yet this year. We finished cutting in the re-routes today (thanks to mother nature). And managed to cut in some new single track behind the showers/pumping station in the campground parking lot.

The creek is still about 3 ft high right now.

A small group of us plan on tackling the other side of the river hopefully this week coming up and have it ready to rock for the race! No if only the rain stays away...
chunky dunker

Postby kms662 » June 2nd, 2009, 7:58 pm

Anyone have a trail map for Ruby?
kms662

Postby dirty bird » June 5th, 2009, 7:10 am

There was trail maps in the campground store. I know there is a trail map on the info board in the parking lot...

There is still some mudd issues on the front side(the dry side). Never made it to the back half(the wet side)...
dirty bird

Postby Cerget » June 5th, 2009, 7:19 am

What does the river look like or was this the reason you didn't make it to the back half.
Cerget

Postby gen-xer » June 5th, 2009, 8:40 am

The river is about 10"-18" deep at this time. It may drop a bit in the next week (WE ALL HOPE). I recommend the HIKE-A-BIKE approach for this obstacle. The complete trail is ride able with a few new re-routes around the low spots. Ruby is a bit early this year and that has been a challenge. Along with the massive snow fall and WET spring the trail is actually not too bad at this time. It is what it is and the event should be a fun MTB race. TSB will be out in full force finalizing the trail prep this weekend. Hope this helps and look forward to June 14th!

*For those that have riden Bloomer Park this year - Ruby is a similar trail with the same feel, features and terrain. Good Luck to all!
gen-xer

Postby Nooge » June 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Thanks for the info gen-xer.

My buddy and I are going out today to ride Ruby for the first time. We are going to race it next weekend. Hopefully the rain over the next couple days doesn't make the race a total mudfest. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
Nooge

Postby kms662 » June 8th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Click the link below for a Ruby trail map.

http://www.rubycampground.com/image/BikeTrail.png
kms662

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions