CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:36 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at the Ruby Campground near Port Huron
Last edited by Todd Scott on April 2nd, 2004, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Scott

Postby Diesel » March 23rd, 2004, 2:15 pm

Still really wet and muddy as of 3/13/04.
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby dirty bird » March 24th, 2004, 3:41 am

few trees down, still very wet in low areas, NOT ridable yet. We are hoping to get out there and do some trail work probably in the next 2 or 3 wks. It will be ridable all summer while we make some changes as well. 8)
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » March 30th, 2004, 1:35 am

IM going to talk w/ a few folks who are the back bone of Ruby this weekend and hopefully have a better idea on when we could put a trail day together... 8)
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » April 26th, 2004, 7:42 pm

HI ALL :!: ruby is up and running :twisted: so come on out and enjoy.... We are going to be continuesly making changes to the coarse, but it will be ridable throughout the hole year :wink: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND ; try not to ride alone if you can help it. It can be a dangerous ride. Even if someone feels they are to good or the coarse is not that difficult and that person gets hurt and cant get back out of the trail to their car or phone to call for help... Please D-O-N-T let that be you :cry: Just like when we were kids, the "BUDDIE" system is always best :lol: If for some reason the wire is up than just park up by the road and please leave the 2-dollars in the mailbox... mike 8)
dirty bird

Postby Diesel » May 15th, 2004, 9:56 am

Dirty Bird tells me that the trail has been hit hard by the recent rainfall. Much of the trail is VERY muddy and the small bridge that is just east of the trailhead is completely underwater. I think I'd avoid this one for a bit.
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby dirty bird » May 27th, 2004, 6:24 am

sorry for my absence. I have been w/out a computer, it got a virus...... Yes RUBY got squashed :roll: We have at least 2/3's of the course under 2feet of water or more..... I will be posting a trail day for Ruby once the trail drys. Any and all help for this trail day is greatly appreciately ....................mike 8)
dirty bird

OPEN FOR SOME RIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby dirty bird » July 31st, 2004, 9:29 am

Ruby is ready and waiting for some victems. I would like some input on how the ride went and what you folks think are some trouble areas. We know of two spreprate issues right now and am going to be working on them real soon, but it wont stop a good hard ride out there so, GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!! We are having a bunch of signs made to be posted out there and am adding a few more logs to a down hill as well as finishing some simple weed wipping...... ps; thanks agian to all who helped on our trail day :P it wouldnt be ridable w/out you folks who gave your valuable time to helping us make Ruby ridable . ALSO a special thanks to TONY AND MARIAN for guiding us on certain proceedures ..... mike and the Bike Barn gang 8)
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » August 9th, 2004, 9:43 am

We spent another 8hrs out here on 8/8/04 and have the hole dry side(front half) looking better then it ever has! So come out and see for your self. Just becareful on the back. The big down hill is getting a face lift and isnt complete yet so dont go creaming down the new path........ mike 8)
dirty bird

April 2005

Postby dirty bird » April 10th, 2005, 11:08 am

We are about to start a new season. We have high hopes and expectations for 2005. I hope to see some new faces out there riding and maybe even helping from time to time. I think that anyone who is interested in preriding Ruby should wait till the 3rd wk of May. :roll: The trail will need to have some cleaning done to it rite off the bat, so if anyone is interested in helping w/ some trail days please look at the event calander for the dates and times. We have also started a new team for cyclists called, team sandbag. Our trail dates and times can be found on our team website, teamsandbag.com thanks; Mike
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » April 10th, 2005, 11:11 am

Anyone intested in riding out here at Ruby, should wait till the 3rd wk of May. We are starting our trail work on April 30th. any questions call me @(586)864-2578 Mike
dirty bird

Saturday Trail Day 04/30/05

Postby RubyRider » April 27th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Are we still on for trail day? I will bring my wet vac!!!

Has anyone checked to see if it is underwater? In years past there has been major flooding with this type of rain/snow.
RubyRider

Postby dirty bird » April 27th, 2005, 7:58 pm

YES, we are still on for saturday. We have some things we can do to keep busy for a couple of hrs. SO AS LONG AS IT IS NOT A DOWN POUR THEN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME OUT AND LEND A HAND. thanks for the interest and hope to see you there, Mike
dirty bird

Postby dirty bird » May 5th, 2005, 1:41 am

May 14th will be great if we can get another big turn out. We can potentialy get the rest of the trail raked out and ridable !!!!! So please continue the suport for a great day of getting the trail able to ride after we are done working. We are also going to have hot dogs and pop /or watter. see you there, Mike.
dirty bird

Postby Clydesdale007 » May 5th, 2005, 2:45 pm

ANOTHER big turnout? :? If more than 6 is big then yeah, I look forward to a BIG turnout. I know the forecast spooked alot of the "volunteers" :roll: away on the 30th. I sure hope that we get our FIRST big turnout on the 14th. :twisted: :wink:

See ya there, rain or shine! Or not.
"You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Clydesdale007

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments