MCMBA: Munson

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Munson

Postby brickwall00 » January 9th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Has anyone ridden this lately? How's the trail looking?
TY
brickwall00

Postby RobM » October 13th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Been meaning to post this for awhile. Rode Munson on October 2nd with my daughter. Trail was in very good shape, with the exception of several places with trees/branches over it. Thanks for those who built and maintain the trail as it's a great family mountain bike trail that's not too far from Sterling State Park, so we like to ride there when camping at the state park.
RobM

Postby Loren » March 13th, 2012, 11:30 pm

I'm looking for some great still photos of Munson for our new chapter website. If you've got any favorites that highlight the trail and the biking experience, and are the copyright holder and don't mind sharing them on our website, please drop me a line at loren.konkus @ gmail.com

Thanks!
Loren

Re: MCMBA: Munson

Postby bringjustn » April 13th, 2012, 6:50 am

?

I rode the front loop yesterday (4/12) or I should say attempted to ride. There are a lot of downed trees right now, and it is flooded towards the end of the trail.? The mud out there right now is about 5? deep with heavy ruts in the trail due to people riding on it. Sadly this trail is going to need some work on getting it back into shape. I did not attempt the rear trail which normally stays wet longer.

?

As of right now I would say avoid the trail, even for hikes and trail runs. I will be doing my best to be out there at least once a week to keep the status updated.

?
bringjustn

Postby Loren » May 21st, 2012, 10:10 pm

Scott hosted a trail day last Saturday to clear the dead fall. The trail is open and rideable. There are still some wet ares in the back, but Scott thinks it should be dry in a couple of weeks.
Loren

Postby sally_2000 » September 28th, 2012, 10:12 am

Does anyone know the conidtion of this trail lately ??? Thanks
sally_2000

Postby steve-o » August 14th, 2013, 7:04 pm

im new to all this to. I don't live in that area either I live in between Monroe and canton and I am always looking for new trails to ride
steve-o

Postby ChrisInYpsi » July 27th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Trail was fantastic this afternoon. Dry as concrete, just a few minor slappers, evidence of recent trimming/maintenance, and generally good to go.

There is a small (6"-8") tree down about 1/3 mile into the back North loop. I was able to get over it without dismounting, but it probably should be cut out to keep the character of the trail.

About 1/2 way through my second lap of the back loop it started storming really hard. Made my way out of the woods as quick as I could, and by then there was water starting to puddle on some of the trail. By the time I made it back to my car I was thoroughly soaked, but the rain stopped. Only lasted maybe 20-25 minutes so I would think that if we don't get much more rain it would be rideable again in a day or so.

Gotta remember to bring my kiddos down here. This is a great trail to introduce MTB'ing.
ChrisInYpsi

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions