MCMBA: Munson

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

MCMBA: Munson

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:36 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Munson Park in Monroe
Last edited by Todd Scott on January 4th, 2007, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Scott

Postby Rod » March 22nd, 2004, 9:26 am

The road/trail leading up to the "inside the woods" trail is a muddy mess. It was, up until two years ago, farmed and has a lot of clay in the mud which makes for the "stays become the mud shedders." I'll post again as soon as it hardens up again.

Rod
Rod

Postby Rod » April 28th, 2004, 7:39 am

Munson is a bit muddy still in spots but it's ready to ride.

Rod
Rod

Postby a2citrix » May 6th, 2004, 12:59 pm

I was thinking about coming down to ride this tonight... is everything still looking good? What kind of trail is it...? Hilly?, technical?, None of the above?
a2citrix

Postby Rod » May 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm

No hills whatsoever unless 2 buried dead bodies count. Just kidding! It is flat as a pancake though.

It's very tight in the first section. So you don't move very fast at all. The back section opens up but you still don't move all that fast. 5.5 miles from parking lot through loops and back. May be a bit muddy in spots but nothing to worry about.

Come and try it out, not the most thrilling trail but it's best for night riding for first timers and those that want to scare the pants off themselves (very spooky when dark). Also good for a I need a quick trail fix ride.

What time are you coming out?

Rod
Rod

finally made it down

Postby WishIcouldcatchmybreath » June 10th, 2004, 7:14 am

I finally had the chance to make it down to Monroe to ride Munson. That's a great little trail down there! Other than my host, Rob from Jack's Bikes, the only person I saw out there was a jogger. I don't think it was because of the heat, because there were plenty of kids on bikes along the River Raisin....perhaps it was the mosquitoes? I only stopped once, and almost got carried away by those buggers :shock: I knew I was in trouble when Rob pulled out a long sleeve jacket and mosquito netting for his head! He swears they'll be gone as the area dries out.

The trail definitely didn't like the spring rains we've had, but it is drying out very nicely (it didn't rain there yesterday like it did in the Detroit area). There are only soft spots left, no real mud, and those spots are scattered. I'd say the trail is 90+% dry. There is one tree down in the first section that has logs piled in front of it, but has nothing on the backside - hopefully this will get made into a legitimate log pile during the trail day this weekend :D ; I think if constructed properly this would be in keeping with the overall flavor of that part of the trail.
WishIcouldcatchmybreath

Postby April » July 1st, 2004, 5:03 pm

Anyone been out there recently? I am taking a new rider there tomorrow evening (Firday July2) around 6pm. Any mud?
Thanks!
April
"the race goes not always to the swift.... but to those who keep running"
April

Postby wdfaRacing » July 5th, 2004, 11:11 am

I went there Saturday morning...after running a firecracker mile in Clawson :D ....there were a couple muddy patches early on, but for the most part it was dry.
"Forged in Iron, Built to Destroy"
--SDMF, WDFA--
wdfaRacing

Postby nathann » August 6th, 2004, 9:31 am

I was there thursday.

trail is a little wet but nothing you could not avoid.
nathann

Postby ®andyA » August 11th, 2004, 9:05 am

Rode Munson last night (10-Aug-04) with a great group. Trail was in great shape. A few soft/tacky spots and no sand (as I've become accustomed to in many other trails I've ridden :P ). Definitely a trail to bring the skeeter juice. We had rather cool temperatures last night, but the skeeters were still out in great numbers.
®andyA

Munson park conditions

Postby cone of confusion » December 16th, 2004, 9:30 am

Hi everybody, rode at Munson park on 12/15/04 and the trail was finally FROZEN...unlike the three inches of mud just last week! The trail has numerous deadfall branches and a new fallen tree that has been built up as a stunt or ramp to go over ...pretty cool !! : :D
See you on the trails,Brian
cone of confusion

Postby froggyrider » December 28th, 2004, 12:34 pm

Hi, Has anyone been out there since the new snow? We are thinking of going out there tomorrow, but we don't want to Hike a Bike again. Thanks!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Rod » December 28th, 2004, 12:56 pm

Give the shop a call, they should know. 734-242-1400. I haven't been out here since the 21st.
Rod

Postby froggyrider » December 28th, 2004, 1:13 pm

The shop got feedback from a few riders- one said if you run 18-30 PSI, it can be done, but it was difficult. One who ran it higher could not ride at all. The shop said it was still kind of bad, but if you are hard core, it can be done. I can feel my legs and lungs burning already!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Rod » December 28th, 2004, 4:20 pm

Awesome! Have a good time!
Rod

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments