NMMBA: Hanson Hills

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northern: Hanson Hills

Postby froggyrider » August 17th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Rode the trail for the first time. Fun! We only did the original loop-no time for the outer, new one as well. Overall the sand was not too bad, but it kept you on your toes. FYI, the marker #3 sign post was down. We propped it up against a tree. The trail marking was great, by the way.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby northernrider05 » April 13th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Hanson in good shape rode the main loop the other day.
"Bicycles may change,but cycling is timeless."
-Zapata Espinoza
northernrider05

Postby detroitjohnny » April 14th, 2011, 5:25 am

northernrider05 wrote:Hanson in good shape rode the main loop the other day.

Definitely agree. Rode there yesterday for the first time this year. Trail is in great shape, people have been out working cutting the downed trees and re-routing some short sections. Good work!!!

Now, my fitness on the other hand. . . . . :shock:
go ride.
detroitjohnny

Postby mxsimps » May 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Rode the main loop and ignored the caution tape and markings for the endurance setup. The trail was excellent, the rain over the weekend really helped keep the trail fast.
mxsimps

Postby Davidpeckjr » June 26th, 2011, 7:17 pm

I took some picture of the Outer loop I rode on the 26th of June 2011. you can see them here...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... ee41eb9926. I would like some feedback as well! hope you like them! I have a GPS track as well for Google Earth! http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.p ... ost1429153
2013 Miles (29er mnt=0, road=0) ('86 Schwinn=0)
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby JonathanGennick » August 6th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Rode the Outer Loop today. Really enjoyed it. There is a tree down that hangs across the trail at about four feet off the ground. It's where the Outer Loop first comes within sight of the highway, before you get to that one, high-up overlook. It is too large for me to have moved it myself. It's too low to duck under unless I'm riding my 20-incher (LOL!). I didn't have a saw w/me. And I'm heading north at dawn tomorrow, otherwise I'd offer to help cut it out.

Nice trail system, btw. I always enjoy riding it on my yearly trips to Grayling.
JonathanGennick

Postby detroitjohnny » August 6th, 2011, 7:19 pm

I noticed that tree and at least one other when I rode out there earlier this week. Anyway, I really like the trail re-routes and new ending runs.

Great trail system!!
go ride.
detroitjohnny

Postby froggyrider » August 16th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Rode the outer loop- you guys have done a lot of work to put in all those miles! Not too sandy, but as it is still new in some sections, it was squishy. We saw one tree down- I think it was the same as the guy posted on August 8th. This is a trail for those who want to work on climbing!!!
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Mack » October 21st, 2011, 8:39 am

Rode the yellow loop Tuesday morning 2 trees down 1st one at 2.47 miles and the 2nd at 3.77 miles. The trail
is riding a litle slow right now. The Grayling and Kalkaska area has had alot of rain and wind lately which
brought down 90-95% of the leaves. Most of the trail is covered in wet leaves and it can be a little tricky seeing
the roots and rocks. I had a couple close calls but overall it was a great ride. Still one of my favorite trail systems
in Michigan.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby Alexg » December 7th, 2011, 10:40 am

I see they are going to start their snow guns tonight. Will that affect the mtb trails? I
Going upnorth this weekend and hoping to ride there.
Alexg

Postby Alexg » December 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Rode Hanson Hills today. Not a bad ride considering the snow. Obviously not setting a PR today but still fun to get out and ride. If your in the Grayling area and dying to ride, head on out to Hanson Hills.

Heres a pic http://t.co/omanYwc0
Alexg

Postby c0nsumer » December 17th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Alexg wrote:Rode Hanson Hills today. Not a bad ride considering the snow. Obviously not setting a PR today but still fun to get out and ride. If your in the Grayling area and dying to ride, head on out to Hanson Hills.

Heres a pic http://t.co/omanYwc0

That looks like perfect light snow single track conditions. I love trail like that.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Re: NMMBA: Hanson Hills

Postby werne1nm » March 13th, 2012, 7:17 pm

How's the conditions with all this warm whether this week?
werne1nm

Postby detroitjohnny » March 13th, 2012, 8:58 pm

we still have plenty of snow left on the ground. might be clear next week.

maybe.
go ride.
detroitjohnny

Postby Mack » March 13th, 2012, 9:42 pm

detroitjohnny wrote:we still have plenty of snow left on the ground. might be clear next week.

maybe.

You are kidding right. At our place on Manistee Lake which is in Kalkaska, from what im told we still have
3+ feet on the ground and we were just up there last weekend when we got snowed in. Granted it will melt fast
this time of year, but I wouldn't count on next weekend.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions