NMMBA: Hanson Hills

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby malaca » July 30th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Had my first ride ever at Hanson today. Trail is alot of fun, makes me wish that I lived closer. Was told to definately try here by a guy at the Bicycle Shop in Grayling, and some folks here, and I'm glad I did. The gravity descent near the end scared the beejabbers out of me.
malaca

Postby dmphoto » September 2nd, 2007, 8:57 pm

Rode here the of August...great fun....great work out.....great trail! Keep up the good work Justin!
dmphoto

Postby MTB23 » November 8th, 2007, 1:14 pm

Trail is in great fall condition. Lots of leaves, makes it a little slippery, but still great as usual. Get out and enjoy before the snow flies.
"If ya aint first, yer last"-Ricky Bobby
MTB23

Boyne Mountain - Trail Update

Postby sport1121 » April 7th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Was the trail update, updated last fall. I noticed they had Boyne Mountain Open, that must be a typo, since i just skied there yesterday. If you are out riding, watch for the snowboarders. :)

Based on my knowledge and this winter, and i may not be the brightest guy but everything is still closed. Maybe if it doesn't rain and go below freezing for a week we can probably open some of the trails.

Remember Road riding shouldn't begin until JUNE :).
That's How I Roll!!!!
sport1121

Postby skiracer » April 13th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Rode Hanson Hills today. The snow is totally gone except where you cross the XC ski trails. A few trees need removing from the trail, but otherwise everything is in great shape.
skiracer

Postby Nelg » April 28th, 2008, 6:50 pm

Trail is in great shape and needs the re-routes ridden in. Go out there and enjoy!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Updated Trail Map on www.hansonhills.org site...

Postby HansonHills » April 30th, 2008, 11:29 am

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to let you know that there are updated trail maps on the hanson hills website www.hansonhills.org. Also (mental note) there is no hunting allowed.. Trail work is beginning on our new outer loop. Plans are to have a new section in by the end of the summer.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
HansonHills

Postby Nelg » May 26th, 2008, 8:30 pm

The re-route is getting ridden in nicely and despite a couple sections forming some deep braking bumps the trail is on good shape. Get out there and ride it!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby npond » July 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Rode Hanson Hills today and conditions were near perfect. No wet spots to speak of.
npond

Postby BLOOMIS914 » July 20th, 2008, 10:46 pm

I will be riding this trail on Sunday, 7/27....Can anyone give me an update on trail conditions or the status of the new sections that are discussed a couple posts back?

I am really looking forward to riding here, I just hope the weather holds out through Sunday....Supposed to be great all week starting Tuesday and into the weekend.

Thanks.
"Speed doesn't kill, it is the sudden stop that gets you"
BLOOMIS914

Postby mmba7275 » July 21st, 2008, 6:06 am

Trail conditions and re-routes are still in great shape!! We're only have about 1/3 of the new loop completed....but hope to have it ALL in by Bike Fest time :D Have a great ride!!
mmba7275

Postby G.Cook » August 1st, 2008, 5:55 pm

Rode this past week and I have to say , it is one of the best built sustainable trails I have had the oportunity to ride (Milford being the other) . The Northern Chapter did this working in SANDY/LOOMY soil . :shock: 8)
Side slope construction , gentle turning curves , and classic singletrack trail tred where possible . Just outstanding trail work all around .
Thanks Northern Chapter for some great work and some fun riding .
Hope I can make it to the Bike Fest !
G.Cook

Postby mmba7275 » August 1st, 2008, 7:42 pm

You are welcome G.COOK :D
Hope to see you at the Bike Fest!!
mmba7275

hansin hills trail

Postby sparky » August 4th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Rode HH for the first time this past Sunday. Great trail for escaping from civilization! You folks have done a nice job. I will certainly be back!

Sparky
sparky

hanson trail

Postby prichards » August 11th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Why the closure of section 4 to 7?
prichards

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions