NMMBA: Hanson Hills

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby northernrider05 » March 27th, 2007, 8:10 pm

Warm weather over the last 4 day has melted all the snow on the trail at Hanson Hills the trail is in great shape I did a few laps tonight, only one small downed tree that is rideable
"Bicycles may change,but cycling is timeless."
-Zapata Espinoza
northernrider05

Postby discowheelie » March 29th, 2007, 9:46 am

ridin' this afternoon, if'n any a all y'all is interested. 3:30-3:45 in the parkin' lot. Be there with your back hair.
never underestimate the power of denial
discowheelie

Postby MTB23 » March 29th, 2007, 9:48 am

Havent even ridden the bike this year yet. Kinda scared, first time out last year and I broke my *beep* thumb. Ill be out there this week end though. I get a whole 13 days away frm school. *beep* YEAH!!!! :twisted:
"If ya aint first, yer last"-Ricky Bobby
MTB23

Postby MTB23 » March 29th, 2007, 9:51 am

I know that there gonna be a small group out there at about 5 ish. I cant make it though, goin ta pick up my new JEEP. Sweet
MTB23

Postby northernrider05 » April 10th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Hanson Hills is good shape to ride again , did my first ss ride of the year tonight, some snow in dark areas but all of it is rideable
-Zapata Espinoza
northernrider05

Postby MTB23 » May 4th, 2007, 11:24 am

Hanson Hills is in near perfect conditions. Get out and enjoy the sun and warmth this weekend!!!
MTB23

Postby mtbyker » May 25th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Rode HH for the first time since last year, first time I had taken the re-route near the end that used to go straight down and stright up again-Good job! I liked that old down and up but this is even better. It's hard to believe this is the same place that used to be known for sandy dowwnhills and short little singletrack pieces. Even after a dry spell the trail was in near perfect shape today. Can't wait until next week's race!!
Kwitchyerbellyakin. -- Irish saying

http://stores.ebay.com/mtbyker-bikes-and-parts
mtbyker

xterra training

Postby jackson » May 25th, 2007, 7:55 pm

hey, is anyone looking for training partners for any xterra's? i live and work in the grand rapids area.
jackson

Postby Guppie » May 25th, 2007, 8:10 pm

I rode this trail for the first time in last years race. Coming up tomorrow to pre-ride. Is the race trail different than the 'normal' everyday trail?
Guppie

Postby mtbyker » May 25th, 2007, 8:41 pm

Guppie wrote:I rode this trail for the first time in last years race. Coming up tomorrow to pre-ride. Is the race trail different than the 'normal' everyday trail?

Last year the race course didn't include the extension pieces. Just follow the race course from last year and you'll be fine, but if you take one of the extensions by mistake you just add a little singletrack. The trail is a little different just before the last downhill switchback, but it's easy to follow.....

mtbyker

Postby Guppie » May 25th, 2007, 8:45 pm

how do I distinguish the extension from the regular trail. Don't remember the trail to well. I think I heard the extension is on the left, correct?
Guppie

Postby mtbyker » May 25th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Guppie wrote:how do I distinguish the extension from the regular trail. Don't remember the trail to well. I think I heard the extension is on the left, correct?

About a mile into the race you will make it to the top of the climb (finally!), stay left there-don't take the trail to the right (same as last year). Then, much later, there will be a sign that says "Outer Extension", skip that (that is the one to the left you mentioned). A little ways past that you come to a place where the trail goes to the left and to the right, go to the left, it winds around and briings you back to that same spot eventaully, but that is in the race course. Everything else should be pretty easy. I wish I could give a better description but I only ride there a few times a year myself.......

mtbyker

Postby northernrider05 » May 25th, 2007, 9:15 pm

It depends on which loop they pick this year, for the 12 hour race last fall we did the newer outer loop, which is about 10.2 miles, last years june course was around 9 miles,

I would just ride all loops do your first lap by doing all the extensions, which means going left at the options,

A few of us ride the trail every wednesday around 6:30pm if you care to join us,
-Zapata Espinoza
northernrider05

Postby northernrider05 » June 12th, 2007, 6:35 am

Hanson hills is in good shape since the race earlier this month, only a few railroad track areas remain
-Zapata Espinoza
northernrider05

Postby ldeyoung » July 28th, 2007, 7:56 pm

We had a wonderful ride at Hanson Hills on Friday evening! As someone who's not great at hills, the first few miles were challenging but I really enjoyed the flow of the trail once my legs and lungs remembered how to work. It was our first ride there, and my husband I both agreed we'd be back!
ldeyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions