NMMBA: Hanson Hills

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

NMMBA: Hanson Hills

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:35 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Hanson Hills in Grayling
Todd Scott

Postby weswatt » March 22nd, 2004, 5:38 pm

It was rather good for xc skiing on the 3-13-04.
weswatt

Postby camino350man » May 24th, 2004, 3:55 pm

i was thinking about preriding hanson hills this coming weekend. does anyone knowif the trails are in a ridable condition.
*beep* happens.
camino350man

Postby mtbyker » May 30th, 2004, 6:15 am

Rode Hansen Hills Fri. May,28 and the trails were perfect. The new trails are a little soft, but still very enjoyable..........
mtbyker

Postby HansonHills » June 7th, 2004, 11:26 am

Two Tracks, have been re-routed!! About 3 miles of new single-track has been added, extending our trail system from 6 miles to 8.4. This weekends Hanson Hills Challenge MTB race has really broken the trail in nice..
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
HansonHills

Postby SPAMINATOR » July 6th, 2004, 4:44 pm

More awsome new trails with plenty more to follow...
Spam, the food of the HCP, where the weak are killed and eaten.
SPAMINATOR

Trail Conditions

Postby HansonHills » April 18th, 2005, 11:27 am

Hey everyone!! Trails are great here!! We have been working hard to clear all the debris from the trails, all trails are open.... You can check out current trail conditions and other Mt. Biking/Running/Skiing events at www.hansonhills.org.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
HansonHills

STATE COON HUNT MAY 27-29, 2005

Postby HansonHills » May 19th, 2005, 11:10 am

Hello, everyone!! I just wanted to inform all riders who are planning on comming up to Grayling to ride Hanson Hills Single Track on May 27-29 that there will be a State Coon Hunt (Dog Show/event/) at Hanson Hills. The traditional Starting area will be closed off for the Houndsmen's field trial area.. Please Respect their event. If you still wish to access the trail please follow the 2 track that is located behind the lodge.

P.S. Watch out for the Dog POO!!

Thanks everyone!! Sorry for the inconvienence..

Justin Andre
HansonHills

Postby petefavata » May 27th, 2005, 4:07 pm

So Hanson Hills is open to riding at all times? Is it free or do you have to pay? I was thinking of pre-riding this weekend if possible.
petefavata

Postby alden » May 27th, 2005, 6:34 pm

petefavata wrote:So Hanson Hills is open to riding at all times? Is it free or do you have to pay? I was thinking of pre-riding this weekend if possible.

Pete, I'll be riding Hanson tomorrow around 4:00. Maybe I'll see ya out there?
i'm only nice to people i don't like

"you are accustomed to dropping a duex in your pants."--singletrack mind

"wtf is a duex anyway?!?!"--me
alden

Postby alden » May 30th, 2005, 10:10 am

I rode the trails yesterday! Wow! What an awesome ride! Nice singletrack that goes up and down, up and down. Super fun! Great job to all the people that cut and maintain the trails! :D A definite must stop ride on the way up north! I'll be back! 8)
i'm only nice to people i don't like

"you are accustomed to dropping a duex in your pants."--singletrack mind

"wtf is a duex anyway?!?!"--me
alden

Postby SPAMINATOR » May 31st, 2005, 8:22 am

Hello Pete,
Hanson Hills is always open. They have a donation tube if you want to contribute your next ride. :)
SPAMINATOR

Great job!

Postby galiebyrd » June 20th, 2005, 7:56 am

I have not ridden the Hanson Hills trails in a couple of years. Wow! What a nice surprise. You folks building and maintaining these trails are to be commended. For anyone visiting the trails, be sure to drop a little something in the donation tube at the trailhead.
galiebyrd

Postby hippymtnbkr » June 23rd, 2005, 2:44 pm

While up north on vacation this past week,my girlfriend and I stopped and took a ride at Hanson Hills. Great trail,but could have used a trail map in a couple of sections. Took one fork the wrong way and ended up on the beginner loop. Had to backtrack a bit to get on main trail. Took another fork,and went from marker 4 all the way to 7. Didn't want to waste another half hour trying to see where the other trail went. If there would be some explenation or map posted at the juction..........even post on at the trailhead. When I opened the trail map box,it was crammed with aplacations for the bike fest.
hippymtnbkr

Postby SPAMINATOR » June 23rd, 2005, 2:57 pm

:cry: Sorry for your mapping difficulties hippymtnbkr. We had signs and "you are here" maps posted at every intersection however through either the weather or people wanting "souveniers" most have disappeared. Hopefully by years' end we will have them placed again and in a more permanent fashion. :) :)

Thank you for your comments. Please visit us again! :D
SPAMINATOR

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments