Poto: Heritage Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Heritage Park

Postby ChrisInYpsi » May 24th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Rode thru Heritage today. Some really fun sections of this trail but I get frustrated trying to find my way sometimes with the sparse markings and many intersections. I tried to follow the map I dug up last year but it didn't seem to show all the trails and it started causing more confusion. So I just rode around and selected turns as best I could to see as much of the trails as possible. Ended up having a good ride - I just need to get here more often to get to know it better.

Skeeters are starting to come out already. Bring spray.

No real trail obstructions that I encountered other than a tangle of decent sized trees on one of the trails right behind the nature center. Will need a chainsaw to clear.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby Steve_Balogh » July 6th, 2014, 4:38 pm

First warm ride of the year today at Adrian. Noticed a lot more "forks" in the trail than I remember. Looks like something was rerouted down by the gate where the frisbee golf parking is. Nice ride, only had a couple issues - the far west loop is so overgrown at one point I turned around. Watch out for large spiders there :shock: The steep downhill after that free ride platform immediately goes up into a climb, where it looks like someone shaved off a good portion of the trail down the right side, or that's just heavy erosion from rain. May need to be bench-cut deeper. I took that downhill a bit fast making the climb a bit unsteady and I had to stop when I came to that eroded spot.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Steve_Balogh » May 30th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Staying dry in Adrian. Fair warning and spray up. Removed a couple reddish brown ticks off of me. They don't like Natrapel :)
Steve_Balogh

Postby tigers7304 » November 7th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Got back out to the trail last weekend. The trails have been updated dramatically. New post marking three different trails is a huge improvement. There are a couple new sections that really spice it up overall. Cant wait to get back on there again!!
tigers7304

Postby Steve_Balogh » December 21st, 2015, 12:47 am

A bit late, but on Saturday I rode Adrian expecting snow, total opposite, 95% of the trail was perfectly dry. Only wet spots were a few low lying areas one would normally expect to find wet

Appears I spooked a young couple who thought they found a secluded parking spot. Bad idea as it was alongside the paved part of the trail behind the barn. They quickly put back on some of their clothes and booked out of the park.
Steve_Balogh

Postby joelkennard » January 5th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Had a great time riding Heritage Park today. The last time I rode it (as i recall it was maybe 2005) all I remember was it being poorly marked, and sandy. Today, in the middle of winter - the exact opposite. Each trail was well marked and while the conditions varied it was really enjoyable. This trail is a hidden gem. To whomever is working tirelessly to mark and maintain the trials - keep it up!
joelkennard

Postby tmb » January 6th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! Our small volunteer crew has put in countless hours this year to get the trail into the condition we always knew it could be! A new map kiosk will be installed in the Stubnitz parking lot in the spring and we already have a few projects lined up for further improvement.

T
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby JeeperJay » July 16th, 2016, 11:09 am

I just finished riding Heritage for the first time this year and i just want to give a huge thank you to the volunteers who installed all the signage and to whoever fixed the wooden bridge section . The trail is now very well marked and easy to follow. Trail is in great shape and very fun. If you are in the northwest ohio or southeast Michigan area give it a try! Thanks again
Jay
JeeperJay

Postby tmb » July 17th, 2016, 9:09 pm

Thanks Jay!

I'm not even sure how to calculate the hours that have gone in to getting the trails to where they are now but I think we've got a pretty good system down and hope to stay on top of the progress we've made.

Last year we installed 115 sign posts, laying out 5 separate trails. The longest being 8.8mi and the shortest at .5mi. If you can't find your way around this park now, there's no hope for you :wink: .

I was hoping the new map kiosks would be installed by now but life happens, the good news is that final approval on the artwork was given and the map board should be in our hands in 3wks. 10,000(yes 10,000!) trifold brochures have already been printed and we've been handing them out to all interested. The new kiosks will have brochure holders that we will do our best to keep stocked.

We also have a CAD PDF file that we can share with anyone who wants it, just shoot me an email at tblumerick@gmail.com

This has truly been a team effort so many thanks to my fellow Magically Done Crew members Wendy, Mike, Dylan and Jeff. Also thanks to Tom with the running club, Ted at the YMCA, Rachel at United Way, and Todd Brown at the City of Adrian.

Feel free to hit me with any questions.

T
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby JeeperJay » July 30th, 2016, 8:22 am

There is a large tree down between post 26 and 27. Its in a downhill section and about waist high. be careful[THUMBS UP SIGN]
JeeperJay

Postby tmb » July 30th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Downed tree has been cleared! Glad to see our numbering system is coming in handy!
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions