Mid-State: Heritage Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Heritage Park

Postby ChrisInYpsi » May 24th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Rode thru Heritage today. Some really fun sections of this trail but I get frustrated trying to find my way sometimes with the sparse markings and many intersections. I tried to follow the map I dug up last year but it didn't seem to show all the trails and it started causing more confusion. So I just rode around and selected turns as best I could to see as much of the trails as possible. Ended up having a good ride - I just need to get here more often to get to know it better.

Skeeters are starting to come out already. Bring spray.

No real trail obstructions that I encountered other than a tangle of decent sized trees on one of the trails right behind the nature center. Will need a chainsaw to clear.
ChrisInYpsi

Re: Mid-State: Heritage Park

Postby Steve_Balogh » July 6th, 2014, 4:38 pm

First warm ride of the year today at Adrian. Noticed a lot more "forks" in the trail than I remember. Looks like something was rerouted down by the gate where the frisbee golf parking is. Nice ride, only had a couple issues - the far west loop is so overgrown at one point I turned around. Watch out for large spiders there :shock: The steep downhill after that free ride platform immediately goes up into a climb, where it looks like someone shaved off a good portion of the trail down the right side, or that's just heavy erosion from rain. May need to be bench-cut deeper. I took that downhill a bit fast making the climb a bit unsteady and I had to stop when I came to that eroded spot.
Steve_Balogh

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments