Mid-State: Heritage Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby tmb » August 21st, 2006, 11:38 pm

victors-

May be getting a few people together for a ride on Sat afternoon, something around 1-1:30. I'd be happy to show you around.

The best place to park is by the Stubnitz Center. When you enter the park, hang to the left and go past the softball diamonds. Then take the right at the fork, there's a sign for the center.

There's not a really good cohesive loop marked out but it's a small park and tough to get too lost.

Shoot me a pm if you want to be in on Sat's ride.

Todd
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby victors » August 22nd, 2006, 8:41 pm

tmb,

Thanks for the offer but I will be out of town on Saturday so I can't make it. We'll have to reschedule for another time. I have to tell you, I am just a beginning mountain biker, so I have very little experience and my bike isn't the best. It would definitely be cool if you would show me around the trail sometime though.

Victors
victors

Postby SS Gregg » September 14th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Most of this trail has been mowed and is clear and ready to ride. There are still a couple of overgrown spots in the freeride park and down Eagle-Heritage, and a downed tree in the freeride area. We should be able to care care of these final areas within the next couple of weeks.
SS Gregg

Postby Schaarschmidt » November 26th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Rode the trails on Saturday. No problems to report.
Schaarschmidt

Postby victors » August 28th, 2007, 7:44 am

Rode Heritage Park on Sunday. At the start, it wasn't too bad, a couple of trees down and some face slappers, but as I got into it more it got badly overgrown. Took a spill a couple of times. The meadow area was water soaked. Needs to be mowed and cleared after all of the rain we have gotten.
victors

Postby kleinrider » December 27th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Went out with TMB and Rumsey on the 26th. The trail was a little greasy in some spots, a little snowy in some spots and we stayed away from all the low stuff. But the trail is definitley ridable. The new trail by the rock garden is a nice addition also.
kleinrider

Sunday

Postby Steve_Balogh » May 4th, 2008, 4:56 pm

I was out there in Adrian today, the trail was in pretty good shape, the "swamp" section was mushy but I could ride most of it. Where I had to step off I did not get my feet wet. I saw lots of new re-routes and "freerider" sections I had never seen before. I had trouble finding my way around by the ridge section near the rock garden, I ended up in the frisbee golf course. I know the return route, so I just cut across where I know the trail returns, rode it backwards to see how what connects where. I believe I ended up riding every section of trail in that spot, quite a maze. Afterwards I went to Brighton.
Steve_Balogh

Sunday Trail Conditions

Postby Blahmonkey » May 4th, 2008, 11:15 pm

I was out there, too, today. It was fun. The swampy area was a little much, but the rest of the trail was nice. Someone went through and cleaned up and added more trail. I happened to speak with that person after my ride and he said to feel free to come out and work on the trail. No permission required. Just make sure you know what you're doing. He also mentioned that there is a race this next Saturday so feel free to show up. I don't know the details, but I will try to find out. He did a really good job at the sections that he worked on. I was pleasantly surprised! It definitely will get me to go out there more often! I took some pics that I will post later.
Blahmonkey

Postby SS Gregg » May 6th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Ya, lets not get started on the bandit trail building. Better to get permission and to do any trail construction throught the MMBA and the City of Adrian. Not sure who you spoke with, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't just come out and build trail. We are in the process of getting a GPS map of the park and any rogue trails won't help that effort. If you're looking to help, please contact me.
SS Gregg

Do Not Avoid

Postby z_ries » June 4th, 2008, 10:12 pm

I ride the Heritage Park Trail a few times a week. This is not a trail that should be avoided. There may be some areas that have over grown weeds, however the good far out weighs the bad. This trail is fun and somewhat challenging for someone who does not ride often. I know that I find myself wore out from the constant uphill climbs that I come across.

Again I just want to remind everyone that this trail is overall a good trail to ride and should not necessarily be avoided if you are in the area.
z_ries

Postby SS Gregg » June 5th, 2008, 8:46 am

Glad you enjoy it! Do you have any trouble getting around to all of the trail sections? That seems to be the complaint. We are working with the City on re-routing some trail that has been determined to be on private ground and then adding the trail to a GPS map they are working on at this time. More info on the map and a trail day to work on signage to come. . .

pm me your contact info if you want to know about trail work day plans.
SS Gregg

Postby z_ries » June 5th, 2008, 11:04 am

Yeah it is rough to get around to all the sections. They are not very well marked, making it difficult. The map at the Stubnitz Center doesn't really help that much either, because by the time you get out there, there is nothing showing where to go.
z_ries

Postby blacksword » June 19th, 2008, 11:25 pm

going to be in the area of heritage on thursday the 26th of June, looking for someone who would like to play tour guide for me. I am riding across the state with the PALM tour and will be away from the computer most of the week. Ill check in here before leaving on saturday.

Only thing is Im not sure on times, but If its middle day- Ill just muddle around by myself for awhile, since I saw its a small park and you cant get too lost.
In transition to the northland.
The content of my posts are not the opinions of the MMBA, and should not be construed as such
blacksword

Postby nutzy8 » August 12th, 2008, 6:11 pm

im going to be out in adrian in a few weeks im from california and i love riding my mountain bike is this a place to ride or has it been deserted i hope not because i am bringing my hard tail out and i really want to keep riding
nutzy8

Postby z_ries » August 13th, 2008, 8:53 am

Trail is good to ride. They have been doing a good job marking the trail. I was out last week and the trail was marked with pink ribbon to show where to go. There are some places overgrown but you can find other stuff to ride.
z_ries

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments