Mid-State: Heritage Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Heritage Park

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:34 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Heritage Park in Adrian
Todd Scott

Current trail conditions

Postby SS Gregg » March 30th, 2004, 10:09 am

Most of Heritaqe Park is dry and open. Avoid the low areas (anywhere you leave an imprint), i.e., Eagle Heriitage trail, the swamp, the ramped section, etc.

The City is clearing some trees from the section surrounded by the driveway, but the project is mostly done. Watch for downed trees, sticks and debris in that area.

There are 2-3 downed trees that will be removed soon.
SS Gregg

Park Open and cleared

Postby SS Gregg » July 28th, 2004, 8:48 am

We were able to clear this trail which had been taken over by the vegitation. There are still a couple of spots where the nasty nettles need to be cut back or destroyed. Those suckas burn!

All of the downed trees should have been removed. More mowing may also need to be done. I was not able to get though all of the trail, so some spots may still be tight.

Post here if you feel there are remaining or particular bad spots, or that things have gotten bad again, generally. I haven't been trail riding much this summer, and don't expect to until fall.

Overall, it is ready for riding again. I'd expect that the ramp/technical section is overgrown still, but we'll get to it soon.
I just want to live the life I please.
I don't want no enemies.
I don't want nothin' if I have to fake it.

--Lucinda Williams
SS Gregg

Postby tmb » July 28th, 2004, 4:32 pm

Gregg
Can I go out on my own & do some trimming? I should have some time during the day next week.

Todd
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby SS Gregg » July 29th, 2004, 11:27 am

No problem, Todd. We're riding out there tonight at 6:00 p.m. if you can make it. Otherwise, I'll post what else needs to be done after we survey the whole trail.
I don't want no enemies.

--Lucinda Williams
SS Gregg

Postby SS Gregg » July 30th, 2004, 12:34 pm

Most of the trail is clear now, and the race markings are all down. The ramped area is very overgrown, there are a ton of nettles in the swampy woods by the flying field, and one section of the north end of the park past the ball diamonds (between the field and driveway) still needs to be cut back. I'll check early next week to see if we can get the brush hog down those sections.

Aside from that, the various singletrack areas behind the Stubniz parking lot could use a walk-through with the clippers to get the rest of the prickers that seemed to have grown everywhere this year. If you could hit those, that would be a big help.
I don't want no enemies.

--Lucinda Williams
SS Gregg

Postby tmb » July 30th, 2004, 7:49 pm

cool... I should have some time weds. afternoon.
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby tmb » August 23rd, 2004, 9:20 pm

Finally got out there & put my weed-eater to work. Three hours later and the tech section is open for business.

Gregg- I rode the rest of the trail, nice job. Pretty much every thing was cut back out of the way.
Who do we need to talk w/ about building a few more tech pieces, there are a couple of large downed trees that are screaming to be included in the fun!

Todd
Mom & Pop Racing
tmb

Postby Lefty 55 » April 2nd, 2005, 2:51 pm

Rode the trail Friday evening and it really looks good. the section between the roads is clean. The swamp area is rideable, but the ramped area is its usual slushy state. I didn't go near the trail on the other side of the RC field as this time of year would be a mud bog. Big Bertha is waiting for you.
Lefty 55

[color=red]Beware of low wet spots, but BOMB bertha.[/color]

Postby hunt3180 » April 29th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Trails were great today. rode mid-morning had a blast. I love big bertha she makes it worth all the work. however, low river side trails are sketchy at times.... I actually had to shoulder my bike for a bout 80 yards and walk. Thick Black swamp mud if you know what i mean. bring a blanket if you transport you bike inside your vehicle. I had to learn the hard way. Happy trails!
::: - ::: "As soon as your born you start dyin'

so you might as well have a good time." ::: - :::

| BY CAKE | -- Live HAPPY! \\ Live FREE! --

--:: Hunt3180 :: -
hunt3180

Postby discgolferlee » August 2nd, 2005, 12:27 am

started riding recently and am looking for people to ride heritage during weekdays early afternoon or mornings. I don't know all the trails yet and have rode out there about 4 times and loved it. Where is this rock garden I hear people mention. I really like the ramps over downed trees and technical stuff like that and I couldn't find any of that out there yet. is it there or not. anybody riding out there please email me as i would like to meet up for a ride sometime. thanks Lee
lee.thomas@comcast.net
discgolferlee

Postby SS Gregg » August 23rd, 2005, 1:48 pm

Lee,

The ramped sections are off the gravel road leading out to the flying field. They are fairly overgrown now since they are not used as much as the rest of the trail.

The rock garden starts near the end of the Eagle Heritage trail, behind the barn and the tractor pull area.
I don't want no enemies.

--Lucinda Williams
SS Gregg

Recent Trail Work

Postby SS Gregg » August 29th, 2005, 8:14 am

Over the weekend, we had a group of college volunteers help us lay some gravel over geo-tech fabric in the worst areas of the Eagle-Heritage trail. That whole section was also mowed. While this is more of a quick fix, it should really help. It was pretty dry so we'll see how it holds up next spring.

The City was unwilling to pay the price of a boardwalk which it what we really wanted for the area. They spent $850,000 on a boardwalk in a park in town, and got this area repaired for a couple hundred bucks.

They did pony up around $800 worth of lumber for us to repair/rebuild some of the ramped sections later this fall.

The wider sections of trail should be getting mowed soon, and the big downed trees will be removed. Once the Chapter gets its new trimmer, we'll be able to mow the rest of the trail. As for ramping the recently fallen trees, they are in the "old lady" trail section which we want to keep free of the harder obstacles. We're trying to keep the ramped areas together in the same section so they are easily avoided.
I don't want no enemies.

--Lucinda Williams
SS Gregg

Postby thejode » January 22nd, 2006, 11:20 pm

Rode it today. Most of it is in very good condition for this time of year. Tacky with very little mud and I only saw one spot that was watery/under water.

I recommend this ride until the weather happens again.
thejode

Postby SS Gregg » January 23rd, 2006, 10:24 am

Glad you had a good ride. We must have just missed you. We were out there planning the new bridge crossing that we constructed over the weekend. We've made four sections, four foot wide (per City's request) and we'll use them to make an easy way across the water in the ramps section. That way, we can keep the challenging ramp that currently exists, and everyone is happy. We're gonna wait until the ground freezes to get the sections out there.

Watch out in the lower sections as the weather warms and the ground thaws.

With the acquisition of the DR trimmer, we should be able to keep the ramped section open all year (after spring thaw).
SS Gregg

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments