Mid-State: Ella Sharp

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby ChrisInYpsi » December 31st, 2014, 6:01 pm

Rode Ella Sharp today for the first time in a while. The new map was very helpful although I still got kerflustered at a few of the unmarked intersections.

Generally everything was in really good shape and I enjoyed the trails. Not sure why this park doesn't get more discussion here....

Although most loops were clear and well defined (many even had leaves cleared away) there were two that were a challenge. The Tunnel loop didn't appear to have much traffic and was tricky to navigate in a few spots. And Probert didn't seem to have any traffic since the leaves fell, and it was very difficult for me to follow at several points. Is that loop abandoned?
ChrisInYpsi

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby MLKuhl » January 1st, 2015, 10:40 am

I haven't been out there in awhile but I know a couple guys from the LBS, On two wheels , have been out there a quite a bit maintaining them. I'm pretty sure probert has somewhat been abandoned and I don't think tunnel gets much use as it seems to be one of the least favorites, usually a swamp due to it being low land.
Matt

'14 Soma Juice
MLKuhl

Postby mdcmoto » January 1st, 2015, 10:51 am

Tunnel and Probert loops are a couple of the loops we are planning on getting back to ridable conditions. Tunnel loop has been cleared of fallen trees recently. Probably won't get leaf blown until spring, same with Probert loop. Overgrowth needs to be knocked back also. Works in progress. I always tell people that when they come to an intersection with choices, always go with what flows best, no sudden 90 degree turns when the trail goes straight. Not 100% fool proof all the time.

We get out and do what we can so everyone and ourselves can enjoy the trails. More help is always welcomed if you can.

Thanks,
Mark
mdcmoto

Postby MLKuhl » April 5th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Swung by and tested out a couple trails on my ride today, hit museum and hedge row, both were in pretty good shape. Just a little tacky in few areas, not much debris at all other then leaves, even those weren't bad. I imagine some of the lower trails are still a bit muddy, won't be long and they should all be good.
Matt

'14 Soma Juice
MLKuhl

Postby mdcmoto » April 6th, 2015, 8:03 am

North, Driving Range and Museum loops got cleared yesterday afternoon. Hope to have the rest cleared in the next week or two.
mdcmoto

Postby mdcmoto » April 6th, 2015, 8:03 am

On Two Wheels Monday Night MTB Rides @ Ella Sharp Park start tonight (4-6-15) @ 6:30 pm. Meet at the Museum/Planetarium parking lot. No drop ride! Every ability is welcome! Come learn the trails!
mdcmoto

Postby MLKuhl » April 26th, 2015, 9:36 am

Rode North, driving range, hedgerow, school house & museum this morning. All were in really good shape, stopped and moved aside a few big branches but other than that smooth rolling! Should be good condition/weather for Monday evening group ride, gonna try to make it out.
Matt

'14 Soma Juice
MLKuhl

Postby Laser4G63 » July 28th, 2015, 7:25 am

Rode the Museum, School, Hedgerow and Golf Range trails on Sunday. I have to say, the trails aren't as bad as I imagined they would be. Going back out today to ride them all.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby mdcmoto » August 3rd, 2015, 8:09 am

The trails are in great shape. Join us Monday nights at 6:30, Museum parking lot, for the On Two Wheels group ride. No drop. We regroup after each section. A great way to learn the trails!

#4 needs to be trimmed back and Probert section is impassable.
mdcmoto

Postby dewmaster » August 20th, 2015, 11:29 am

As a heads up for anyone riding the North Trail, the first bridge was a bit crooked and seemed pretty unstable yesterday.
dewmaster

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments