Mid-State: Ella Sharp

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby Laser4G63 » June 6th, 2014, 9:01 am

carajean wrote:Hey new here dont know how a trail gets groomed. The Driving range point to point has some branches hanging low. My scalp caught some of them this morning :oops: I can help most morning before 3:30pm I work second shift.

Scalp? I hope you're wearing a helmet while out there.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby carajean » June 7th, 2014, 7:17 am

Yeah I was it just has a bunch of holes. The branch picked the perfect spot.

I road out there yesterday at the driving range point to point and looks like someone got rid of the low hanging stuff. Was a good ride overgrown in some areas but meh its the outdoors.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
carajean

Postby aarontriton » July 6th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Bridge is out on the north trails. It is there but it floated down 5 ft

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
14 Devinci Troy
aarontriton

Postby aarontriton » July 13th, 2014, 12:00 pm

Weed wacked north trail s while wife and kids cut down face slapper s spent 4 hours out there . Trails need a lot of work

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
14 Devinci Troy
aarontriton

Postby Laser4G63 » July 20th, 2014, 10:53 am

A couple of us (myself and Jake) cut back the overgrowth last year. While it helped, it was way too overwhelming for only a couple of people to do and I ended up injuring my hand/arm because of it. We even tried to get Cascades Cycling Club (who are supposed to be in charge of maintaining the trails) to lend a hand, but that ending up being a joke. The only way to do this is to gather a nice group together and tackle it in one day. This did happen a few years ago and was a great success, but that was the last (only?) time it happened.

Jackson has a nice gem in that park with those trails. It seems like the park is not at all interested in anyone maintaining those trails. Not the CCC or MMBA. This is the reason why I only ride there in the spring and fall. It is also why I cannot wait until the trails at Waterloo are complete and ready to ride.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby havlidan1 » July 22nd, 2014, 7:57 pm

Big thanks to whoever has put in trail work over the last week or so, many of the trails look a lot better.

Is anyone free Saturday? The tech loops need some love. I don't own any power tools so hopefully some can help out with a mower/weedwacker.
havlidan1

Postby havlidan1 » August 23rd, 2014, 4:21 pm

2nd bridge on the north loop is out, it looks like a tree fell on it and dislodged it slightly. Also a tree is down on the way into loop 1, right after the drop and before the sandy section. Didn't get a chance to ride many of the other trails
havlidan1

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments