Mid-State: Ella Sharp

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby ChrisInYpsi » December 31st, 2014, 6:01 pm

Rode Ella Sharp today for the first time in a while. The new map was very helpful although I still got kerflustered at a few of the unmarked intersections.

Generally everything was in really good shape and I enjoyed the trails. Not sure why this park doesn't get more discussion here....

Although most loops were clear and well defined (many even had leaves cleared away) there were two that were a challenge. The Tunnel loop didn't appear to have much traffic and was tricky to navigate in a few spots. And Probert didn't seem to have any traffic since the leaves fell, and it was very difficult for me to follow at several points. Is that loop abandoned?
ChrisInYpsi

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby MLKuhl » January 1st, 2015, 10:40 am

I haven't been out there in awhile but I know a couple guys from the LBS, On two wheels , have been out there a quite a bit maintaining them. I'm pretty sure probert has somewhat been abandoned and I don't think tunnel gets much use as it seems to be one of the least favorites, usually a swamp due to it being low land.
Matt
MLKuhl

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby mdcmoto » January 1st, 2015, 10:51 am

Tunnel and Probert loops are a couple of the loops we are planning on getting back to ridable conditions. Tunnel loop has been cleared of fallen trees recently. Probably won't get leaf blown until spring, same with Probert loop. Overgrowth needs to be knocked back also. Works in progress. I always tell people that when they come to an intersection with choices, always go with what flows best, no sudden 90 degree turns when the trail goes straight. Not 100% fool proof all the time.

We get out and do what we can so everyone and ourselves can enjoy the trails. More help is always welcomed if you can.

Thanks,
Mark
mdcmoto

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments