Mid-State: Ella Sharp

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby spwrozek » September 21st, 2010, 12:26 pm

I was going to come out yesterday but packing for Hawaii took too long. I plan to be back out on the 4th.
spwrozek

Postby MLKuhl » October 31st, 2010, 8:21 pm

Anyone know what shape the trails are in from the wind storms last week and if a fall clean-up is planned??
MLKuhl

Postby spwrozek » November 1st, 2010, 8:10 pm

Haven't been out there. Since no one showed up from the CCC for the spring one I highly doubt any trail work will happen this year. I am curious to see what happens next year. I cleared about half of the trail system myself and I think Jake did a bunch as well. I don't think either of us is going to be doing that next year unfortunately.
spwrozek

Postby MLKuhl » November 1st, 2010, 8:46 pm

What a shame, there's alot of potential there. Im gonna try and get out this weekend and see what I can do with a leaf blower.(weather permitting)
MLKuhl

Postby spwrozek » November 1st, 2010, 9:06 pm

preaching to the choir...
spwrozek

Postby Laser4G63 » November 10th, 2010, 8:51 am

Lots of leaves and sticks and a tree down. You know, the usual.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby MLKuhl » November 10th, 2010, 2:38 pm

I was planning on going out there last weekend to clean some of the trails but........ after spending all day picking up sticks and leaves in my yard saturday, I decided to go riding sunday. Where was the downed tree?
MLKuhl

Postby Laser4G63 » November 10th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Downed tree is before the 2nd bridge on the 1-4 trails. One of the bridges on the north is down too. Be aware of that when riding that trail. It's not too bad, just one end is in the stream.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby Laser4G63 » November 14th, 2010, 10:39 am

While out riding yesterday, someone was about to repair the downed bridge on the North trail. My second time around, they were just finishing up. I didn't ride the trail the second time, but he just said it was fixed.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby MLKuhl » November 16th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Rode most of the trails today, there not in too bad of shape. Sticks here and there but plenty of leaves so its pretty slick. Bridge on north is fixed and there is a widow maker over the trail right after first bridge on the small climb up. I stopped in time but could'nt unclip so over I went. It's a big tree so I dont think a small saw will do the job.
MLKuhl

Postby MLKuhl » November 17th, 2010, 6:13 am

err, make that the second bridge on north where the tree is down, not the first.
MLKuhl

Postby Laser4G63 » March 17th, 2011, 8:26 am

So, what are the odds that these trails are going to get any love this season?
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby jonw9 » March 17th, 2011, 8:42 am

Laser4G63 wrote:So, what are the odds that these trails are going to get any love this season?

Probably slim. We could discuss at the chapter meeting, but the current group "handling" the trail (can't recall the name) are really excited about the MMBA making it one of the chapter trails. So AFAIK, it is not a MMBA trail, and although we have some Jackson area members that do some work out there, I don't think there will be an official Mid-State trail day or organized effort.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby jake » March 17th, 2011, 12:30 pm

So, what are the odds that these trails are going to get any love this season?

Haha, now that's funny!! :D

But, seriously I would be willing to set something up however nobody ever shows up. I did over half the park last spring by myself. I have even contacted other groups in Jackson to try and get volunteers with no success. It's to bad for a city park to have that many trails and not have them utilizied to the fullest is a shame. There are just so many stupid dynamics that make it so difficult here.

If enough people show interest I will set something up for late April and contact as many other people as I can to try and make something happen out there. Otherwise its a deadfish.
jake

Postby dewey2 » March 29th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Jake, I'm new to this, but I would be willing to help. I mite be able to bring a helper or two also. Let me know.
Dewey
dewey2

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions