Mid-State: Ella Sharp

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Ella Sharp

Postby spwrozek » June 21st, 2010, 9:26 am

I should be out there tonight at some point. I am going to be picking up sticks and making down trees that need chainsawing. I then hope to get the saw out there tomorrow night or Wednesday.

There was three trees down around the park and I think there will be more in the woods. Plus I don't know if anyone else chainsawed the ones that were down.

I will report back tonight.
spwrozek

Postby spwrozek » June 21st, 2010, 9:27 pm

I got Museum and Schoolhouse cleaned up in the 2 hours I spent tonight. Museum has two sections of low branches. They will need some chainsaw action. one you can ride under but they are dead "widow maker" branches that are going to come down anyway and should just be sawed out. The other you might be able to ride under but I am thinking you will have to walk under it, needs a saw as well. On schoolhouse that one at the top of the first climb in the back still needs to be cut out. I got all the sticks off the trail, cleared a few small trees, took out most face slappers, some leg slappers still exist as a weed whacker is needed. So those two loops are good to go otherwise though. The path from schoolhouse down to tunnel is blocked off mostly by trees.

I hope to get back out there tomorrow and Wednesday to get through other loops. Let me know if anyone rides anything.
spwrozek

Postby spwrozek » June 22nd, 2010, 7:24 am

Lots of rain last night but not to windy. Hopefully a bunch more stuff did not come down.
spwrozek

Postby MLKuhl » June 29th, 2010, 10:01 am

trails are in good shape, just rode school house, muesuem, hedgerow,probert,driving range and north loop(still a little confusing to me). Kudos to all who cleaned up debris, there was alot of it. Couple notes: probert seems to have more glass on it everytime I ride it and climb on driving range washed out big time. Great morning for a ride!
MLKuhl

Postby Laser4G63 » June 29th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Just got back from riding in the park. The downed trees have been cleared. There were a few small trees that I shoved out of the way. Quite a bit of washout on some parts of the trails as a result there are some deep ruts and a lot of sand. Some overgrowth and poison ivy. Overall, not too bad. The only trail I didn't go on was the tunnel, so I don't know what kind of shape that's in. Hopefully if the forecast holds, all the trails should dry nicely. Going back out tomorrow.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby Laser4G63 » June 30th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Tunnel trail is in bad shape. Still muddy but it's drying out. There are a couple trees down that will need a saw and there is overgrowth. Some places you cannot tell there is a trail there.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby MLKuhl » July 13th, 2010, 5:15 pm

tunnel trail is good and dry. trails are in good shape. Group ride had 2 last night. Matt
MLKuhl

Postby Laser4G63 » July 31st, 2010, 2:12 pm

Somebody pulled up one of the bridges that spwrozek built. I found it off to the right side a ways and placed it back over the washout area. It's just sitting on top of the dirt since I didn't have anything with me to set it in again.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby georgemra » August 5th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Tried riding this trail and I couldn't find my way around very well. I could find all the entrances off of the road, but once I got in there were so many different trails intersecting and going all different directions that I just kind of wandered for a while and then left. Any tips on how to get around this trail? Thanks.
georgemra

Postby Laser4G63 » August 5th, 2010, 3:44 pm

The best way to find your way around would be to join the group ride that is held on Monday at 6pm. That is if it's still going on. I started riding the trails in there about a year ago and pretty much had to find my own way around as well. Some trails are confusing and it took me a while to get to know them.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby Laser4G63 » August 6th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Bridge is gone now. Couldn't find it anywhere. I guess some dip$hits don't have better things to do with their lives. Oh, and there's a tree down on the school trail.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby spwrozek » August 6th, 2010, 10:38 pm

The bridge on North? I pretty much quit riding Sharp Park (I actually haven't had time to even ride at all since July 5th... :( ) so I am out of the loop.
spwrozek

Postby Laser4G63 » August 7th, 2010, 7:32 am

No, one of the bridges on the 1-4 trails that you were kind enough to build. The one that was over the major washout area. Someone moved it before, but I had put it back.
Craig
Laser4G63

Postby spwrozek » August 7th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Awesome, I was never able to get out there and secure it to the ground, maybe I should.
spwrozek

Postby georgemra » August 9th, 2010, 11:43 am

Trail description could use some directions on how to get to a good place to park and the best entry point to this trail. I asked someone at a bike shop downtown and I didn't get the greatest directions.
georgemra

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions