Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

Postby jmf003 » October 29th, 2014, 11:11 am

Deadfall across the trail in Olson park. About 7" diameter...too large for me to move. A couple hundred yards before the teeter totter.

An entire section of woods and trail was bulldozed in the south end of Stapp Nature Area. Google Maps shows the affected area extending well inside the Nature Area but that seems nuts so maybe the map is wrong?
jmf003

Postby Bcar » October 29th, 2014, 11:15 am

jmf003 wrote:Deadfall across the trail in Olson park. About 7" diameter...too large for me to move. A couple hundred yards before the teeter totter.

An entire section of woods and trail was bulldozed in the south end of Stapp Nature Area. Google Maps shows the affected area extending well inside the Nature Area but that seems nuts so maybe the map is wrong?

that would be for the new 1st Martin Development... Apartments going in, Ive met with them a year or two ago and they were on-board with putting in a connector trail on their property connecting Stapp and Leslie. I haven?t been out that way in a while so haven?t seen what it currently looks like.
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby Bcar » October 29th, 2014, 12:24 pm

map isnt 100% correct. 1st martin actually donated some land to the city to increase the size of the park (and to gain approval for their project.). their delv plan is on the web.

http://annarborchronicle.com/tag/stapp-nature-area/
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby jmf003 » October 29th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Bcar wrote:map isnt 100% correct. 1st martin actually donated some land to the city to increase the size of the park (and to gain approval for their project.). their delv plan is on the web.

http://annarborchronicle.com/tag/stapp-nature-area/

That map makes a lot more sense!
jmf003

Postby shredbetty61 » April 19th, 2015, 8:59 am

Could someone send me the A2 loop in detail? I've ridden much of it with help from riders I've met on the trail, but haven't figured out the connections. K-L was new to me last year, what a place! I loved it, seeing the trillium in bloom and at the same time the view of HRD from above. Couldn't find where to go after Sunset park either. Thanks Mary
shredbetty61@yahoo.com
shredbetty61

Postby DynoDon » April 19th, 2015, 9:28 am

That is a hard trail to ride, there is no way to figure it out for me. I've ridden it with others, but I'm not sure they knew the whole thing either, then I was just following, when I go out by myself I get very confused. I enjoyed the trail, but not getting lost.
DynoDon

Postby jmf003 » October 14th, 2015, 8:49 am

chong wrote:...I haven't been able to find the Ridge and Downhill trails. Are those over in the Cedar Bend Nature Area?...

(deleted.)

Next question. There is singletrack that parallels the the railroad tracks off Dhu Varren. I rode it a few days ago and it wasn't as wet as I remember, but a lot of the bridges were in pretty bad shape. I'm wondering if the folks doing most of the work (I'd be happy to get more involved on the weekends) are letting this section be reclaimed by nature?

Not sure what the official Poto chapter position is on maintaining that trail but it doesn't get a lot of use because it's almost always very wet, like you remember.

The Poto chapter is always looking for volunteers to do trail maintenance. Your ability to put in some time would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by jmf003 on October 14th, 2015, 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
jmf003

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions