MCMBA: Novi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby c0nsumer » April 9th, 2014, 2:04 pm

blues-brewer wrote:I assume by reading a few of the recent posts, that Tree Farm is no where near ready to ride yet at this time of year? Just a hopeful rider looking to get out and hit some single track. Cabin fever, spring fever, whatever you call it is hitting hard right now! Sun is out and it's 50+ degrees for the first time in months!!! :-) Hope to see some good news regarding trail conditions fairly soon!

There's some pavement out there that's clear and dry... ;)
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Sortaslow » April 9th, 2014, 4:20 pm

blues-brewer wrote:I assume by reading a few of the recent posts, that Tree Farm is no where near ready to ride yet at this time of year? Just a hopeful rider looking to get out and hit some single track. Cabin fever, spring fever, whatever you call it is hitting hard right now! Sun is out and it's 50+ degrees for the first time in months!!! :-) Hope to see some good news regarding trail conditions fairly soon!

If you've got cabin fever, sure, come out. Grab a rake and shovel, attend one of the chapter trail days. You can even fix the mess left by those that ride too early.
Sortaslow

Postby daffunda » April 11th, 2014, 7:23 am

I did some recon yesterday and did a little trail cleaning moving deadfall on the trail.

The section of that small loop at 12.5 mile road is clear. (the trail sign to the 12.5 mile road exit)

However there were majority of spots that were muddy (with pizza cutters) and still snow covered.

I saw one guy at the trailhead and I told him maybe he should not be riding the trail, and he said it is in "great shape". To some if you can ride your bike on it without walking the trail is in "great shape" :roll: Whatever...
~www.trails-edge.com~

DISCLAIMER: The posts I make or have made in the past are strictly MY OPINION, AKA my two cents, and NOT in ANY WAY opinions of the MMBA or its associates. It is recommended to take it for what it is worth, which is two cents.
daffunda

Postby GHamilton » April 11th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Just got back from walking some of the trail. I was totally surprised at how rideable the part I walked was. I walked Limeys,754, most of Loki's and most of Frogs pass. There are existing pizza cutters, but there was no mud until I approached the main walking trail back near 12 1/2 mile. There is still snow and ice on the shaded areas there. I'll still stay away but it's nice to know that the trail isn't a complete mess. After the weekend warriors tomorrow? We'll see.

Gordon
p.s. Saw three deer. a great big 'ol turtle and the snakes were scaring the bejeezus out of me. Me and Indy. We hate snakes.
GHamilton

Postby Loren » April 14th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Got a report that there were several trees down and lots of small deadfall. Will try to clear it over the next couple days.
Loren

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments