MCMBA: Novi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby GreeneRob » December 4th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Stopped by for a partial loop today. 754 and Lost started to soften and get greasy where the trees aren't covering. All else was nice and crunchy, but getting soft.
GreeneRob

Postby Rojallad » December 6th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Trail was in ok shape today. Several great spots early on and around 9-9.25 other than that you just have theeaves to worry about. I rode on my Wo so I may have been immune to some of the stuff. still a good ride today.
Rojallad

Postby Dirtdevil » December 6th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Limey's is getting greasy, as is the last part of superman, other than that, trail was in good shape. Ride it earlier in the morning to avoid grease. Tree down in expert just as you start the climb after the 2nd log pile, but before the tight right switchback downhill. Another tree down parallel to the concrete hill climb.

:twisted:
Last edited by Dirtdevil on December 15th, 2014, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirtdevil

Postby GHamilton » December 10th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Trail is okay. Lots of ruts, some tire grabbers. If the sun was out it would be too greasy to ride limeys, expert, 754, lost loop, and frogs pass.. Freezing temps at night and warm during the day the rest of the week means more greasy trail. On a positive note, no one else was out there today so I rode some of the trail in reverse direction. Like riding a new trail.

Gordon
GHamilton

Postby vette-ss » December 10th, 2014, 4:17 pm

GHamilton wrote:I rode some of the trail in reverse direction. Like riding a new trail.

Gordon

How'd the crater ride backward? :shock:
vette-ss

Postby GHamilton » December 10th, 2014, 4:57 pm

vette-ss wrote:
GHamilton wrote:I rode some of the trail in reverse direction. Like riding a new trail.

Gordon

How'd the crater ride backward? :shock:

Rode 754 backwards today. I'm not adventurous enough to try the whole trail at once. Crater might be a little tough :D Expert too.

Gordon
GHamilton

Postby Loren » December 10th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Crater is okay if you have a running start. You have to attack it though. (the bypass to the south is the easiest path to the top)
The two climbs in Expert are tough, because you're starting at the bottom without momentum.
Loren

Postby Loren » December 14th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Cleared a few new downed trees this morning.

This weather is not terribly kind to trails. Let's use good judgement out there!
Loren

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments